Gnx Stolen Oakland Ca.

UPDATE on #381

I would not replace the column, Just have a REPUTABLE dealer or body shop replace
the actuator rod assembly and shift bowls, They are the most common parts broken
when they steal these cars. It’s much easier then replacing the whole column.

Ok thanks I'll pass this on to the owner.

Quick question guys, does the GNX computer have a different calibration on it because it turns out that the thieves had stolen the computer and swapped it with one out of another car. We found out when the check engine light came on and wouldnt shut off. What are his options for replacing the GNX computer?

Also after talking with him he is leaning more and more towards maybe seliing the car as is.......great chance for someone to own a great car at a good price im sure. Question is what should he ask for it? Car is super clean inside, #381 with no rust anywhere and has 17k bone stock original miles. Had 4,500 miles when he bought it some 15 years ago. If you read the thread you obviously know the condition of the car. Probably wont get any pics til he's postitive about selling the car but I just wanted to be able to toss some #'s at him.

I don't think the owner will be very happy with the offers. The title will now show stolen recovery, and with the items that are missing and the paint work that will have to be done. I think I would lean on the ins company to get as much done as possible and just keep it. I would be interested in the car but the price would have to reflect the damage. HTH
Keep me posted if he decides on a number. If the price is right I will take it. I do not need to get financing.

Bryan

I don't think the owner will be very happy with the offers. The title will now show stolen recovery, and with the items that are missing and the paint work that will have to be done. I think I would lean on the ins company to get as much done as possible and just keep it. I would be interested in the car but the price would have to reflect the damage. HTH
Keep me posted if he decides on a number. If the price is right I will take it. I do not need to get financing.

Bryan

Yeah I hear you. Quick question though....would the title still read stolen recovery if no insurance company was involved? I'll be sure to keep you posted if he decides on a #. Still curious to see what you guys think the car is worth in its current condition. Dont worry its not my car so I wont get offended:cool:

Tough call without pics on the pricing. If the ins company does not get involved the owner will lose his a$$ severely!!!! With the original wheels, turbo,shield,ECM,badges missing what he has is a GN with flares and a suspension from a GNX with a possible branded title. This owner is NOT going to be happy with or without the ins company involved. This car will make a GREAT driver with some work but the price will be the catch. As I said I am interested.

Bryan

Tough call without pics on the pricing. If the ins company does not get involved the owner will lose his a$$ severely!!!! With the original wheels, turbo,shield,ECM,badges missing what he has is a GN with flares and a suspension from a GNX with a possible branded title. This owner is NOT going to be happy with or without the ins company involved. This car will make a GREAT driver with some work but the price will be the catch. As I said I am interested.

Bryan

Don't forget the spray on primer paint. My guess would be around $6 to 10000 MAYBE:confused:

pgoffner,I have talked to you before and I believe you are a good guy so I mean no offense at all but.... damn you are not the first guy to speak about knowing of thieves of these and other cars.
I think it's time everyone stops hiding these punks and let it out.:mad: I know you guys may not want to release names etc, just tell others or the proper authorities where they hang out, etc.
BTW there are Task Forces for auto theft. The local PD may not care much but let the ones who's job it is deal with it.
There are a few, here is one
ACRATT - To Contact ACRATT

Again no offense, this touches a nerve as I had a few others contact me regarding my car and that s****hole Oakland and a group of guys that like to hang down there in there stolen rides and parts.

As for the comment about Oakland sliding off into the bay.... fine by me.

If you were to find a REAL set of wheels and nice original tires it would set you back in the $10,000.00 range. I would imagine that Turbo Tweak could pretty much copy the original chip( still not correct) the column can be repaired/replaced. The badges will be tough to find in perfect shape. The dash number irreplaceable unless XRAY has a source. It will still be a NICE driver, I would love to take this on.( My wife may not be too happy:D )

I would just be sick. As I am sure the owner is. A piece of history was just trashed for a joy ride. I would think that the owner would have no choice but to turn it in for the ins money. The title will be branded " salvage " and CarFax/ AutoCheck will show " something ". These clowns need to be sent to that jail in the desert for 20 years. What a shame.

I think I would take the pay-off, buy the car back and sell it for someone to fix. I don't think I could stand to look at it after having kept it so nice for so long. I would get pi$$ed-off every-time I saw it. Time will tell when the ins company decides what they will pay-off. I don't want to offend the owner with an offer without seeing the pics.

Bryan

Bryan

pgoffner,I have talked to you before and I believe you are a good guy so I mean no offense at all but.... damn you are not the first guy to speak about knowing of thieves of these and other cars.
I think it's time everyone stops hiding these punks and let it out.:mad: I know you guys may not want to release names etc, just tell others or the proper authorities where they hang out, etc.
BTW there are Task Forces for auto theft. The local PD may not care much but let the ones who's job it is deal with it.

Again no offense, this touches a nerve as I had a few others contact me regarding my car and that s****hole Oakland and a group of guys that like to hang down there in there stolen rides and parts.

