Gnx 176

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Trying to decide if I should try & sell my GNX in this market.Whats driving me to this is the cost to store this garage ornament,My interest lies in restoring it & making it as close to new as possible. I feel that I have accomplished this & time to move on.What is putting me over the top is our wonderful legislature has desided to double licenceing fees. I absolutely refuse to support the governments bad decisions by paying this unarmed robbery for very little return.
I also have three other cars to feed. I don't have to sell it but should someone wish to give it a good home I would have to consider it. Any interest or opinions of asking price on a lo mileage mint GNX which needs nothing is appreciated. Lou

Hi Lou-- you have PM.

IMO, hold tight unless you have to sell (sounds like you don't). Don't let frustration or dismay with the train wreck in Washington DC (or CA for that matter) over-influence your decision to sell without fairly weighing other factors.

For example, assets (especially those that can be enjoyed and insured) are a nice place to be right now. Accordingly, the collector car market, while certainly not where it was three years ago, has not suffered nearly to the degree other investment classes have-- especially for top-line marques with good provenance.

Check Feb. 23 Barron's for some more data points.

Lets keep in touch,
Doug

Hi Lou-- you have PM.

IMO, hold tight unless you have to sell (sounds like you don't). Don't let frustration or dismay with the train wreck in Washington DC (or CA for that matter) over-influence your decision to sell without fairly weighing other factors.

For example, assets (especially those that can be enjoyed and insured) are a nice place to be right now. Accordingly, the collector car market, while certainly not where it was three years ago, has not suffered nearly to the degree other investment classes have-- especially for top-line marques with good provenance.

Check Feb. 23 Barron's for some more data points.

Lets keep in touch,
Doug
Thanks Doug, I have bought & sold many TR's & this is my forth & nicest GNX My little shop right now is 1200 sq ft. 1,700.00 a month rent & only room for three cars. Hard for you guys in the rest of the country to fathom but Calif's reality. Room that I need to service customers cars & this GNX occupies one of them. So I started adding up what this car is costing me to own even though its paid for can't justify it any longer, License ,insurance, storage & now my tags will go from $400.00 to $800.00. What politicians don't seem to understand is that every time they raise tax's or fees it kills investment & peoples desire to own more than they need. This country is now fawked & who knows when it will turn around. Now we have these dumb bastards voting for some kind of change that only guarantees things to get worst. I'm setting my self up for the big crash. The light at the end of the tunnel is indeed a train wreck heading our way. I weep for the younger generations for they will never enjoy what I have seen in my 65 years. Lou

Geez, that's awful expensive storage. They seem to be holding their value for the most part. I would think you could get $65-75k now or maybe better. Im sure in a couple of years you might get $80-90k. One hell of a car collection there Lou.

Geez, that's awful expensive storage. They seem to be holding their value for the most part. I would think you could get $65-75k now or maybe better. Im sure in a couple of years you might get $80-90k.

Commercial property rents for a $1.30 a ft. in my area. I try to keep my expenses down so I can still afford to fix Buick's.What I love to do & know well. It's not like this is a high volume business to afford more overhead.This is why it will be harder to find anyone who specializes in these cars anymore. I know that this post probably belongs in the political section & apologize for venting here.

Lou
I have a 1993 chevy pickup that's used to living outdoors and it's cheap to insure and register. I would be pleased to trade you even just to help you out a little.

Cheers,
Charlie

GNX3.jpg

GNX4.jpg

100_0531.jpg

GNX9.jpg

GNX7.jpg

GNX8.jpg

GNX5.jpg

GNX1.jpg

Lou
I have a 1993 chevy pickup that's used to living outdoors and it's cheap to insure and register. I would be pleased to trade you even just to help you out a little.

Cheers,
Charlie
Gee thanks but only if you include the rifle rack.

With the way things are right now, don't plan on making a killing. #127 was for sale recently in Canada (7,000 mi. car) and bidding only got up to $56K. For a 13,000 mi. car in this economy, you will be very lucky to get close to that number.

WHy not sell one of the other toys and keep the GNX? Seems to me to have the most appreciation potential.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

With the way things are right now, don't plan on making a killing. #127 was for sale recently in Canada (7,000 mi. car) and bidding only got up to $56K. For a 13,000 mi. car in this economy, you will be very lucky to get close to that number.

WHy not sell one of the other toys and keep the GNX? Seems to me to have the most appreciation potential.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Thanks & like I said I was just trying to get some input, I would probably hate myself after I sold it just as I did when I sold the others that I once owned.

Haul it to Kansas and I will store it for free in our warehouse until the economy gets better.... serious.

Lou,

Keep the GNX and move out of the People's Republic of California.

-john

Trying to decide if I should try & sell my GNX in this market.Whats driving me to this is the cost to store this garage ornament,My interest lies in restoring it & making it as close to new as possible. I feel that I have accomplished this & time to move on.What is putting me over the top is our wonderful legislature has desided to double licenceing fees. I absolutely refuse to support the governments bad decisions by paying this unarmed robbery for very little return.
I also have three other cars to feed. I don't have to sell it but should someone wish to give it a good home I would have to consider it. Any interest or opinions of asking price on a lo mileage mint GNX which needs nothing is appreciated. Lou

Hey! I think you should hold on to your GNX.... they dam sure aren't making anymore of them lol. Anyway, how do you like your Lightning?? I have a 2000, you gotta love the torque right?! good luck in your decision :)

I wish I could leave, except I haven't found a better place on earth.

I hear Mars is nice this time of year, and hey... the whole planet is red! But it's much easier to breathe on the blue planet.

If you want to live anywhere nice it'll cost you!

Lou, get rid of one the the other cars and register the X as non op until things settle here in the commy state.