You can type here any text you want

Gnx suspention with 600 hp plus

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RIFF RAFF

CAN'T MEMBER
I have a newly installed gnx suspention .. And when i launch my car it hops of the ground and slams hard at the bottom .. I know its hitting the stops at the top and the edges of the brackets .so my question is .has anyone else had this issue & what shocks are you running to clear this up .. My car is around 600 hp & i know i wont be able to stop the hop but i should be able to get her out of the hole a little smoother .. Any input would be welcomed .. Thank's

Put some squirells in the trunk! :biggrin:

I hope you are able to get it sorted out, Oilman.

P.S. I saw the pictures of that set up, MAN that's cool!

do you have air bags?

Bryan
no air bags .. It has center risers to hold the springs in place so when the car rises it doesnt dump the springs on the ground . So i would have to modify the set up to make bags work .. I am running bilstiens but they hit really hard .. I need something with a little more rebound & resistance .. Im thinking some coil overs .. But it might make it ugly ..

put some squirells in the trunk! :biggrin:

I hope you are able to get it sorted out, oilman.

P.s. I saw the pictures of that set up, man that's cool!
will be at my home in scottsdale this winter .. We can get together & you can see it first hand . Then i will scare the chit out of you when i take you for a ride .. Seat belts will be needed so your head doesnt bounce of the headliner .. The squirell is in the driver's seat ..

I'm looking forward to meeting you, an' I ain't a'scurred!

We have a weekend of cool weather, finally!

I'm doing the "Cruise on Central" this afternoon and then going to Speedworld tonight to put the first passes on this new stroker motor.

We shall see what happens.......

I'm looking forward to meeting you, an' I ain't a'scurred!

We have a weekend of cool weather, finally!

I'm doing the "Cruise on Central" this afternoon and then going to Speedworld tonight to put the first passes on this new stroker motor.

We shall see what happens.......
is mr lucky's still open ? i went to alot of great drunken car shows there in the past .. how about the alaskin bush company they still around ? .. bring your own beer tt bar .. people still cruise grand ave ?

All three are things of the past......

ABC is still open, but now has a bar and a shooting or three every year..

Mr. Lucky's (once owned by Waylon Jennings) is now a "Hispanic" venue, or it was the last time I passed by. It might be shuttered by now.

There are two "Cruise on Central" events a year, Oct. and March, other than that, cruising has been dead for a long time around here.

But there are several impromtu car show and shines all over town. You should take your car to the Pavillions in Scottsdale on any given Saturday night. It's a free cruise-in show so you gotta get there by 6 or it tough to find a spot to park.

I don't know if you remember, but there used to be car shows out in front of Denim & Diamonds in Phoenix in the early 90's. I was a manager at that bar back then and had an '86 GN.

All three are things of the past......

ABC is still open, but now has a bar.

Mr. Lucky's (once owned by Waylon Jennings) is now a "Hispanic" venue, or it was the last time I passed by. It might be shuttered by now.

There are two "Cruise on Central" events a year, Oct. and March, other than that, cruising has been dead for a long time around here.

But there are several impromtu car show and shines all over town. You should take your car to the Pavillions in Scottsdale on any given Saturday night. It's a free cruise-in show so you gotta get there by 6 or it tough to find a spot to park.

I don't know if you remember, but there used to be car shows out in front of Denim & Diamonds in Phoenix in the early 90's. I was a manager at that bar back then and had an '86 GN.
all good things come to an end .. ive been to the pavillions many times its less the two miles to my home from there .. abc was the place when i was at asu .. most of the girls i went to school with worked there .. & D&D BEEN THERE DONE THAT ALSO ..when i hit town in december ill pm you and let you know & you can come over to the house and see what else im hiding .. you will be shocked .. when i was at asu i drove a brand new 87 turbo t .. i still have it with just over 22 thousand on her .. have you ever been to an oil pro lube &wash .. i was the owner for years i started that company while i was still in college with all my pimpin money .. dont know if there even around anymore .. i heard the current owner was in troble or going under but that was two years ago ..

I'm pretty certain the AZ stores were sold to Jiffy Lube, if I'm thinking correctly, wasn't there one on Priest just south of Elliot ?

I work at Scottsdale and the 101 so I must be close to where your house is.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

no air bags .. It has center risers to hold the springs in place so when the car rises it doesnt dump the springs on the ground . So i would have to modify the set up to make bags work .. I am running bilstiens but they hit really hard .. I need something with a little more rebound & resistance .. Im thinking some coil overs .. But it might make it ugly ..

If you still have the front sway bar in place try removing it to get a little better weight transfer. Different shocks will help as well.

Bryan

Make a video of it so it's more apparent what's going on. I have an idea but I want to see the issue so I can help you better.

I'm pretty certain the AZ stores were sold to Jiffy Lube, if I'm thinking correctly, wasn't there one on Priest just south of Elliot ?

I work at Scottsdale and the 101 so I must be close to where your house is.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
i started the company on thomas near second .. then opened one in chandler then mesa in front of the 4x4 off road center accross from the trailer park .when i sold out it was just the three i started . but i did hear that donald leon grew the company to over 30 stores before it got into debt and went down .. my company now is called instant lube .. i took that from the old instant tune that i owned at country club & main in mesa .. i still own that building on a triple net rented out to a guy that sells lawn fixtures .. same corner as the travel lodge and the brake shop accross from heros samiches

If you still have the front sway bar in place try removing it to get a little better weight transfer. Different shocks will help as well.

Bryan
front sway bar is long gone .. im gonna toss a set of coil overs on her and see how she reacts to it sunday for some et bracket racing at oc ..

Make a video of it so it's more apparent what's going on. I have an idea but I want to see the issue so I can help you better.
i will do that in the am when i get to the track .. but im sticking a set of coil overs on it today so i might have it fixed .. we will see .. the way it is .. the car is really brutal when she launches . and a pain in my back when it lands . but sticks to the center of my lane so at least it's strait .looking at the gaurdrail after a launch is just not fun anymore ..

i will do that in the am when i get to the track .. but im sticking a set of coil overs on it today so i might have it fixed .. we will see .. the way it is .. the car is really brutal when she launches . and a pain in my back when it lands . but sticks to the center of my lane so at least it's strait .looking at the gaurdrail after a launch is just not fun anymore ..

I don't think the coilovers will solve the issue but get thm on and then get a vid. If you, get it from the side and back it will give a better idea of what's really goin on.

I have put down 1000 plus to the tries with my GNX susp have strange double adjustable shocks on mine

I am planning on installing the GNX rear suspension. Would there be any suspension problems with a 375 hp GN?

Not unless your holding 12psi on the line with an e-brake launch . I think you'll be alright .. I went with adjustable shocks and cured my issue .. So much smoother now im going to try 15psi .. And try not to blow up the tires .. But it does stick pretty good with slicks .. Its putting down some good power with out issue now .just a little hop

Tell me more about an e brake launch. Is it dangerous? Does the drag strip officials have a problem with it? Does it kill your reaction time?

Back