You can type here any text you want

Good Runs=396 big block chevelle and 96 impalla with lots of juice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackshoebox

Staff member
So i went out to the local street race hang out last night...just chillin with a few friends. So we hung out to about 11 or so, and then went crusing to a spot where some money races were going to go down. I was on a street/race tune, 21-22 psi, 108 chip on pump and alky, with a 300 pound friend in the car. On the way there, my buddies friend in a sweet chevelle(396, built) wanted to run. So we went from a slow second gear roll, he got the jump(about 1 car)and at about 110 i was about 2 car out on him and holding.;) He was kind of surprised since that car is suppose to run mid to low 12's with plenty of mph(113++) from what he said:rolleyes:

Right after that, a late 96'ish black impalla pulls up, and starts purging some NOS. It has 3 gauge piller i could see and exhaust. So were on the high way and go from about a 65-70 mph roll. He stayed at my door the whole way up to about 125-130 when i let off. I later found out that thing went 13.3@114,:eek:. With a two stage 200 shot. Obviously traction hindered.

Both were fast cars with cool owners(we all met at the street race spot after and BS'd), but i held up well, with a te-44 blowing oil and a header leak and the car probably weighing in at 4000 pounds with my friend in the car since it weighs 3700 with me and a full tank of gas.

Shoebox

hey man...good kills! i am curious though...you can run a 108 race chip with pump gas and alky? i was trying to find out if i can do a RA108 chip with 93 octane pump gas and alky...a few have told me to use my 93 PTE street chip but i don't think that would give my car enough punch...

Nice Kills.

Great kills Alex.

I had me an Impala SS today for lunch today 3 times. Dude, 13.3 @ 114, no freaken way. I hang around with a couple of Impala guys from SOFASST sometimes and I can tell you that these cars can't MPH if their life depended on it. Ask him to show you some time slips. No freaken way man. One guy I know has a 95 teal green one with a 383 running 12.7 @ 105-106. He told you he ran 13.3 @ 114 in a car that weighs 4400 pounds? I'd have to see it to belive it. Even Though that is a lot of N2O but..Hmmmm.

Get that Turbo rebuilt and he will be looking at your taillights and trying to hit his switch harder at the same time.

Later

"He told you he ran 13.3 @ 114 in a car that weighs 4400 pounds? I'd have to see it to belive it. Even Though that is a lot of N2O but..Hmmmm."

Think the N20 makes a bigger difference on a high way roll like that(65-70)..regardless the car had other mods(full exhaust, headers, and all the other free mods)..it was fast on a roll.

"you can run a 108 race chip with pump gas and alky? i was trying to find out if i can do a RA108 chip with 93 octane pump gas and alky...a few have told me to use my 93 PTE street chip but i don't think that would give my car enough punch..."

I have been doing it on the weekends when i go out and play around. Remember Red's chips are rich and his race chips are even richer. I can only run 19-20 psi with the ra93 chip where as the the 108 chip i can run 21-22 psi, and be a little rich but with no knock. Just turn up the alky and make sure you have enough fuel and the car should run good. Also have your plugs gapped tight @ .32. I run ngk ur5's and they seem to work the best.

Shoebox

Nice Kills Alex.. this is Will with the Black Supercharged Mustang.. where did these races take place? Are you going out to them tomorrow night? If so let me know where they are (Is it the one right off of 84 & Pine Island?). My buddy is itching for some races.. you interested? 92 Z28 SLP Edition with Slicks and a little bit of Nitrous :)

-Will

Originally posted by SprchrgdPony
Nice Kills Alex.. this is Will with the Black Supercharged Mustang.. where did these races take place? Are you going out to them tomorrow night? If so let me know where they are (Is it the one right off of 84 & Pine Island?). My buddy is itching for some races.. you interested? 92 Z28 SLP Edition with Slicks and a little bit of Nitrous :)

-Will
Warning cars in Sig. Are sl0w:D :D :eek:

108 chipz & 93 prem??

