You can type here any text you want

GNX Xtravaganza 2010

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
What Turbo Buick related event would be complete without having something special for the GNX. We are calling this portion of the event "Xtravaganza". I am in conversation with Rick Hunt (X RAY) about putting together something great for everyone about the X. We are needing some X's in attendance for this event. I know of at least 3 GNX's so far that will be in attendance for this event (033, 110, and 405) for starters. Will will have more information to come and I look forward to working with Rick to make this something special for everyone who plans on attending the 2010 Turbobuick.com Nationals!!
Clint
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2010-turbobuick-com-nationals/303135-x-travaganza.html

I would also like to invite ALL of you to the 2010 TURBOBUICK.COM NATIONALS in Burlington NC March 15th – 20th. I am very pleased to be asked by Clint to participate in this wonderful event and on Tuesday we will be having the GNX Xtravaganza car show. I am working on some vary special gifts for the participants. I will let you know more at a later date when it all gets finalized but I will be giving ALL the GNX participants a set of lock pillar reinforcements for starters. I personally have already been making plans to come to the event; I purchased a trailer for bringing my car, now all I need is a truck:biggrin:. I have already been challenged in a grudge race with Scot W in his X Ray clone.:eek: (That will be a Kodak moment). I am looking forward to getting together with the people that own a great piece of history and something that I had a small hand working on. This event will be something to remember Best Regards Rick

Rick,

Maybe GNS Performance can donate some ASC / GNX tags for you to give away. ;)

There is a catch to our Grudge race! You have to enter in the TSR (Turbo Street Radial) class for a chance to win $500 from GNS! You In? :biggrin:

TSR details are listed here on the site.

Looking forward to this event.

SW.

Clint
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2010-turbobuick-com-nationals/303135-x-travaganza.html

I would also like to invite ALL of you to the 2010 TURBOBUICK.COM NATIONALS in Burlington NC March 15th – 20th. I am very pleased to be asked by Clint to participate in this wonderful event and on Tuesday we will be having the GNX Xtravaganza car show. I am working on some vary special gifts for the participants. I will let you know more at a later date when it all gets finalized but I will be giving ALL the GNX participants a set of lock pillar reinforcements for starters. I personally have already been making plans to come to the event; I purchased a trailer for bringing my car, now all I need is a truck:biggrin:. I have already been challenged in a grudge race with Scot W in his X Ray clone.:eek: (That will be a Kodak moment). I am looking forward to getting together with the people that own a great piece of history and something that I had a small hand working on. This event will be something to remember Best Regards Rick

Clint,
Rick,

There's likely going to be more than just those in attendance :D. I will contact the folks in the Registry who aren't yet part of the boards here and PM you with any developments as they occur. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great event already!

As long as our government doesn't name an "Excess Vehicle Travel Limitation Czar" between now and the event, turnout should be fantastic for all TR's. :wink:

Very cool! I am going to do my best to come to the Nationals this year (job dependant). :cool:

Thanks for your help Doug.

Update and Help

OK it has been approved….ALL the GNX participants in the show will receive a FREE lithograph commemorating this great automobile. I have attached a link to the website of the local artist that will be making us a 13 x 19 picture on an 18 x 24 mat.:biggrin:
As you will see by reviewing his work it is going to be awesome……I DO NEED SOME help though. I need some good quality pictures of an ALL stock vehicle in the ¾ view as seen on his web site. Yes, your vehicle can be used as the model for this drawing. Other shots I need are a close up of the turbo cover showing some of the intercooler clamps and an overhead shot of the engine compartment.
When you go to the site we will be making something similar to the Fat Rat Untitled Document
Please email me your pictures at rickh231@hotmail.com this will insure I get the highest quality pictures to send to the artist.
PS- Thanks for you help…..best regards Rick

Looking forward to seeing the lithograph! Thanks for making this happen.

I'm sending you a PM on some possible photos.

I'm really going to try and make it . I got the truck I need to get my hands on an enclosed trailer and if every thing else works out I'll be there. Thanks

I need some good quality pictures of an ALL stock vehicle in the ¾ view as seen on his web site. Other shots I need are a close up of the turbo cover showing some of the intercooler clamps and an overhead shot of the engine compartment.
When you go to the site we will be making something similar to the Fat Rat Untitled Document

Rick,

In addition to the emails that I sent you, I also have the following shots.

-john

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC_0065c.jpg
    DSC_0065c.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 625
OK guys the Lithograph drawing is COMPLETE and will be unveiled in March for the TB.com nats. I can tell you it looks absolutely UNBELIEVEABLE!!! They will be a limited print that will be numbered and I would like to give a special thanks to Rick Hunt (GNXray) for making this a reality. Anyone bringing an X to show in March will receive one for FREE!! There will be a few given away as door prizes. I can tell you that I haven't seen anything like this before and it is 1st class.

One more thing, the picture for the lithograph will be a car that will also be there in March and this person has no idea. The car # used for this picture will also remain a mystery until March ;)

I personally would like to thank everyone for sending me your pictures for the lithograph.....:biggrin: as mentioned the litho will be unveiled at the event....thanks again and I hope to see everyone there...:)

I personally would like to thank everyone for sending me your pictures for the lithograph.....:biggrin: as mentioned the litho will be unveiled at the event....thanks again and I hope to see everyone there...:)

You are welcome Rick. Thank you for all your prep work.

I'm looking forward to the March meet!

Back