GNX 089 Window Sticker on eBay

I contactd the owner of the GNX this window sticker is supposed to be for and they say that they still have it with their car. :confused:

I highly doubt that there were two made for the same car. Why would there be? Maybe the one on ebay is a reproduction as I have seen some of those that are almost idenitcal to the real thing. I emailed the seller asking where they got it and told them that the owner of the GNX says they still have the original one.

I sold new Chevys from 84-87'. The cars came in with a two part sticker attached to the window. We tore off one of the copies and left the other attached to the car. If a customer wanted us to remove the second, more official looking sticker, we soaked it with window cleaner, waited a few minutes and then peeled it off prtty cleanly. The other sticker stayed with us in the original dealer folder to the car. I imagine Buicks were the same.

My theory

I have run across two GNX's where the owner had two "original" window stickers. In both cases, one was a "Buick" GN style sticker clearly listing the car as a GNX with the GNX number indicated, the other an ASC McLaren version that we're all familiar with. My theory is that the cars were delivered to ASC with the Buick sticker displayed on the window and during the GNX modification the Buick sticker was removed and replaced by the ASC version. Perhaps some of the original removed buick stickers were left in the cars, stashed in the glove compartment or under the seat,etc. As a side note, I have the original quality control ASC internal audit checklist for my GNX. I have no idea how the original owner came by this document, unless it was left in the car in a similar manner.

Left Behind Literature

I have the Tuesday, June 23, 1987 "Daily News", B-O-C Flint Assembly paper that was found above the headliner in my GNX so I am not surprised what workers leave behind.