Gnx #433

Fat Al

433 is on ebay right now, with 160 miles on it. The lister says he bought in on ebay some time ago. Does anyone here know when or for how much?

Thanks,
Al

info attached...

Attachments

• 433_a.jpg
    433_a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 549
David - Talk about being on top of things... That was impressive. I''m interested in 433, but I don't know if I can stomach the price of one with 160 miles on it. I guess I'll know by this time next week.

Thanks for the quick info.

Wow, #071 was listed on ebay just a couple minutes later. Looks like there's a glut on the market! :biggrin:

Fat Al said:
Wow, #071 was listed on ebay just a couple minutes later. Looks like there's a glut on the market! :biggrin:

Man..............I thought I was on top of E-Bay :biggrin:

You guys are good :D

twinvipers said:
I'll be there tomorrow night for the opening party :biggrin:

Don't know if I will be going to the gala. I'll try and catch up with you sometime on Thursday.

Im pretty sure im 100% right on this one and im only telling the story so no one here gets caught up in a jam. This gnx #071 that is showing Nj tags on e-bay i believe was owned at one time by a guy who has a beer and wine in@out store in NJ. Anyway, if this is the same car and im betting that it is theres some fishy stuff about it and i would not bid on it. I went to look at this car about 3 years ago and it was showing the same kind of miles. The reason i remember that is because i was all jacked up thinking...man this thing must be perfect...NOT ! The turbo was missing and of course he gave me the...gee i don't know where it is story. The car was buffed out hard and has some good scratch marks in it. The trunk had a dirt spot on the left side..which this one looks like it does too. Again i could be wrong but i don't think i am. I can also tell you this. The computer was in and out a lot. And by the over all looks of the car when i seen it...it had way more then 1800 miles...even though thats what the OD said. I will try to make some calls and see if this is the one. Just wanted to let everyone know that if it is the same car...please use caution. Again just a heads up i could be wrong but i didn't want to see anyone get screwed.

Whats up with the dash, I thought they had more gauges than just a spedo and tach? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? :confused:

John,

I have a feeling that GNX # 71 is/was Joe Canals car (He owned Canals Liquors at one point)...He bought it new from Masson Buick In Cherry Hill/Marlton NJ....If it is I have some original paper work for the car...I wonder what they are hoping to get for the car?

GNX 433 on ebay

Guys,

the bidding up to this morning is at $61,200. My concern is that is has 162 miles on it. I looked at the pics and where are the 3.8 turbo emblems on the hood. Has the hood been repainted or is it a fibeglass. Did the GNX not have these emblems?

GNX's did not have the emblems on the hood like a GN. They only have a GNX badge on the trunk lid and one on the grill

Yeah Herb i knew that i just didn't want to say the guys name but that is his car or was. Not too sure who has it now. I remember getting out of my truck with Dave Hentz who works on Kirbans cars and are feet didn't even hit the ground and we could not believe how bad the car was. He told us he never raced it. Then we pulled the shield off and he did the worst act of i don't know where the turbo is that i ever seen. Then he said he raced the car and he had it at the defunked Quater mile performance in atco nj. Then he said there was never a chip in..and there was. Dirty trunk,deep scratches from a buffer, no jacket,book or anything else for that matter. When we left he had a clue how pissed i was and said look just make me and offer. It was so bad i wouldn't have even offer him 25 for it. Just goes to show you....don't go by a picture on ebay.....unless of course they painted it.

John,

Doing some research on the car I have come up with the following things:

This car (GNX #71) was serviced in 1988 (I have paper work from Masson) when it had only 1400 Miles on it. From 1988-Present the car has only had a couple hundered miles on it. The car was just bought from Joe within the last few months and the gentleman offering the car does not know anything about it and they are hoping to get 70K....I am in the process of trying to contact Joe for more information.

I sold GNX #433 on ebay last August. I have also sold the Ttop GN. I still have the Astroroof GN with 18000 miles.

Attachments

• GNX 433 Group 2 118.jpg
    GNX 433 Group 2 118.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 363
Herb don't take this the wrong way but you can do a car fax until your blue in the face its doesn't mean the miles are right. Im just trying to pass along what i seen first hand to the Buick family. And what i looked at and what Dave looked at was no 1800 mile car. Kinda funny that it still has 1800 4 years later. The car might have said 1800 miles but it looked like 40,000. I also know someone that knows a little bit more about certain things but im not saying anything else about it. Anyway, just wanted to pass it along to the buick board in case someone was thinking about buying it. The car was junk then and im sure its junk now. In fact since the turbo was missing i bet the intercooler is not a gnx either. But i didn't dig that far into it 4 years ago. I left 20 mins after looking it over...a big waste of time.