You can type here any text you want

GNX insurance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Walooo

So, how do you fortunate 547 insure your GNX's? What alarm systems do you use, anyone had one stolen? What companies have been good in paying claims?

I'm trying to finalise the deal for (hopefully) my new GNX, and I was hoping to get some input and insurance reccomendations. I live in a big city, and I'm definitely worried about theft so I will be lojacking it, and I'll probably have a removable wheel but I'm not sure that I would drag that around with me everytime I get out of the car. Oh yeah, I drive about 5k a year.

I use

Rally ins group, in Elmhurst Ill. 630 617 9960
I have 4 turbo buicks and my 57 chevy with them.
never had a claim, so no idea how they pay in that respect,( never gonna find out either) LOL
cars are in locked garage, no alarms, but doberman sleeps in garage!!
I'm in So Calif. and I encourage my nosey neighbor to watch my house.
hope that helps
cruzn57

Rally ins group, in Elmhurst Ill. 630 617 9960
I have 4 turbo buicks and my 57 chevy with them.
never had a claim, so no idea how they pay in that respect,( never gonna find out either) LOL
cars are in locked garage, no alarms, but doberman sleeps in garage!!
I'm in So Calif. and I encourage my nosey neighbor to watch my house.
hope that helps
cruzn57

Thats one for the list...

Depends on how you plan on driving it. You could always look at Haggerty or one of the other collectible insurance companies. I payed $420 a year for my GN through Haggerty.

Insurance

So, how do you fortunate 547 insure your GNX's? What alarm systems do you use, anyone had one stolen? What companies have been good in paying claims?

I'm trying to finalise the deal for (hopefully) my new GNX, and I was hoping to get some input and insurance reccomendations. I live in a big city, and I'm definitely worried about theft so I will be lojacking it, and I'll probably have a removable wheel but I'm not sure that I would drag that around with me everytime I get out of the car. Oh yeah, I drive about 5k a year.

Hagerty is 1,400.00 a year for GNX at an agreed value of 75,000.00
My 30,000 mile GN is also on Hagerty for 25,000 agreed value for 400.00 a year. I just had a payout for the GN from a front end collision and the claims adjuster was very helpfull. They paid for all new parts with no questions, the claim was 13,000. They also let you drive the cars, but have some stipulations like driving in the rain, racing and storing in an ulocked location. They are pricey for the plolicy but return it with great service.

I use MK Classic Auto Insurance EXCLUSIVLY for all of my cars, I have an Agreed Value of $85,000 on my GNX and I am paying $980 a year.
Hagerty wanted $1600 a year for an $85,000 Agreed Value. American Classic would give me as an agreed value was $50,000... Every person I
have referred to MK Switched. A few of them have Extensive Muscle Car Collections and they saved quite a bit of money.

MK Insurance Agency Inc Auto Insurance Homeowners Business

close!!!!!!

That cheap insurance right there. What, $40 a month? :D

but he's my buddy so cost isn't a concern.

my insurance for all 5 cars is just over $500yr, and they used kelly blue book for value, 3k @yr for miles , and only to car events, etc.

and beside the doberman, their is lead projectiles in convienent locations.:biggrin:

Claims

I use MK Classic Auto Insurance EXCLUSIVLY for all of my cars, I have an Agreed Value of $85,000 on my GNX and I am paying $980 a year.
Hagerty wanted $1600 a year for an $85,000 Agreed Value. American Classic would give me as an agreed value was $50,000... Every person I
have referred to MK Switched. A few of them have Extensive Muscle Car Collections and they saved quite a bit of money.

Have you ever had a claim with them. I know Hagerty is higher in price, but they make it up in service.

My 6T5 Belvedere/HEMI car is $300/yr, for agreed coverage of $100,000. No mileage restrictions, must be garaged at my home.
ANPAC in Spfld, MO. is the company.
I also have my truck, and trailer w/ them... Total bill right at $1000/yr.

no claim.......

Have you ever had a claim with them. I know Hagerty is higher in price, but they make it up in service.

so no idea on claim service, nor do I expect to find out.
normally one of us is home almost all the time, and I park in front of the garage.
hope I never am able to tell you about there claim service!

