gnx on ebay stolen recovery

Come on guys, lighten up.

First of all from reading all the posts about this car for sale, and all the posts about the owner of the car trying to buy parts for his car, all I can say is...lets give gim a break. This poor guy buys a GNX, (regardless of the purchase price 30k,40k or whatever) has it for a couple of hours and it gets stolen. He has no insurance and He offers a reward for the return of the car. By the grace of God he finds his car, now which is partially stripped. He searches for months to find the correct parts for it but only comes up with regular regal parts to put on the car. Then he decides to put the car up for sale because he can not properly put the car back to original.........And all you guys can do is Bash him? All he said was he did not want to revel the original number to the public only to the winning bidder. I dont see whats wrong with that. There is no need to know the number, that should not be whats holding you back from bidding or buying the car. And he stated that he would revel it to a active bidder, sounds fair to me. Lets welcome him with open arms and try to help him with the sale, the Buick community is better than this.

I agree with Jamestown GNX. I'm fairly new here, but just looking at it, it looks like a beat to sh*t GNX to me. I'd guess it's at least a real one. Who'd go to the trouble to put the rear in, expensive guages, put in the vents that go through to the engine bay, put on a correct turbo shield, etc. etc.? Maybe the car was stripped for parts for a wrecked GN? Looks like collision damage to me, whether on this car or another that parts were taken for. He replaced 'em with what he could get. Those missing parts are expensive and add up. Whether he's misrepresenting what happened or not, I cannot say, but he's (probably) one of you, and you're acting like a bunch of cliquey high school girls out to get him. Help him out! Whether it's beat or not, it's a GNX, and down the road, I'm sure it'll be worth fixing. Remember all the 60's muscle that went to the crusher like those COPO Chevy's? Might have been thrashed to hell then, but try and buy one now. Plenty of regrets there. The guy had his dream car and his dream got stolen and destroyed. I'd be defensive too if it was something special to me.

I don't own a GNX, and probably never will be able to afford one. I'm building mine (a "tribute" car) piece by piece to make me happy. You guys may not like it, and I've heard from a few of you that don't, but it's what I can afford and what I want. Will it be a real GNX? Nope, but I can park mine anywhere I want, and if something happens, I'll just get a new Buick Regal door or aftermarket seat cover, no worries. Will it be as fast? Probably not. But it'll get me there. I won't brag it's real, and it'll never be confused by you guys that it is one. Hell, I'd even point one out if I was near one and someone was looking at mine. "Nah, this one? It's just a wanna be. That guy over there? Now his is special. He's one of 547."

Be a little friendlier guys. What harm is it gonna do to you? He didn't hide it was stolen, and if you're leary of it, don't buy it, and don't bash him. Buyer beware. If you want, do research on the car quietly, and if it's stolen, do the right thing and report him. Don't kill the guy's sale if you're wrong. The way some of you are acting the guy's already doing something wrong and he's guilty of something in your minds. His dream was already shattered once, don't kill it twice by ruining his sale too.

I'd offer 25k then slowly rebuild her and keep her til i'm 90 years old, that's about it.:cool:

Even with a 2 owner salvage title.:(

You guys might be right this could just be a witch hunt . A lot of cars have come through this site and you very rarely see this type of negativity. I guess just the way the car was stolen with all the doc's, How he used photos of my car on his craigslist ad. which at the time I did not appreciate. How photos of #262 surfaced on #282's photo gallery , how someone said keep an eye out on ebay. If the car is real which it very well might be, I apologize for being so negative. I just got a weird feeling maybe it's just in my head. Thanks

I think it's the real deal. As for the parts that are on the car, maybe the guy put them on to keep it drivable. Somebody mentioned the T horn button. Looks like the collar on the column doesn't match. Maybe original was destroyed when stolen. Those wheels were prolly thrown on there just to get the car rolling.
I say offer the the guy 25K cash and restore the car back to what it is.... A LIMITED PRODUCED AMERICAN ICON! Who cares if your gonna have more $$ into then what you could buy one for. Isn't this hobby about preserving American history?
I have a # matching SS 396 69 camaro. It has had 90% of the original sheet metal replaced. Do I care? Nope. It's a cool car and it's American Muscle
Just my .02

Kinda ironic GNX 000 has logged in several times since his last reply with no answer.

Kinda ironic GNX 000 has logged in several times since his last reply with no answer.

Do you blame him?

i wouldn't come back to this thread if i was him, he got beat down just about every way possible. (yes his people skills helped with that) but
Assuming his story is legit and the car is what it is suppose to be, no one here is offering anything near what a low mile GNX is worth so why should he even come back to this thread.

Do you blame him?

i wouldn't come back to this thread if i was him, he got beat down just about every way possible. (yes his people skills helped with that) but
Assuming his story is legit and the car is what it is suppose to be, no one here is offering anything near what a low mile GNX is worth so why should he even come back to this thread.

If you think it is such a deal David why dont you buy the car?

If nothing else it is in your part of the country why not go take a look at it for us so you can tell us we are all wrong?

