You can type here any text you want

Good deal on Nitto NT555R Drag Radial JEGS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

I decided to order a new set of Nitto's yesterday and sell my Mickey Thompson 28x12x15 SR's.

Main reason is the Nitto's are supposed to measure 11.10" section width and the MT's measure 12"

The tire is 1/4 inch shorter so I'm hoping with my 10" GN rims that will give me the clearance I need to run without air in the bags. Plus they should hook better on the street.

Free shipping, my total was $339.96

http://www.jegs.com/p/Nitto/Nitto-NT555R-Extreme-Drag-Radial/752295/10002/-1

I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I'm taking a chance that they measure what they say. I called 3 Nitto tire dealers and none of them carried the tire in stock just special order but one of the shops said they measure what they are supposed to. If they're smaller that's fine too just don't want them any bigger.

I have a nice set of 275/50/15 Nitto's that came on the car but they measure 25" tall so I went to 28" tire to help the car MPH better. That's why I chose the Mickey SR/s but as you remember they don't hook and they were just a tad to big. Some of that was probably the track that day but the Nitto's should be better. If I rolled the fender lip the Mickey's would work just don't want to do that. They are a great street tire and great at highway speed which is where I spend a lot of time but just hate running air in the bags to keep from rubbing. I want the car to sit more level. I'll have the tires tomorrow so I'll report back this weekend.

I'm taking a chance that they measure what they say. I called 3 Nitto tire dealers and none of them carried the tire in stock just special order but one of the shops said they measure what they are supposed to. If they're smaller that's fine too just don't want them any bigger.

I have a nice set of 275/50/15 Nitto's that came on the car but they measure 25" tall so I went to 28" tire to help the car MPH better. That's why I chose the Mickey SR/s but as you remember they don't hook and they were just a tad to big. Some of that was probably the track that day but the Nitto's should be better. If I rolled the fender lip the Mickey's would work just don't want to do that. They are a great street tire and great at highway speed which is where I spend a lot of time but just hate running air in the bags to keep from rubbing. I want the car to sit more level. I'll have the tires tomorrow so I'll report back this weekend.

Sweet! I'm heading to Byron Sunday to run with the Buick brothers if you are interested in joining.

I'd love to but I have a ton of work to do around here so I better keep at it. Hope all goes well and shoot some video while you're there.

How did the 275/50 fit? I got the 275/60 from eBay but really wanted to go with the 50.. With the 60 I had to trim the fenders. Btw eBay has them for 306 shipped I believe fwiw...

Thanks for the ebay link! Where were you yesterday? LOL

Here is a pic of the 275/50's They fit fine and didn't rub anywhere. I'll be selling mine if the new tires don't work out.

Thanks for the ebay link! Where were you yesterday? LOL

Here is a pic of the 275/50's They fit fine and didn't rub anywhere. I'll be selling mine if the new tires don't work out.

Sorry about that lol! Man it really looks good with the 50's... Just what I wanted. The 60's don't look bad but just a little to much side wall for my liking, but they are on already so it will have to wait.

I've run the Nitto 555 275/50/15's forever on mine, never had a problem
Do_O

how is this a good deal when they are 306 on ebay w/ free ship from discount tire ???

they are ok on street as they dont wear as fast and have some grip in wet
the MT DRs wear out quick and forget them in the wet
as for the nitto working at the track ...maybe with 200-300hp they are ok but with any real HP no way they are even close to a MT DR

how is this a good deal when they are 306 on ebay w/ free ship from discount tire ???

they are ok on street as they dont wear as fast and have some grip in wet
the MT DRs wear out quick and forget them in the wet
as for the nitto working at the track ...maybe with 200-300hp they are ok but with any real HP no way they are even close to a MT DR

I checked a few places other than eBay and jegs was the cheapest. I usually buy through summit. Now had I checked eBay which I didn't I would of had an eBay link instead of jegs or if I had already bought from jegs and found the eBay price I wouldn't of posted anything. Therefore non of you would have known not to buy from jegs and go to eBay. Good thing I screwed up and unknowingly posted it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The Nitto's just got here so I went back and compared the 275/50's against the 275/60's

The 275/50's are exactly the same width as my Mickey Thompson 28x12's that are on the car now.

I wanted something that was an inch narrower to clear the quarter panel without air in the bags. Based on my calculations this should do it.

Here is a picture of the 275/50 nitto's and the 275/60 nitto's

I got the Nitto's on and I didn't gain as much as I hoped but I'm 1.5" narrower at the top of the tire so I'll have a lot more room for suspension travel.

I wish I had a 15x9 instead of 15x10 rim. I talked to someone last fall and they said they would build me one but I lost the email and can't remember who it was?

Here's a couple pics with no air in the bags. There's no motor in the car right now but I think if I just keep a little air in the bags just enough to not raise the car any I'll be fine. I'm trying to run a 27"+ rear tire and keep the car as level as possible.

Yeah I figured I would but I wasn't really concerned as much about traction on the street as I was about getting the stance and look I wanted. These are probably about the best you can do for street use and get some miles out of them. My other tires where just too big and these seem to be a happy medium. Won't really know for sure until I get the motor back in and drive it but I think it will work out.

Hopefully I'll be meeting up with you mid summer for some 1/4 mile fun!

I was talking with Husek today and he is deciding what cam he wants in the motor and based on his advice I'm going with a different turbo. TE45A which should make this old sled move pretty good from what he said. I'm getting pretty stoked about getting the car back together.

This is my first Turbo Buick so I have no real idea what this stroker deal and this new turbo really means?? I hear it's gonna be fast without ringing the sh$t out of it which is what I want.

Last edited:
Back