You can type here any text you want

Good beginner mods and whats recommended?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Im building the motor for my S10 and want to know some easy ways to gain more power out of it since I know Imma get messed with so any help would be nice on how to make some horsepower and also what about these alky/meth injection setups I been hearing about can anyone help me out with this?

Im building the motor for my S10 and want to know some easy ways to gain more power out of it since I know Imma get messed with so any help would be nice on how to make some horsepower and also what about these alky/meth injection setups I been hearing about can anyone help me out with this?

an s-10 with what kinda motor? I don't think a NA engine is going to benefit from alky too much

well I dont wanna miss read someone else's stuff and the S10 has a 86 Grand National 3.8 swap going into it that was robbed rom one that was wrecked..

It is not hard to make 400-500HP from a stock 86-87 GN engine with only bolt on items. That is plenty of HP to move an S-10 quite smartly down the road. You don't need a cam, aftermarket headers or ported heads to reach this level of HP. Your engine can be reliable at this level if tuned properly.

Tuning is the key to making power with these little engines. If you can learn to tune the engine, and give it what it needs, you can make lots of power and not break stuff.

Bolt ons to consider: Larger turbo and larger downpipe, large cold air inlet system, larger injectors/better fuel pump, Chips and/or Engine management system. Alcohol injection, better intercooler.

These turbo engines respond very well when your remove the restrictions on the air inlet system and the exhaust.

Dave

It is not hard to make 400-500HP from a stock 86-87 GN engine with only bolt on items. That is plenty of HP to move an S-10 quite smartly down the road. You don't need a cam, aftermarket headers or ported heads to reach this level of HP. Your engine can be reliable at this level if tuned properly.

Tuning is the key to making power with these little engines. If you can learn to tune the engine, and give it what it needs, you can make lots of power and not break stuff.

Bolt ons to consider: Larger turbo and larger downpipe, large cold air inlet system, larger injectors/better fuel pump, Chips and/or Engine management system. Alcohol injection, better intercooler.

These turbo engines respond very well when your remove the restrictions on the air inlet system and the exhaust.

Dave

You are 100% right Dave. Please do some reading and ask lots of questions.

Back