GNX's at Barrett-Jackson

twinvipers

My GN was just accepted to Barrett-Jackson in Florida in March. I asked the guy if he had any GNX's registered and he said he had one for sure and maybe a second coming.

I think the right car should break the bank at that auction. If the one at the Kruse aution did 72k, I think one will do a ton more at Barrett.

I like the 95 Comp T/A. That's a sweet ride that you definitely won't have to worry about another pulling up beside you at the light. Great collection.

twinvipers said:
My GN was just accepted to Barrett-Jackson in Florida in March. I asked the guy if he had any GNX's registered and he said he had one for sure and maybe a second coming.

Post up the lot number when you get a chance. I'll be there most of the weekend, so I'll look for the auction.

I thought you were thinking of consigning the TTA?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I own a small car dealership here in NY. Actually selling it and moving to NC. in 8 weeks. I'll go back to wholesaling there.

I couldn't part with the TT/A the day of the sale. Had 30K offered and still could not let it go. It is the newest car I own.

I think the lot number is 30.1
Not happy it's one of the first cars, but they don't give you a choice.

I saw on 15K mile 87 GN cross the auction blocks at Scottsdale (Barrett-Jackson) and sell for, if I remember right, 32K plus the 8% commision on the second day. I would think any GNX would really take off. :biggrin:

- Dave

ummm isn't it 8% for the buyer AND 8% for the seller :rolleyes: :eek: should bring BIG $$$ :biggrin:

twinvipers said:
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I own a small car dealership here in NY. Actually selling it and moving to NC. in 8 weeks. I'll go back to wholesaling there.

I couldn't part with the TT/A the day of the sale. Had 30K offered and still could not let it go. It is the newest car I own.

I think the lot number is 30.1
Not happy it's one of the first cars, but they don't give you a choice.

I know what you mean. I am waiting on lot number for my Mach, I am hoping it will be a Saturday listing. Good possibility it will be seeing it is a Big Block, but who knows how many high value cars will be out there.

Don't forget the GN that sold for the 31K on Scottsdale was a wednesday or thursday.

I hope you get those kind of numbers. Don't forget your entry fee is also $1000 less for Thursday. They do have a racket, but they are the best.

Grumpy said:
ummm isn't it 8% for the buyer AND 8% for the seller :rolleyes: :eek: should bring BIG $$$ :biggrin:

Lets not forget the entry fee as well, $500-$1500 depending on time and day of sale.

70Mach1 said:
I know what you mean. I am waiting on lot number for my Mach, I am hoping it will be a Saturday listing. Good possibility it will be seeing it is a Big Block, but who knows how many high value cars will be out there.

Don't forget the GN that sold for the 31K on Scottsdale was a wednesday or thursday.

I hope you get those kind of numbers. Don't forget your entry fee is also $1000 less for Thursday. They do have a racket, but they are the best.

Why you selling the Mach ? Beautiful car...

twinvipers said:
Why you selling the Mach ? Beautiful car...

Honestly, bored with it. I bought it back in 2001, rarely drive it. Truthfully, I enjoy driving my 96 Mytsic Cobra more. I can go into the garage, and reconnect the battery and it starts right up, even after 6 months. Fuel injection and computers are a wonderful thing.

The Mach is always an adventure, which does have a lot to do with me. Sometimes I get so darn busy, I don't have time to even start it and cruise the neighborhood, and these cars need regular exercise, especially the big blocks.

Pretty much anything I buy, I only keep for a couple of years always with an eye to future. Thats why I just bought a real low mileage GN, nowhere to go but up.

e
70Mach1 said:
Honestly, bored with it. I bought it back in 2001, rarely drive it. Truthfully, I enjoy driving my 96 Mytsic Cobra more. I can go into the garage, and reconnect the battery and it starts right up, even after 6 months. Fuel injection and computers are a wonderful thing.

The Mach is always an adventure, which does have a lot to do with me. Sometimes I get so darn busy, I don't have time to even start it and cruise the neighborhood, and these cars need regular exercise, especially the big blocks.

Pretty much anything I buy, I only keep for a couple of years always with an eye to future. Thats why I just bought a real low mileage GN, nowhere to go but up.

I have a 4,506 GN with papers org paint, GOD it's getting hard to hold onto it the way the market is going. I nevr bought it for that. Just realied in 97' that at 2,100 it was low/ and stock......

RobV6 said:
e

I have a 4,506 GN with papers org paint, GOD it's getting hard to hold onto it the way the market is going. I nevr bought it for that. Just realied in 97' that at 2,100 it was low/ and stock......

Very cool. The one I bought has 6800 miles. Just waiting on the final inspection report. I hope it is all it is cracked up to be. They are tough to get with low miles and unmolested, of course unless twinvipers wants to sell me one of his.

funny how you change after a few years :eek: I haven't seen my 66 Shelby for years BUT I would pay the bucks to go threw BJ :p

oh I had a 70 Mach 1 CJ .. bought new in 69 on Oct 31st .. never forget that day .. ahh to be young and foolish again :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
B-J is the class of all auction companies. I guess the 16% they make on every car they sell is well deserved--oh and the deal with SPEED probably isn't too shabby either. ;)

lonestar50th said:
B-J is the class of all auction companies. I guess the 16% they make on every car they sell is well deserved--oh and the deal with SPEED probably isn't too shabby either. ;)

I guess this will be a good test :biggrin: BUT say on a $500k car ..thats a beating !!! :eek:

Grumpy said:
I guess this will be a good test :biggrin: BUT say on a $500k car ..thats a beating !!! :eek:

True, but Barrett does a great job in getting the people out who will spend that kind of money. Most of the other auctions pale in comparison to what B-J does. And they all get a healthy percentage of the sale.

You have to figure, you could put it on EBAY or sell privately through one of the rags, but then you are dealing with hundreds of e-mails, most of them BS. Then if you are lucky enough to get your reserve, you sweat bullets for however long it takes to get the cash in hand. It is amazing how many people bid without havinge the funds or financing in place. Atr Barrett, that is a non issue.

The negative with the Palm Beach auction, all cars are on the block at no reserve.

hey twin vipers lot of ur cars are my fave. if u dont mind where in ny r u. goodluck at barret i will be watching