Gnx 176

Looks like a nice example. Selling price depends on the overall condition (original paint free of flaws, undercarriage, interior etc) and presence of items that influence the value (books, window sticker, jacket, original tires etc). I am in the market a nice example for a fair price and have a garage space waiting for it. In watching the market for these cars over the past few months I've seen quite a few for sale but not many actually sell. I think it ultimately boils down to the fact that the desired selling price is higher than what this market will allow. With that in mind, I'm thinking around $60K + or - a few grand.

+1

I wish I could get the hell out of here. You just can't beat the weather. :frown:

Can't beat San Diego weather as an example. But as I've found out, weather isn't everything! I haven't regretted leaving the people's republic of kalifornia, not even a little bit.

Well we have about enough open space for maybe 30 cars, but they have to be Buick, pre-fer black, and may or may not have an X on a emblem:p

Oh yeah, and I exercise them as well :)

YouTube - HPJim's Long Grand National Burnout

Awe............so your the one. I've got that saved to my YouTube favs list...;) Great burnout, and I love the comments on the vid also. I didn't know you installed a 5-speed, lol. :eek:

Ken

Thanks all for the response's so my position is that unless someone offers me some where around $75,000 & can guaranty it a good home I will sit on it. I can give it away at anytime. I have to remind myself that there was a reason I chased this car for two years & begged the guy to sell it to me till he gave in. I just needed a reality check. So that's it till the next time I get pissed about something. Regards Lou

Thanks all for the response's so my position is that unless someone offers me some where around $75,000 & can guaranty it a good home I will sit on it. I can give it away at anytime. I have to remind myself that there was a reason I chased this car for two years & begged the guy to sell it to me till he gave in. I just needed a reality check. So that's it till the next time I get pissed about something. Regards Lou

Good decision. :cool:

Lou good choice...with this market if you turn it into cash you cannot get any return on that money in the bank. At least it is something that you can drive and enjoy.

i know of a rather large shop for rent- 14,000 square feet and comes with a couple of 2 post car lifts- for rent for $560 a month...
you Cali guys have got it rough.

I wish I could get the hell out of here. You just can't beat the weather.

I moved out of the lessor People's Republic of Wisconsin. Wisconsin and Illinois are feuding to see which will be the last to issue right to carry firearms permits. With Obama in power, I think Ill. may win.

More seriously, I just paid $16,100 for my GN and I paid the meager fee of 2.1% sales tax and the whole bill with tag was under $400. Its so cheap here I did not try to play any games and try to lower the bill of sale like is so common. Tag next year is maybe $40. I don't know, so cheap, who cares.

The weather here is good. It does get below freezing but southern Alabama is warmer. I like the change of seasons myself.

I hunt for free on my own land with no license needed. We were very prompt on making a State law stopping Eminent Domain except for public USE like a road everyone will use and some city cannot just take the land because it can build a bigger tax base. This is one of the reasons I left Wisconsin too.

Alabama's biggest State Gross Domestic Product are cars.

Lou,why do you have to take out on the gnx when you get pissed why not your other cars. why not sell the Porsche or Ford or maybe even the lex i better not say that your wife might mad at that idea.

I moved out of the lessor People's Republic of Wisconsin. Wisconsin and Illinois are feuding to see which will be the last to issue right to carry firearms permits. With Obama in power, I think Ill. may win.

More seriously, I just paid $16,100 for my GN and I paid the meager fee of 2.1% sales tax and the whole bill with tag was under $400. Its so cheap here I did not try to play any games and try to lower the bill of sale like is so common. Tag next year is maybe $40. I don't know, so cheap, who cares.

The weather here is good. It does get below freezing but southern Alabama is warmer. I like the change of seasons myself.

I hunt for free on my own land with no license needed. We were very prompt on making a State law stopping Eminent Domain except for public USE like a road everyone will use and some city cannot just take the land because it can build a bigger tax base. This is one of the reasons I left Wisconsin too.

Alabama's biggest State Gross Domestic Product are cars.

Another WI victim huh? :wink:
After I left the peoples republic of kalifornia, I spent a few years in WI myself (was born and raised there) on my way to my final stop here in East TN, I had forgotten about the stupendeosly high property taxes, etc.

I'm also enjoying the 4 seasons with relatively mild winters (may or may not snow, but if it does it's seldom more than an inch and is alway gone the next day). Dirt cheap everything. NO income tax!!! but rather high sales tax (9.25%) low low property tax, dirt cheap tags (mine are only $25 because I'm retired military).
Cheap? ya, had my 3br 3bath house custom built, 4 oversize garage stalls, sitting on 1.5 acres for a ****ping 190K

WOW..you guys get cheap rent compared to the DC area! I was paying around $6000 a month for a 3 bay shop with a lift on the side:eek: That included accountant fees that I split with the c-store owner, but not utilities.

Lou,why do you have to take out on the gnx when you get pissed why not your other cars. why not sell the Porsche or Ford or maybe even the lex i better not say that your wife might mad at that idea.

Sorry I don't know what I was thinking of, Later for the wife she can just walk to work & steal a shopping cart to bring the groceries home. The Lex has got to go !

Sorry I don't know what I was thinking of, Later for the wife she can just walk to work & steal a shopping cart to bring the groceries home. The Lex has got to go !

Hahaha ;).........................................That wasn't Nice!

Good decision Lou! The GNX is my dream car, if I ever get lucky enough to aqquire one, I can assure you I will never sell it. I would be a last, last, last resort!

Turbo Regals......once you have owned one, nothing is ever the same!;)