Buying that car would be like dating a Hooker addicted to crack that just went through re-hab?

Yeah she might be a looker after she is all fixed up but you just hope your friends and family dont find out :eek:

I think this thread got out of hand from the beginning when the 'alleged' seller responded with this rude comment.

This is post #1 and post #2.
So I asked the seller what number gnx it is and the reply I got was, I will only release that info to bidders. Not worth the 20 k to me

So why even ask? It looks like your a tire kicker with no money.

Regardless of the situation, i *would* buy this car if i had the cabbage. Not too many opportunities come up where you can buy the real deal for that kind of money. I know the condition is bad BUT it is still a GNX (i think)! I would buy it and then document the restoration or resto-mod with pictures and show it off and tell everyone look what i did!!! Kinda like what i am doing now with my GN.

If i were the seller, i would not come off with attitude ESPECIALLY on this board! I dont do business with people who act like jerks or think they are doing me a favor...

gnx 000, good luck with the sale, hopefully it will find a good home.

If you think it is such a deal David why dont you buy the car?

If nothing else it is in your part of the country why not go take a look at it for us so you can tell us we are all wrong?

Buying that car would be like dating a Hooker addicted to crack that just went through re-hab?

Yeah she might be a looker after she is all fixed up but you just hope your friends and family dont find out
:eek:

i believe that at this point theres nothing any one can say that would change any ones mine on this thread about the car.

GREAT GREAT GREAT LINE DUDE :biggrin:

I think it's the real deal. As for the parts that are on the car, maybe the guy put them on to keep it drivable. Somebody mentioned the T horn button. Looks like the collar on the column doesn't match. Maybe original was destroyed when stolen. Those wheels were prolly thrown on there just to get the car rolling.
I say offer the the guy 25K cash and restore the car back to what it is.... A LIMITED PRODUCED AMERICAN ICON! Who cares if your gonna have more $$ into then what you could buy one for. Isn't this hobby about preserving American history?
I have a # matching SS 396 69 camaro. It has had 90% of the original sheet metal replaced. Do I care? Nope. It's a cool car and it's American Muscle
Just my .02

I see all sides here but have to agree with 1fast6 on this one. If you have the jack!

I e-mailed him a couple of days ago and asked him to send me a pic of codes on the inside of the trunk lid and he informed me that it was stolen also when the car was. He did not say if they took the trunk lid but if they just took the sticker, that does not make sense to me??

Its on autotrader.com 41k

or you can buy a 9000 mile one in mint shape there for 77

I was so unhappy with what happen to my car, i just wanted it out of my life.I knew i was going to run into people that would look at it and then go to this forum and start BS and bad mouthing me and the car.Like what happened.I didn't want to waist time with window shopping haters.Only real buyers,that is why i decided to not say what number it was.When i was in the market for a GNX, the number was not what i was whored about.If some one did bid, i would have gave the number of the car.Any way if some one was truly interested they would have checked the vin that i gave in the listing and see it was real and the number.The car looks bad compared to other GNX's,but it was fairly priced (not 20k) and a real opportunity that doesn't come along every day.The car is a true 13k mile car that was in a damp garage.That is why the undercarriage has some oxidation and needs mufflers.This is a solid rust free car that drive excellent as a 13k mile car should.I realize, why should i give what i spent so much money on?Not to mention 12 years of my life trying to get,because of some low life thieves.I'll keep her and make her what she was.Every one that know's me knows how this car will look after i'm done with it.So 262 will stay in a good home,Mine!!!!

Good then restore that car and make it what it should be. I would rather help you find parts and you keep it and enjoy your car. But I think your really need an alarm, with gps tracking. If you wind up keeping it good luck. Don't try to hide what happened to it. MAey time the story of the car in some cases more valuable just put it back together, and toss those ghetto parts that are on it on ebay.
I am sure some members, might open their vaults of nos parts to make 262 what it should be.

It needs to be in a garage or plan on losing it again. Even with the garage, alarm/gps I would have it fully insured for its value. Try grundy insurance since it isn't a daily driver.

I was so unhappy with what happen to my car, i just wanted it out of my life.I knew i was going to run into people that would look at it and then go to this forum and start BS and bad mouthing me and the car.Like what happened.I didn't want to waist time with window shopping haters.Only real buyers,that is why i decided to not say what number it was.When i was in the market for a GNX, the number was not what i was whored about.If some one did bid, i would have gave the number of the car.Any way if some one was truly interested they would have checked the vin that i gave in the listing and see it was real and the number.The car looks bad compared to other GNX's,but it was fairly priced (not 20k) and a real opportunity that doesn't come along every day.The car is a true 13k mile car that was in a damp garage.That is why the undercarriage has some oxidation and needs mufflers.This is a solid rust free car that drive excellent as a 13k mile car should.I realize, why should i give what i spent so much money on?Not to mention 12 years of my life trying to get,because of some low life thieves.I'll keep her and make her what she was.Every one that know's me knows how this car will look after i'm done with it.So 262 will stay in a good home,Mine!!!!

everybody so quick to jump all over this guy....
hope u get her back in to shape
good luck