That's the idea behind the alky ... Tune the car like you would w/ a race chip and race gas.:cool: Substitute the alky for the race gas when the tuneup is close and tune from there.... The alky is intended to be paired w/ a race chip.. more timing and a better fuel curve. You'd be leaving alot of power on the table if you used a street chip....;) 20-25# of boost is common w/ a race chip and alky.
The added benefits: Lower fuel costs... [At least for now.. unless the oil co's keep jackin the prices:mad: ]!!

O2 sensors live more than 3 weeks!!

Cat converters survive, for those that have to have them.

Makes a neat stink that messes w/ the competition.

Originally posted by SprchrgdPony

-Will

I will probably be out there hanging out and bs'ing..think i will be spectating as for the racing. I will probably be out at pine island and 84 after words to "watch". Im going to be laying low on the street racing for a while. Im sure we can arrange a ton of races for your friend with the 92 z28, we will set some thing up tonight.

See ya,
Alex

What kind of 108 race chip do you use? I have a (hate to say) Kenne Bell race chip but it locks the converter all the time, not good on the street.

Re: Nice Kills.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Great kills Alex.

I had me an Impala SS today for lunch today 3 times. Dude, 13.3 @ 114, no freaken way. I hang around with a couple of Impala guys from SOFASST sometimes and I can tell you that these cars can't MPH if their life depended on it. Ask him to show you some time slips. No freaken way man. One guy I know has a 95 teal green one with a 383 running 12.7 @ 105-106. He told you he ran 13.3 @ 114 in a car that weighs 4400 pounds? I'd have to see it to belive it. Even Though that is a lot of N2O but..Hmmmm.

Jorge,
You must not have run across one of my customers with a 4400# NOS Impala. His name is also Jorge P. I am sure he can make a believer out of you. He's gone 10.19@136 with just the first kit.

Supercharged Pony: Are you coming to Orlando this Sunday? Maybe we can arrange some sort of race with one of your Mustangs?

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Right after that, a late 96'ish black impalla pulls up, and starts purging some NOS. It has 3 gauge piller i could see and exhaust. So were on the high way and go from about a 65-70 mph roll. He stayed at my door the whole way up to about 125-130 when i let off. I later found out that thing went 13.3@114,:eek:. With a two stage 200 shot. Obviously traction hindered.
Just out of curiosity...did this car have white racing stripes on it?

Re: Re: Nice Kills.

Originally posted by HighPSI

Jorge,
You must not have run across one of my customers with a 4400# NOS Impala. His name is also Jorge P. I am sure he can make a believer out of you. He's gone 10.19@136 with just the first kit.

Cal,
I know Jorge Perez. Believe me, If I was a lawyer and had tons of money, I'd make a car go really fast too! I met him when the car was running 11.30's @11?'s . He's gone along way with that thing. It is a bad ass car. You did a great job.

The person I was talking about with the 383 also knows him. His name is Tim.He Spend lots of money on that 383 but he has hit a wall at 12.7 (N/A) . It's a great motor. He drive the car around the country on golf tour and still gets consistent 12.7 @ 107 or so.

My best friend is in SOFFAST, so I've met a bunch of those guys.

Nice talking to you Cal.

Jorge.

"Just out of curiosity...did this car have white racing stripes on it?"

The impalla I raced that night was an all black one, with the stock rims, some type of aftermarket exhaust, and it had a 3 gauge piller that i could see. From what i heard the car has a cam, heads, headers, full exhaust, chip, and 2 stage 200 shot of juice.

Jorge i got your personal message, I will be in contact with your friend this week concerning the intake, im sorry i didn't call him sooner, just had a real ****ty week at school this week.

Later,
Alex

That's cool Alex. We'll be going to the track this friday to make a few pump gas passes. Actually, Gabby will be on pump gas and I'll be on Xylene. :D . I'll be looking for some mid to high 12's @20 psi. He should be waaay faster. You should meet us out their.

Later,
Jorge.

Back