Good deal on TTA?

Sorry you missed the car.

Its not just in cars that we need to recognize a good deal when its available. Being ready to jump rewards some, and leads others to catastrophe. It takes time sometimes to sort out whether something is just right for you. There will be another come along for you :)

By the way, I did not buy it ;)

Lee

Vmaxkid said:
Yep,

I went to buy it and someone got to it before me. After months of going back and forth with the guy he sold it.

Don't worry about it, they will have more for sale. They are always on Ebay and plenty of other automotive sites. You just have to be ready to jump on it when you see it!! Hopefully I'll be flying out this weekend to look at a replacement stang....but I'm not saying where or how I found it....least not online.

ebay

As of tonight, there are 4 leather/ttop cars on there right now. Not any festival cars but there looks to be one 40k mile car in good shape that just started. Seats are not the greatest on the higher mileage cars but I think it looked ok on the lower mileage one.

Good luck finding a car.

Yeah but on the one that is the 41K mile car the guy wants $23,500 for it. I think I am going to stick with Corvettes. They are a lot easier to get a hold of and more reasonably priced.

Vmaxkid said:
Yeah but on the one that is the 41K mile car the guy wants $23,500 for it. I think I am going to stick with Corvettes. They are a lot easier to get a hold of and more reasonably priced.

Well I want what he is smoking cause I got my TTA with 37k for $10,700 last year. They are out there you just have to look and be ready!! Bought mine sight unseen....but I've spent ALOT OF MONEY on it since, but they are old cars now!!! Check cars.com they have some occassionally but you will probably have to travel.

Hi I'm new to this site. I'm located on Long Island, and I'm the guy who bought the TTA in Louisiana. I first called in August on it and the price was $13,500. I finally called back in September to offer him $11,900, and was told the price was lowered to his loan payoff- $11,600. I gave him a cc deposit then and there over the phone. Car arrived last week. I drove it a few days and gave it to my shop to go through it- exhaust, belt , tune-up , fluids, etc. I told them to take their time but I'm getting anxious. Body is very good, interior is nice, motor is tight with no weird noises and no leaks, tranny seems fine but shifts VERY hard (chirps 2nd gear with light throttle). It needs alittle TLC-- rear spoiler, chips in front ground effects, antenna, and alot of rattles. I am awaiting the PHS documents to find out its number. How will I know if this is a Festival Car? Also_ about buying the car sight unseen; a friend of mine bought aZ28 and a Corvette from this dealer and both were nicer than described. His recommendation and the lower price made it an easy decision.

Vmaxkid said:
Yep,

I went to buy it and someone got to it before me. After months of going back and forth with the guy he sold it.

You tire kicked it until it was gone.

SouthBaySurfer said:
tranny seems fine but shifts VERY hard (chirps 2nd gear with light throttle).

and alot of rattles.

How will I know if this is a Festival Car?

Hard Shifts - Normal

Rattles - Normal

PHS Should tell you it was a festival Car, I'm not sure about that.

I'd say you got a good buy

Who Needs 8 said:
PHS Should tell you it was a festival Car, I'm not sure about that...

PHS will not tell you it is a Festival car.

My 5K mile cloth/T-top car is one. Almost all of the Cloth/T-Top cars produced were festival cars. I was able to document mine through a guy who has all the documentation of the cars used at indy. He can be contacted at kirchenbauer@sbcglobal.net .

My car never had the number written on the rear bumper under the plate as some of the cars. But I do have Indiana paper registration for my car while it was at indy indicating it's number was 130. This was verified by Mr. Kirchenbauer. I also have paperwork about maint of the car at indy.

You can tell from the delivery dealership on the reproduction window sticker you will receive from PHS. I will have to dig mine up, but if I remember correctly it was Corral Pontiac in Indiana. Their were two dealerships which did the prep on the cars.

150 TTA's were used at Indy and they all had early prodtion dates. My car's Pontiac build was 12/88 and the PAS build date was 2/89.

"Turbota" who is on this site seems to have information as well.

- Dave

Thanks for all the info, guys. Just picked it up from the shop-big difference with a good exhaust. Very strange; the mid pipe was riddled with holes, yet it has a brand new Dynamax muffler. BTW, I noticed the first posting on this thread was Sep 16; I bought this car on Sep 15. It was already sold before this discussion began!

Real Deal

Festival car #142
Sorry for the dirt, I really dont want to rub it off! :eek:

Fest142.jpg

SouthBaySurfer said:
Thanks for all the info, guys. Just picked it up from the shop-big difference with a good exhaust. Very strange; the mid pipe was riddled with holes, yet it has a brand new Dynamax muffler. BTW, I noticed the first posting on this thread was Sep 16; I bought this car on Sep 15. It was already sold before this discussion began!

The intermediate pipe will get small rust holes in it when a car sits alot. It is caused from condensation in the exhaust system and this pipe is the low point.

- Dave

I think you're right, Dave. There were lots of cobwebs under the car. The more I drive this thing, the more I like it. I think I got a good one.

Jim

SouthBaySurfer said:
I think you're right, Dave. There were lots of cobwebs under the car. The more I drive this thing, the more I like it. I think I got a good one.

Jim
Start a new thread with updated pics!

Jason