You can type here any text you want

GNX underside pics wanted.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LC2 ROD

The original LC2 ROD
Hello, im sure there are some pics here somewhere, but I cant find any in a search.
I am looking for some detailed pics of the complete underside of a original GNX.
Trying to do some detailing on a GNX I am putting together.
Thank you.

gnx undercarriage pictures not a gnXtra

here you go:

gnx281oemtires.jpg

gnxundercarriage.jpg

010_10.jpg

001_1.jpg

Here are a few pictures

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 554
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 547
  • 12121.jpg
    12121.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 554
GNX pics.

DJ Red Barron, thanks for the link.

WeSS, thanks for the pics, how many miles are on that car?

TurboRegal84, thanks for the pics also. What is the mileage? Is that a redo, original or a touch up?

If anybody has pics of one up on a hoist would be great. Thank you.

The car has about 38,000 miles on it. I have spent alot of time cleaning under there painting everything black that should be black and really detailing it. If you notice all of the GNX suspension bolts still have some of the white markings on them that they had when the car was new. Those pictures were taken with alot of flash. Here is a picture that was taken at Kirbans:

Attachments

• IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 526
TurboRegal84 - Did you take parts off the car and paint them or paint them while still on the car? Did you use spray paint or other type of paint? Thanks.

gnx

WeSS, thanks for the pics, how many miles are on that car?

When I sold the car as a broker this picture was the exact mileage on it. The buyer was a collector and swore he was not going to drive it. That car was untouched. 22 years old nothing on the undercarriage was removed, painted, etc.

004_4.jpg

TurboRegal84 - Did you take parts off the car and paint them or paint them while still on the car? Did you use spray paint or other type of paint? Thanks.

I was really fortinate with my car as it originally was from California and with the weather out there it was well preserved. Most of the parts I was able to take off...clean and wax back to a nice shine. If anything was painted I took close attention to match the color to make it factory correct.

Not much was painted. For the floors I used some good cleaner and treated them just like the paint on the car. Used a pre-wax cleaner and then ended with just waxing them.

The rear end cover was seeping a little so to get to it to the gasket you must remove both bars in front of it. While they were off I did the same thing as the floors....cleaned and waxed. The rear end cover I soaked in some degreaser and gave it a good cleaning with a tooth brush..did not want to paint it or mess with the finish. Aluminum drums were cleaned in the same fashion as the rear end cover.

The axle tubes I cleaned and painted on the car with POR-15 and then a top-coat of Chassis Black. The Swaybar was removed and all hardware was cleaned. Painted the Sway bar with POR-15 and then a topcoat of Chassis Black.

For the exhaust system I was almost ready to pull it off and have it beadblasted but I found that using some aluminum polish on the car it came up really nice. The clamps that were a little rusty were cleaned and painted silver.

I have shifted attention to the front of the car and below is a picture of the where the air dams screw into the radiator support and meet with the intercooler scoop. The radiator support can be cleaned up and waxed to look nice and black and some good scrubbing on the intercooler shroud/scoop leaves it looking nice.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 487
I was really fortinate with my car as it originally was from California and with the weather out there it was well preserved. Most of the parts I was able to take off...clean and wax back to a nice shine. If anything was painted I took close attention to match the color to make it factory correct.

Not much was painted. For the floors I used some good cleaner and treated them just like the paint on the car. Used a pre-wax cleaner and then ended with just waxing them.

The rear end cover was seeping a little so to get to it to the gasket you must remove both bars in front of it. While they were off I did the same thing as the floors....cleaned and waxed. The rear end cover I soaked in some degreaser and gave it a good cleaning with a tooth brush..did not want to paint it or mess with the finish. Aluminum drums were cleaned in the same fashion as the rear end cover.

The axle tubes I cleaned and painted on the car with POR-15 and then a top-coat of Chassis Black. The Swaybar was removed and all hardware was cleaned. Painted the Sway bar with POR-15 and then a topcoat of Chassis Black.

For the exhaust system I was almost ready to pull it off and have it beadblasted but I found that using some aluminum polish on the car it came up really nice. The clamps that were a little rusty were cleaned and painted silver.

I have shifted attention to the front of the car and below is a picture of the where the air dams screw into the radiator support and meet with the intercooler scoop. The radiator support can be cleaned up and waxed to look nice and black and some good scrubbing on the intercooler shroud/scoop leaves it looking nice.

Good job and thanks for the info. I am planning to clean up the underside of my GN this summer.

Thanks for the pics and the info, it will help me out.
I would still like to see pics of one up on a hoist if anybody has some.
Thank you.

Here is a picture of Lous GNX #176.

The exhaust system is not correct but it is a nice example. Still has the factory markings on the driveshaft and bottom of the rear housing. Keep in mind some cars come with black tanks and others silver...there was a discussion on here not to long ago about tanks.

Attachments

• Exhaust1.jpg
    Exhaust1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 433
  • Exhaust2.jpg
    Exhaust2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 446

I have since sand blasted the drive shaft, cross frame & painted them. Original be damned I hate rust.Seen my share of it growing up in Buffalo.

Thanks for all the pics. Can you get factory rust in a aerosol?

Back