GNX Instrument Cluster ID

WE2Regal

This instrument cluster was supposedly removed from a GNX prototype car by a Buick engineer (not associated with the GNX project) who wanted one as a keepsake. I was hoping someone here would know if it is the real deal or a copy.

IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

it appears to have the correct stewart warner gauges , but im not 100 percent sure, how credible is the story of it being removed form a prototype by a buick engineer , so if true then its probably real deal

fuel oil and water gauges are not OE GNx. the gnx Stewart gauges had the international symbols at bottom of each gauge , sweep is also a little different on the originals

The story seemed credible. But it was told to me by a son and not the man who worked for Buick. There were numerous miscellaneous new GM parts (mostly older carbed turbo parts) along with this and a second speedometer with 500 miles.

Yeah, it still could be a prototype and the international symbols were added before production? I thought the wiring would be the real give away, but it too could have been changed before production.

it does have the blue bulk head connector like spina was talking about

I was looking for something today and came across this GNX gauge cluster in a box. I forgot to make an update on this. I later went back and bought several more items from this man and asked him to explain to me who his father was and how he got this gauge panel. His father was Byron Scott who who worked for Buick engineering and had owned the 1986 GNX prototype. So I guess it is safe to say this gauge cluster did in fact come from a prototype GNX before it was crushed. Because the gauges do not have the international symbols it must have been in an early car.

I had several pictures posted here that have apparently been lost. I intended to use this dash cluster in a 87' GN that is under restoration and is missing the dash. Now I am wondering if I should put it in a display case as a conversation piece.

I had several pictures posted here that have apparently been lost. I intended to use this dash cluster in a 87' GN that is under restoration and is missing the dash. Now I am wondering if I should put it in a display case as a conversation piece.
ahhhh conversions are great ...but over rated ..LOL...love to see the pics if you can repost ...

I don't know which car it came from. It was a keepsake before Byron Scott ever owned the prototype.