You can type here any text you want

GNX 258 Will Be Restored

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
John, it was a real pleasure to have met you and Steve at Columbus, we all felt your pain after this crash.

My Wife and I are glad to know your car will be restored. we are even happier that you did not require much repair.

This incedent while it turned out for the better ( as far as personal injury goes) is a real eye opener for a lot of guys running fast times in street cars, while we only run at the track a few times a year, none of us have the proper safety equipment. I can name 4 cars in my area that trap over 130 mph with no cage or safety harness... the fastest running in the 9s
to indure a cash like yours with out the equipment you had your car equipped with would be unthinkable

I for one am taking a good look at safety over this comming winter.

Looking forward to see #258 Back together.

Bill

If you need any parts let me know i will try to help out. I feel bad hearing this, I race circle track and crash cars alot but you know that going in. I am thinking about going to bg this year after a 3 or 4 years of not going it would be nice to see how the car turns out.

jim

good bump im also wondering if there is any updates?

I thought that there was a thread that had pics after the mishap but I can't find it. I saw the car after it happened, and it wasn't pretty! :eek: Just glad no one got hurt.

Nice to see its not going to the TR grave yard. You have to rebuild, its a 9 sec GNX...;) How many of those could possibly exist? Im sure they could be counted on one hand.....:cool:

good bump im also wondering if there is any updates?

We are making some progress. The frame is about straight again. If anyone has a line on some true GNX fender flares at a reasonable price let me know. Too many people are just out they to rip off people as bad as they can.

Sully

I wonder how many people will be pulling off their Powermaster brake system now? I know I plan on pulling mine off and replacing it with a more reliable one. The thought of having my kids in the car with me and having brake failure, not a good thought. Glad you're OK man..........

I posted this 1 year ago and last night was driving my car with the kids in the car....luckily we weren't going fast and the fuse blew, no brakes! Just ordered the power booster and MC from Advance auto!!!!!!!!! Power master is going in the trash!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this 1 year ago and last night was driving my car with the kids in the car....luckily we weren't going fast and the fuse blew, no brakes! Just ordered the power booster and MC from Advance auto!!!!!!!!! Power master is going in the trash!!!!!!!!!!!

usually you get a warning somethings wrong on a street driven car with the powermonster :cool:

usually you get a warning somethings wrong on a street driven car with the powermonster :cool:

I got a warning, it was the hard pedal when I pusehd the brakes. I blew 3 fuses yesterday getting it home and 2 today just trying to back out of the driveway. I don't like, even if it was still working fine I wouldn't like it or the worry of "push and pray" for a brake pedal to be there. Picking up my new power booster tomorrow morning ;)

I didn't get a warning when mine went out. Backed up out of driveway fine. Next time I go for brakes, pedal was rock hard.

Back