GNX's at Barrett-Jackson

70Mach1 said:
twin, better watch it, that nicole person is trying to buy up every low mileage GN and GNX on ebay. Can you believe $33,500? Lets see, in the past three weeks, he bought a 4,000 mile GN for $31,500, a GNX for $77,100 and now this one he overbid you by a good amount. Do you know who he is?

PS, I thought you were trying to lighten the load for the move?

Either this nicole person has recently won the lottery or he/she will/should have a lot of negative feedback on E-Bay soon. Do a search on this bidder and include completed items. A lot of money spent recently with just a 1 for feedback.

PS, I thought you were trying to lighten the load for the move?[/QUOTE]

I just can't help myself. Picking up 3 more additions to the family this week :rolleyes:

I just can't help myself. Picking up 3 more additions to the family this week :rolleyes:

Hate to see the transport bill to Raleigh. I am thinking your going to need two trucks just for your cars. Hope you have a BIG garage to house 'em all.

Any hints what the new babies are going to be?

70Mach1 said:
Hate to see the transport bill to Raleigh. I am thinking your going to need two trucks just for your cars. Hope you have a BIG garage to house 'em all.

Any hints what the new babies are going to be?

Not looking forward to that bill :frown:

I guess I miss the TT/A and GN, so it looks like I'm buying 2 new ones(I'll give more details when they get here). Also, a 200 mile(never even dealer prepped) 25th anniversary convertible T/A(leaving in a few minutes to go pick up).

What are you going to spend that BIG B-J check on ? Did you get yours yet ?

twinvipers said:
What are you going to spend that BIG B-J check on ? Did you get yours yet ?

Haven't gotten the check yet. Not expecting it for another couple of weeks. Not sure what I will do next. Probably stay with a Ford. Possibly a Shelby GT350 or Boss 302. Problem is they are commanding such a high price. Would love to get my hands on one of those ARI or Twister Special cars.

the problem with BJ

First off let me say congrats to everybody getting big dollar for their cars.Nowthe problem i see with barret jackson is this. B.J. sets a bad presedence with the sell of their cars now everybody that watches BJ on speedvision that has any kind of car from A Buick GN to a 69 camaro thinks that their car is BJ quality. BJ is driving up the cost of cars that us poor people would like to BUy. Why everybody thinks they have a BJ quality ride. it could be a rust bucket that has been sitting in the field for years but because it is a x11 code camaro they want major dollars. just my opinion though. wolf

watevrpal said:
First off let me say congrats to everybody getting big dollar for their cars.Nowthe problem i see with barret jackson is this. B.J. sets a bad presedence with the sell of their cars now everybody that watches BJ on speedvision that has any kind of car from A Buick GN to a 69 camaro thinks that their car is BJ quality. BJ is driving up the cost of cars that us poor people would like to BUy. Why everybody thinks they have a BJ quality ride. it could be a rust bucket that has been sitting in the field for years but because it is a x11 code camaro they want major dollars. just my opinion though. wolf

Wolf, in many ways you are correct, but the thing is, it is just not B-J. They are the obvious one, since they get all that exposure, but there are so darn many auctions now. Look at the upcoming Mecum auctions, the Kruse auctions and now even Boyd Coddington is sponsoring an auction.

Although much of what you say is accurate, you got a feeling after B-J that the buying spree for just about anything old is over with. Yes, some cars did well, but many and I mean many people walked away very dissapointed. The buyer is becoming a little more conservative when it comes to something other than what is special. Hard work pays off, and if your car looks like a million bucks, it will do much better than the barn car.

70 mach1,
I do think that there are certain cars out there worth that kind of money and i would also like to get as much money out there for any car or anything that i would like to sell. however i agree with you when you say that there are more auction sites to blame other than BJ. and quite frankly i also think that the muscle era cars are becoming the in thing for people who are rich or well off to buy. just like the grand cherokee laredo first came out around 7-8 years ago. it was a status thing. that also is running up the prices of our beloved cars. But the bottom line is there really is nothing we can do about it and we have to live with. i just hope it dosent raise the prices up too far before i buy. laters wolf