gnx on ebay stolen recovery

i sold many very nice muscle cars and never understood sellers with TUDE. their is a reason sales people get paid, its because its work. some sellers get mad when they have to do their jobs as salespeople. giving full disclosure of the item is a big part of it, so dont get mad when people ask questions. thats crazy.

i Was very interested in this car but I'd rather clone my current gn. This way I can drive it and not just garage it

Not sure if they're connected but, I recall someone on this site posting a craigslist ad about a GNX being stolen apparently the same night that the person purchased the car ( In brooklyn ) #262 RINGS A BELL. The photos that were used in that ad were of someone else's car, not the car that was stole. I know this because it was my car in the photo's! I was told he took them from a for sale ad on the internet. Tags can be easily switched BUYER BEWARE . Is there a police report? Insurance or not, I'm going to the cops! This might be a real GNX but, I would be extremely cautious as I would be purchasing any GNX . Thanks!

Sullys Dads GNX that was wrecked was 258 I believe,,

Here is a thread on somebody looking for 262 :confused:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gnx-fortunate-547/264845-looking-262-a.html

As much as I hate to say it this looks like an attempt to sell a stolen car. Glad to see the community is on it. I do hope this works out in the end and it's figured out.

Hmmm, GNX 262 is looking like the number for sure, look at this quote from another thread of "gnx 000":

Hi.i'm looking for a set of original Gnx wheels,and dash plate # 262 that i can buy.Also need original Gnx intercooler sticker.I need either nos upper door panels,or very low mileage upper door panels.If any one has any of these items for sell please contact.
Thread located here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gnx-fortunate-547/325613-looking-gnx-wheels.html#post2561433

What The Hell IS GOING ON??

Yeah we know also was this the only gnX with riveted mouldings on it HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I bet it's a real gnx, it is really #262, and it's a real pos. I never thought I would say it, but that car sucks for being one of the 547. It looks like it's been dragged through hell for 13k miles, then borrowed by a broke @$$ version of the "Pimp my ride" show.

WOW this is some real funny stuff.
first you guys (speaking general) worship the GNX and now its a POS.
IF that car is a real GNX (according to you guys it is) with only 13K miles how the heck it isn't worth $30K or even $40K

No that car is just in bad shape and for sure is not worth 40k tops 25, think about it. A paint job on a gnx 8k, wheels 6k, tires 1k, interior 1k, 4k In parts such as emblems grill bumper air dams an exhaust. If you went totally nuts and did a frame off instead of a quick reshoot you looking at 10-15k. Still you gotta dump 15-20 into just to make it right. So for a 45k investment you still have a gnx with a soiled title. In mint conditon with a messed up title and praying you can still find some of the parts you would almost break even. Who's to say it even runs or the trans or rear isn't bad. A little more info and the guy could have had a homerun

WOW this is some real funny stuff.
first you guys (speaking general) worship the GNX and now its a POS.
IF that car is a real GNX (according to you guys it is) with only 13K miles how the heck it isn't worth $30K or even $40K

There are too many nice cars out there for sale for ~$50~60K. Why mess with this theft recovery which needs an expensive restoration when you can get a nice one for 10K or 20K more than what this guy wants (assuming he wants 40k).

Look at Lee's car. It's beautiful...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/328113-gnx163-sale.html

This recovery car would be a good candidate for a half azz restoration (paint, trim, GTA wheels etc) and then drive it like you stole it, but only if the price is reasonable, mid 20's or so.

i see your point as far as needing work, money and time to make it a big $$$ car (like when the economy was better) but putting a price tag of $25-$30 ON A REAL GNX with low miles is just crazy (i think) as some GNs (in great condition) have sold for very close to that.
Not saying that you guys are, but i would only take that same position on the price and worth of this car if i was directly or in directly making a push to buy it.
Also i am not a GNX worshiper to me its just another GN with flares, ugly rims and a dash plack i am basing my value on past sales, threads on this and the other Buick forums.
i also realize that the seller (if he is the seller) came of as not the greatest people person but that should not have an effect on the cars value.

i guess i am the in the wrong here but i wouldn't let go of this car for less then $40K-$45K i would rather stick in the garage for a few years or until i can get it fixed up instead of giving it away for $25K