You can type here any text you want

Gnx exhaust systems - kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dennis Kirban

Kirban 2 Cents Worth

One of the toughest things to find for any GNX owner or those fortunate enough to own one of Richard Clarks GNX suspensions is getting a replacement exhaust system.

With ATR bitting the dust awhile back killed the mufflers that Richard Clark and I sold with the suspension kits. They used ATR mufflers which were center to center design.

The one issue was locating a short round style muffler that had a center to center inlet & outlet and had a 2 1/2 inch inlet and outlet. Richard has located such a muffler and he purchased a skid load of them. He has test flowed them and they actually outflow the ATR ones. Of course they are far superior to the original GNX mufflers also. I believe the factory are 2 1/4 inlet & outlet. They are highly polished stainless. To such a point you could hold a book up to the side of the muffler and read the book!

The system will be from the cat back and all stainless. System will hangers up by the axle so you see no hangers holding the tailpipes. Basically the factory method. Correct angle on the tailpipe exits. Entire system will be stainless and 2 1/2. Also outflow the stock system. He does have to modify the one muffler slightly to clear the GNX bar that runs down the one side similar to what ASC did originally.

He has already installed several systems. Kits will be 100% complete. Richard and I will be in Florida first week in November so I expect to have more information at that time. Systems will be sold through our company and dropped shipped from NC to save double shipping.

I would venture to say at this point almost every GNX that has spent most of its life sitting needs a exhaust system. The factory mini mufflers may not appear rotted on the outside but internally are probably shot from starting and idling and sitting for long periods of time.

At this point he is just working on locating special stainless hangers. He also has purchase special equipment to tweak the tips slightly so they are exact. Any one that knows Richard, knows he is keen in making things exact and has all the necessary equipment to make things right and enough originals around to double check his work.

Believe me, I have been bugging him on this since September when he said he was going to do it and I got him a deal on a huge load of the mufflers he is using.

As to the price? At this point we do not have a price yet. Keep in mind it will be 100% stainless and since its GNX related it is a limited production item. I will post more info on this thread an delivery time frame and price structure as I find out. Don't bug Richard personally as we will be the main supplier and have them first.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

For 22 years Don Garlits has put on a huge Mopar even for the Florida Mopar group....at his museum location in Ocala.....we are his guest.....

We will be there for this event with ZDDPlus as will Richard Clark and Paul Castle...Also my wife is going. We are also doing a professional video/DVD with Don and Zddp etc...
The dates are Sat and Sun Nov 7th and 8th we will have ZDDplus available for sale.

I have never attended this event so I am not familar with it.....So any nearby Florida customers stop by and say hello.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I make post this elsewhere in the forum as others have asked as well.

Any chance of Richard doing another run of the GNX suspensions ??

(Maybe with a big "X" on the rear cover to avoid GM license issues ??)

:eek:

just curious will a gnx exhaust system fit on a gn?

i know you CAN'T put a gn exhaust on a gnx but can it go the other way around?

thanks

kirban 2 cents worth

The format of either the GNX versus a Turbo regal exhaust system will not interchange. The issue is with the pipe frm the muffler back meaning the tailpipes.

However, their is a bit of good news......after the GNX exhaust system is done by Richard the plan is to do the Turbo Regal design using the same center to center polished stainless mufflers for both systems.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

The format of either the GNX versus a Turbo regal exhaust system will not interchange. The issue is with the pipe frm the muffler back meaning the tailpipes.

However, their is a bit of good news......after the GNX exhaust system is done by Richard the plan is to do the Turbo Regal design using the same center to center polished stainless mufflers for both systems.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

i saw some pics of the gnx exhaust and gnx suspension and the the exhaust looks like it could fit a regular turbo regal.will gnx exhaust hit the upper control arms on a turbo regal?

kirban 2 cents worth

In answer of your question....the reason the GNX exhaust system will not fit the regular Turbo Regals (1986-87) is because on a real GNX or a clone with the GNX repro suspension option is because they have eliminated the upper rear control arm and the tail pipe is routed in that area.

As you probably are aware if you have seen your car on a lift fit is kinda tight in that area. Like I said earlier once Richard has gotten the GNX style done he wil be doing the regular Turbo Regals next.

Your only other option is remove the upper control arm install the GNX #5 body bushing and yes then the new GNX exhaust system would fit.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

In answer of your question....the reason the GNX exhaust system will not fit the regular Turbo Regals (1986-87) is because on a real GNX or a clone with the GNX repro suspension option is because they have eliminated the upper rear control arm and the tail pipe is routed in that area.

As you probably are aware if you have seen your car on a lift fit is kinda tight in that area. Like I said earlier once Richard has gotten the GNX style done he wil be doing the regular Turbo Regals next.

Your only other option is remove the upper control arm install the GNX #5 body bushing and yes then the new GNX exhaust system would fit.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

dennis------the gnx body bushings and the gn upper control arms have nothing to do with each other-------the upper control arms cannot be removed unless they are replaced by a ladder bar or some other means of retaining the rear axle------the lower arms cannot hold the axle alone...........RC

kirban 2 cents worth

My mistake, what I was trying to convey was the fact the GNX tail pipes went in that area where the upper control arm was originally explaining why exhaust systems will not interchange. That you have to have a real GNX or a clone featuring your repro suspension system.

Be seeing you Richard in 5 days....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

the reason i asked if it would fit is the used atr exhaust in the thread below

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/301800-stainless-steel-exausht.html

atr exhausts have gotten tough to find these days.

are the exhausts that are GOING to be made for GN'S going to be 304 ss like atr's used to be?

thanks for answering my questions

yes they are 304 stainless and are better fitting than the atr's and use original mounts eliminating drilling holes in the frame

yes they are 304 stainless and are better fitting than the atr's and use original mounts eliminating drilling holes in the frame

made in america? if so and realistically priced i am sure you will have a winner on your hands. i hope a dual 3" is planned.i was offered a used atr dual3" NOT A GNX SYSTEM for $600 if it still had the mufflers i would of bought it! mufflers were rotted and replaced with straight pipe.

pm me a projected price for a gn system dual 2 1/2 and dual 3"

any ideas when these will be on the market?

looking forward to purchasing some of your exhaust systems:D

made in america? if so and realistically priced i am sure you will have a winner on your hands. i hope a dual 3" is planned.i was offered a used atr dual3" NOT A GNX SYSTEM for $600 if it still had the mufflers i would of bought it! mufflers were rotted and replaced with straight pipe.

pm me a projected price for a gn system dual 2 1/2 and dual 3"

any ideas when these will be on the market?

looking forward to purchasing some of your exhaust systems:D

we are going to make a gn system as soon as i finalize the gnx system-------i'm still doing some last minute tweeks--------pipes, hangers and flanges are made in usa------stainless clamps made in canada--------mufflers are made in china and modified in my own shop--------just could not find a domestic source for them that would work as good------spent months trying----------really don't think we will do a 3 inch system--------we are really interested in supplying the street/collector crowd-------3 inch systems should be left to the hard core racing vendors

Back