gnx on ebay stolen recovery

well it has alot of right parts on it but there a some great looking clones out there also. but i has the rear suspension and the asc stickers on it. you can see where it had a gnx emblem on the trunk. Agreed that the pipes are fugly. But at any rate it seems that the car was stolen and the insurance company paid it out and the owner bought it back. Now they probally paid him 60k for it and you can buy car back at 10% which means he got it back for 6k. Now if I were selling the car I would put on some gta knock offs and redo the bumper and put about 5k into and sell it for 35k.

well it has alot of right parts on it but there a some great looking clones out there also. but i has the rear suspension and the asc stickers on it. you can see where it had a gnx emblem on the trunk. Agreed that the pipes are fugly. But at any rate it seems that the car was stolen and the insurance company paid it out and the owner bought it back. Now they probally paid him 60k for it and you can buy car back at 10% which means he got it back for 6k. Now if I were selling the car I would put on some gta knock offs and redo the bumper and put about 5k into and sell it for 35k.

Yep. With low miles (if those are the real miles), the stuff you mentioned, and a little elbow grease that car would be worth a LOT more than it is now. My $8k GN looks pretty awesome compared to that car.

So if i have this right. They stole this car. Took the front bumper, (but not the rear bumper), hood, headlight bezels, wheels, badges, door pull straps, dash plaque, concert sound speaker covers, air filter, steer wheel tilt lever knob end, air dam, amber marker lights, and the top half of the horn ring. Then added a t-type horn insert, side body mouldings, and a monte exhaust. interesting:rolleyes:

Also there's no odometer reading from auto check and it must be the rarest of all gnx's with that manual transmission it says it has.

Is this car still available, it seems funny if they were going to strip the car for parts that they would bother to put a bunch of worthless generic parts back on it.

Didn't take long for "GNX000" to shut his pie hole, once the detectives started snooping!

Gnx ebay

It would be a fair price at the 20k but you look it over a gnx with 13k miles and the exhaust has been replaced, looks like rot or lots of rust on the under side, and different plug wires?? I don't know but looks like 113k miles to me. But still a good deal for 20K not the 40k he would like to get. I think he said he had no INS on the car so pay out. just my o2.

The vin is on the listing.That will tell any one if it is the real deal and its #.Anyway you can clearly see by the pictures, that it is the real deal.It may look bad but put a black front bumper and original wheels and it will look bad as again.
Again, you apparently havent made many Fleabay purchases..... The vin huh?:rolleyes: Clueless:eek:

It would be a fair price at the 20k but you look it over a gnx with 13k miles and the exhaust has been replaced, looks like rot or lots of rust on the under side, and different plug wires?? I don't know but looks like 113k miles to me. But still a good deal for 20K not the 40k he would like to get. I think he said he had no INS on the car so pay out. just my o2.

$20K would be relatively fair, but a proper restoration would be financially crushing. The car would have $60k into it in no time. Better off to buy a nice one.

Not to bad looks like its only cosmetic repair. New badges,repaint hood,new bumper,exhaust,wheels and you got a nice gnx. Take a look at the seats and the radiator support! The exhaust is another thing . I guess people do dumb things! There is no record before it was stolen so I would have to say most of the miles were put on it prior to 1991.and stored since! There`s rust on the bottom but that could be from being driven in snow or stored outside in a damp garage. Now the only thing I would make sure is if the engine is in working order and is original with the turbo? Not all gnx were babied. I had a buddy who worked at a gas station pumping gas and a gnx would pull up twice a week! I would make sure to pay in person not to wire any money!

I'm betting it's real. If not someone went an awful lot of trouble duplicating that differential setup.

if i was selling A GNX Stolen recovery i would possibly do the same thing and hide the GNX# for the buyer and my self.
you see GNX##%^ "thats the one that was totaled"
You see Vin##$@% thats the one that was ????????? Who the hell remembers a vin#????
ME as a buyer would feel much better if no one new that my GNX#549 was a stolen recovery as that would be the focus of every conversation at every stinking Buick event.

BTW which one was the GNX that was destroyed and then tagged? i bet you that that # jumped right at you.
BTW Which one was totaled at a racetrack (Hit the wall real hard) what # was that one??
I to would hide the GNX#.
if you are looking for a GNX you have money SO take a plane, train, cab or just go on a long road trip and check it out.

Not defending the guy as i have no clue of who the heck he is but i think i would take a similar approach to selling a (numbered) car.

if i was selling A GNX Stolen recovery i would possibly do the same thing and hide the GNX# for the buyer and my self.
you see GNX##%^ "thats the one that was totaled"
You see Vin##$@% thats the one that was ????????? Who the hell remembers a vin#????
ME as a buyer would feel much better if no one new that my GNX#549 was a stolen recovery as that would be the focus of every conversation at every stinking Buick event.

BTW which one was the GNX that was destroyed and then tagged? i bet you that that # jumped right at you.
BTW Which one was totaled at a racetrack (Hit the wall real hard) what # was that one??
I to would hide the GNX#.
if you are looking for a GNX you have money SO take a plane, train, cab or just go on a long road trip and check it out.

No defending the guy as i have no clue of who the heck he is but i think i would take a similar approach to selling a (numbered) car.

You do make a valid point there.

All you gotta do is some research, people always forget about something. Its that there is a large amount of buick guys with a vast assortment of knowledge here.

that car would probably not be worth restoring to original. but maybe in the future it might. we all might look at this car like the hemi cuda we could have got cheap. imagine if you found a hemi cuda with numbers matching drivetrain that just needed restoring. i just dont know if you could get your money out of it, but if you want a keeper car it might be the ticket.

that car would probably not be worth restoring to original. but maybe in the future it might. we all might look at this car like the hemi cuda we could have got cheap. imagine if you found a hemi cuda with numbers matching drivetrain that just needed restoring. i just dont know if you could get your money out of it, but if you want a keeper car it might be the ticket.

True, like he said if you're looking to make a bunch of money might not be the car for you. BUT, if you're looking to get into your dream car(GNX) to keep for a cheaper intial investment, this might be the ticket.

Not sure if they're connected but, I recall someone on this site posting a craigslist ad about a GNX being stolen apparently the same night that the person purchased the car ( In brooklyn ) #262 RINGS A BELL. The photos that were used in that ad were of someone else's car, not the car that was stole. I know this because it was my car in the photo's! I was told he took them from a for sale ad on the internet. Tags can be easily switched BUYER BEWARE . Is there a police report? Insurance or not, I'm going to the cops! This might be a real GNX but, I would be extremely cautious as I would be purchasing any GNX . Thanks!