GNX wheels, real deal vs knock offs

They are not real GNX wheels...the rims pictured have dimples on the spokes near the outer ring and real GNX rims do not.

The wheels you have are GTA wheels.

GNX rims and GTA (Pontiac Trans Am GTA) rims share a similar look. Both are 16" rims. The GTA rims came in several styles (dimpled and non dimpled) and colors depending on year and color of the TA. The GNX rims were GNX specific with an offset only for the GNX. They are RARE and EXPENSIVE. No one to my knowlege makes repops. The GTA rim on the other hand is repoped and remanufactured. I think a set is about $800. The offset of the GTA rim is not perfect for the G bodys. The front GTA rims have a better offset and many use 4 fronts. A set of fronts and backs can be used with a spacer on the back. Kirban sells the spacer. GTA rims are popular to give a GN a GNX look but since 16" tires are now not too popular people are using other rims.
There is a thread somewhere here that has picture and specifications of the GNX rims vs the GTA. There are many other threads about the GTA rims and how to refinish them which yours need. Do a search.:wink:

Ok so basically run fronts on rear and rear on front with3/8ths spacer.

Most run 4 fronts b/c of the wider lip on the fronts look better. You need a 1" spacer to run the TTA rears on the rear.

Ok so basically run fronts on rear and rear on front with3/8ths spacer.

Yup, that will work. The front ones will definitely look funny though with the shallow lip. Maybe try to find two more fronts. Good Luck. If you have any questions on refinishing them just ask, I recently did a set of four GTA fronts for my car.

GNX rims and GTA (Pontiac Trans Am GTA) rims share a similar look. Both are 16" rims. The GTA rims came in several styles (dimpled and non dimpled) and colors depending on year and color of the TA. The GNX rims were GNX specific with an offset only for the GNX. They are RARE and EXPENSIVE. No one to my knowlege makes repops. The GTA rim on the other hand is repoped and remanufactured. I think a set is about $800. The offset of the GTA rim is not perfect for the G bodys. The front GTA rims have a better offset and many use 4 fronts. A set of fronts and backs can be used with a spacer on the back. Kirban sells the spacer. GTA rims are popular to give a GN a GNX look but since 16" tires are now not too popular people are using other rims.
There is a thread somewhere here that has picture and specifications of the GNX rims vs the GTA. There are many other threads about the GTA rims and how to refinish them which yours need. Do a search.:wink:
didnt real gta wheels come only in 1 color gold

Black, gold, white and grey if I remember right. I believe the lace rims also came in 15 and 16" sizes too...

i have owned 2 gta,s all came with gold crosslace rims ....every factory gta i have seen have been gold no matter what color the car was (red -black-white -ect) now they did make the crosslace as a option for trans am with different color just not gold .....any gta with different color crosslace was after market or taken off a standard trans am

Trans Am, GTA well I guess if you want to split hairs...
The OP was asking about GNX rims which are different animals than the 16" lace rims that came on "Pontiacs". GNX rims are rare, the lace ones can be had from any rim restoration site or you can find them on craigslist/ebay any day of the week. 99% of the lace rims on GNs and Ts that we see are NOT GNX rims.

Pronto is correct. The GTA rims were available in different colours. Yes gold seemed to be the industry standard, but white, black and grey were produced and sold on TA's and GTA's in those years. In my opinion anyone looking to run a set on their G body is better served to purchase a set from Classic Industries or similiar comapany as they list starting at 199.99. Finding a clean GTA set is next to impossible, and you are still stuck with the front/back problem. Not to mention the high cost of refinishing. Classic Industries sells a zero offset which is the best option for our cars.