As for the comment about Oakland sliding off into the bay.... fine by me.

Oh trust me when I say I am as pissed as well. The owner is well aware of who I suspect may have something to do with the theft of his car because I am not the only person he has had point him in that direction. As a matter of fact a visit was payed to the suspected theives hangout and lets just say when the visitors left the suspected theives were very uneasy.......they wanted to know "if everything was cool".....and to tell you the truth its not.

My buddy is very "hands on" when it come to things like this and he is choosing to leave the cops out of this. As far as turning anyone in if it were my car I'd definatley do it , I work everyday and I just dont have to time for BS like taking matters into my own hands but in this case the owner of the car does. However I will pass the info along to him just in case he chooses to go another route with this.

If you were to find a REAL set of wheels and nice original tires it would set you back in the $10,000.00 range. I would imagine that Turbo Tweak could pretty much copy the original chip( still not correct) the column can be repaired/replaced. The badges will be tough to find in perfect shape. The dash number irreplaceable unless XRAY has a source. It will still be a NICE driver, I would love to take this on.( My wife may not be too happy:D )

I would just be sick. As I am sure the owner is. A piece of history was just trashed for a joy ride. I would think that the owner would have no choice but to turn it in for the ins money. The title will be branded " salvage " and CarFax/ AutoCheck will show " something ". These clowns need to be sent to that jail in the desert for 20 years. What a shame.

I think I would take the pay-off, buy the car back and sell it for someone to fix. I don't think I could stand to look at it after having kept it so nice for so long. I would get pi$$ed-off every-time I saw it. Time will tell when the ins company decides what they will pay-off. I don't want to offend the owner with an offer without seeing the pics.

Bryan

Bryan

I got you. I'll keep you guys posted, thanks for all the good advice.

Okay, I'm an insurance adjuster so I have some experiece handling hundreds of stolen vehicle claims. You are wrong if you think this title has any chance of having salvage on it. The only way that the title will be put into a salvage title is if the insurance company feels the vehicle will not be recovered and settles the claim based on the actual cash value of the vehicle. Claims that involve cars that were stolen, damaged and recovered and handled just like any other insurance claim. Just as if you backed into someone in the parking lot. There will be no change to the title. The insurance company will pay for the damages less your deductible. He should definately turn it in. There's no chance that the damage done will exceed the value, that's the only way it could get a salvage title at this point since it was recovered.

Try using a clay bar to remove the primer. you can get at an auto store.

autozone or advance about 20 bucks. It works good with over spray.

The owner is well aware of who I suspect may have something to do with the theft of his car because I am not the only person he has had point him in that direction. As a matter of fact a visit was payed to the suspected theives hangout and lets just say when the visitors left the suspected theives were very uneasy.......they wanted to know "if everything was cool".....and to tell you the truth its not.

My buddy is very "hands on" when it come to things like this and he is choosing to leave the cops out of this. As far as turning anyone in if it were my car I'd definatley do it , I work everyday and I just dont have to time for BS like taking matters into my own hands but in this case the owner of the car does. However I will pass the info along to him just in case he chooses to go another route with this.

If he has already confronted them, he could always say, "Look, if I get all of the missing parts back, then I won't say/do anything. If I don't........"
Maybe he can get the parts back. They'll just have to steal them again, from the people they sold them to.

If he has already confronted them, he could always say, "Look, if I get all of the missing parts back, then I won't say/do anything. If I don't........"
Maybe he can get the parts back. They'll just have to steal them again, from the people they sold them to.

In a nutshell thats pretty much what was said......:wink:

Maybe the parts will surface....hopefully for the sake of everyone involved.:frown:

Personally I hope he gets the parts AND takes care of "If I don't." just for good measure.
These type of clowns never had enough fear of God put into them if you ask me.

As for the comment about Oakland sliding off into the bay.... fine by me.[/QUOTE

Man every1 in the bay knows who grabs nationals its no secret, I mean you pass by the shop & there are 5-8 turbo charged regals.
I know I would want some1 to help me get my car back if it got stolen but not put there selves at risk, telling the owner & telling authorities is 2 diff. stories..
When My 5.0 got stolen & I had an Idea who did it.. My insurance took care of me & I took care of the guys that did it.. they kept denying it But I knew they stole my S*&T lets just say.. Boom !!!! Wont be using my parts to go fast :biggrin:

But that's what I'm talking about.... Evreyone knows but nobody says or does anything. It doesn't have to be a case of everyone knowing, just someone and they choose to remain quiet.

Silly example; my idiot neighbor likes to bump his music in his car after midnight while sitting in his driveway causing windows to rattle, etc.

First time, go over politely ask him to turn it down, so he does.
Second time, Tell Him to turn that **** off! Which it cuts out real quick.
Third Time, slightest noise from his radio after 10pm, Call PD they can deal with him.
The neigborhood is much quieter now with only accasional and rare "bumps" in the night.
Point being if you let people continue with out raising opposition they will continue on and get worse. Take a stand. What's the saying ? "It takes a village...."