Fortunately I have never had to put in a claim and hopefully I never will but a friend of mine did when his M-Code 69 Super Bee Vert
fell off of a lift. The car was almost a total loss and from what I hear they were pretty good about the whole process.

I had a major claim with Haggerty. Although they couldn't have been nicer and assisted any way they could, it was a freaking battle all the way. It really was an issue with the underwriter who handles the claim and they were downright awful.

They used an independent adjuster who was clueless. I finally had to hire my own adjuster to get them to pay the full amount of the claim.

This time when I renewed, it was under the stipulation they use a different underwriting company, which they agreed to do.

Maggie will sit tucked in on jack stands (added theft protection & helps relieve the suspension) under a cover in my mothers garage while I'm in Iraq. Alarm activated. Compact Trickle charger sitting under the hood on automatic on the battery plugged to the wall.

My moms a old Dominican lady with a special liking for her Mossberg pump and my Blue PitBull "Baby" has her walk thru doors to go outside that lead thru the garage. Both of them are nosey & moody. I would feel terribly for the guy who even considers it. I really don't know who is worst. Baby or my old lady. :confused:

Plus my pup has a special liking for Maggie too. Hell everyone in the family does. Do you blame them?

But I pay $7 a month on a $30k storage insurance plan. State Farm. The ladies in there are really good looking also. That helps. :biggrin:

WOW, just got a quote, price was $1600 vs. $2980 from Hagerty. That is for 3 collector cars including my GNX.

hmmmmm......

WOW, just got a quote, price was $1600 vs. $2980 from Hagerty. That is for 3 collector cars including my GNX.

hmmmmm......

Tamra and Jackie are the Best, I know people with BIG DOLLAR car collections who use them, You don't insure 69 ZL1 camaros and HEMI CUDA's with an insurance co. unless you do your homework first.

Insured With State Farm

I have GNX181 insured with State Farm and I just received my 6 month renewal for $166. The only problem is that their underwriters don't really know the value of these cars and they'll only go to $48,500 without me getting another appraisal which I haven't had time to do as yet. Maybe when I stop by the office to pay the premium they'll allow me to increase the coverage this year without another appraisal. Yes, I know that it's drastically underinsured. What I like about State Farm is that I can take my car out pretty much anytime I want to and not have to inform them first that I'll be taking it out like my other carrier Liberty Mutual would've required. Car is garaged and there's usually one parked on the garage apron so that would have to be moved first if someone tried to steal it.

go to NADAguides.com

and look up GNX, print it out and take it with you when you visit your ins guy,
avg is $85910
hi is $122980
that might help.
cruzn57

I had Hobbyist ins agency, INC for about 6 months now on my 30k mile GN. My yearly premium is $299. No claims yet and in the future. They allow 5k miles per year and the other normal stipulations that follow.Very nice staff to deal with.

181-- Call Another Company Monday Morning, Man...

181-- You have two significant problems you need to fix ASAP. First, you're drastically underinsured and second, you're improperly insured. The former for value, the second for insurance type.

Please do a search on these Buick forums (or any forum, for that matter) about the difference between AGREED VALUE (good) and STATED VALUE (bad) insurance. Or use any search engine to do a bit of digging. Regardless of whatever your State Farm agent may tell you, they are NOT the same! SF does stated value, but that number only represents a MAX they'll offer and usually (as I've seen all too often) it's much less than that. They have NO OBLIGATION to give you Stated Value. Stated Value limits the insurance company's obligation to a maximum amount; it is NOT a promise to pay that amount to the insured. Please read that last sentence again.

Conversely, Agreed Value is completely different-- if you have a total loss, they will pay you the Agreed amount no questions asked. If you think you somehow have an Agreed Value with SF, ask your agent for a letter in writing stating your car is covered with an Agreed Value amount. Betcha he wont.

And don't even bother with Liberty Mutual-- calling your agent every time you take the car out? Are they kidding? What about a Sunday afternoon? Another bad choice and dead end.

Please dig on this topic just a bit for yourself. Any of the well-known collector insurance companies will insure a genuine GNX without batting an eyelash. And for market value, and at least one of them for less than you're paying for the WRONG insurance from State Farm.

Names to consider-- J.C. Taylor, Hagerty, Grundy Worldwide, American Collector's Insurance, etc. etc. etc.

Good luck!
Doug

Back