You can type here any text you want

Goodyear Drag Radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

Have any of you guys ever ran or are running the Goodyear Drag Radials. An if so can you give me some feed back on them.

I have seen them on the fastlane Mustang and they went 5.41 @145 on them!!!!

I'm looking at getting a set for my 16" wheels. Couple of people I know have them and love em long as your not doing a lot of rainy driving. Mickey T' Dr's are nice too and I think they may come in a few different sizes.

I don't think 199 is not a bad price per tire compared to 236 new tire for the Mickey Thompson

I have the bfg on my car they don't hook at all on the street

I had trouble hooking on the street also, until I lowered my air pressure to 18/20lbs. and leave at 5/6lbs. of boost.

It hurts my launch but is better than going up in smoke and losing.

It's better to get beat out of the hole sometimes and then go by them when I hit 19lbs. of boost and get halfway through second gear than to launch and fry the hides and lose for sure.

I don't know of any D/R that will hook on the street, especially if you launch with high boost, although the M/T are still the best I've tried so far.

Mileage sucks, as I'm lucky to get 3000 miles out of them.

At 500 bucks a set mounted and balanced that works out to 1,500 bucks a year for me in tractionimus de maximus, but that's a small price to pay when you can blow off almost any car that challenges you and you really have no fear when you see no D/Rs on their car you're gonna win, unless you tangle with a tricked out turbo all wheel drive with a good driver making serious HP.

Have any of you guys ever ran or are running the Goodyear Drag Radials

If you get a set of G/Ys let us know how they work out for you.

Ten second cars won't run ten's on the street with D/Rs.

I've ran them on a few of my cars. Like stated above, drag radials + rain = possible death. I got caught in the rain and it was ugly, car started severe fish tailing, luckily I was able to regain control. My daughter was about 12 at the time and she remembers it like it was yesterday. I didn't realize how dangerous they were in the wet. My next set will be on some spare wheels. Maybe they're better now than they were years ago, but I doubt it.

I've ran them on a few of my cars. Like stated above, drag radials + rain = possible death. I got caught in the rain and it was ugly, car started severe fish tailing, luckily I was able to regain control. My daughter was about 12 at the time and she remembers it like it was yesterday. I didn't realize how dangerous they were in the wet. My next set will be on some spare wheels. Maybe they're better now than they were years ago, but I doubt it.

Nope, even new my MTs were bad in the rain. Driving them on the street and heat cycling them takes the stick away anyway. Now that I have my MTs mounted on spares with a cordless impact, I just change them at the track and they stay sticky for a full two seasons where they were never good a 2nd season when I street drove them; regardless of tread depth.

Did some research check this out.

Mickey Thompson 3755R - Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Drag Tires Details Price

295-Series Tire Width
Tire Compound: R2
Tire Overall Diameter: 27.8''
Average Roll Out/
Circumference: 87.0''
Tire Tread Width: 10.9''
Tire Section Width: 12.0''
Wheel Diameter: 15''
Spec Wheel Width: 9.5''
Approved Wheel Widths: 8.0-10.5''
Tire Weight: 35.0 lbs

GoodYear#478-D4338

P295/55R-15 Drag Radial
  • Tread: 10.2"
  • Section Width: 12.6"
  • Diameter: 28.0"
  • Suggested Rim: 9.5"
  • Weight: 29.4Lbs
  • QtyRemoveItemPriceTotal

Remove
    478-D4305.jpg
    P295/55R-15 Drag Radial
    • Tread: 10.2"
    • Section Width: 12.6"
    • Diameter: 28.0"
    • Suggested Rim: 9.5"
    • Weight: 29.4Lbs

Part Number # 478-D4338

Non-Box_Fee.gif
    $9.99

This item is expected to ship 03/18/13.

$199.99 total $399.98

Remove
    672-3755R.jpg
    Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tire
    • P295/55R15 (28'' x 12.5'' - 15'')
    • R2 Compound
    • Tubeless

Part Number # 672-3755R

Non-Box_Fee.gif
    $9.99

This item will ship Tomorrow.

$235.99 total $471.98

Yea, I kind of remember seeing them in a picture and thought they stuck out too far for my taste. I could be wrong, can't really remember.

275/60 are a tight fit. 295 require you to roll your outer wheel well and use spacers. I wouldn't run them on stock rims

87_we4 said:
275/60 are a tight fit. 295 require you to roll your outer wheel well and use spacers. I wouldn't run them on stock rims

They will be ran on a set of 15x10 welds draglite

I haven't rolled the wheel wells or used spacers. It's important to make sure the axle is centered and that you have wheels with the correct backspacing.

I'm running 16'' TTA rims that are 8'' wide. the offset is 1/4'' to much and the frame has been massaged 1/4'' to give 1/4'' clearance between the frame and tire sidewall at about the two o'clock position.

The tires don't stick out and actually look like they belong there.

Like stated above, drag radials + rain = possible death. I got caught in the rain and it was ugly, car started severe fish tailing, luckily I was able to regain control.

I don't have any issues in the rain and have plenty of grip when I drive without boosting it, you know, like a v6 non turbo car that can barely move under it's own power.:p

IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0497.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 74
The Goodyear DR's have been great for many guys at my local track, my friend has a mustang in the lower 10's and the thing dead hooked and felt better throughout the run on the DR's vs. the MT bias slicks he took off. and they last a whole season of saturday bracket races, with about 500 miles of street driving per year

Robzomie, I'm not sure if it's the angle the pics were taken or what, but they look really tall.
Are those 275's? If you have rain like we do in Ohio you would change your mind about running them on the street. When the rear end on my TA started fishtailing I was going about 40 mph, not accelerating, just driving.

Remove
Remove
672-3754R.jpg
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tire
  • P275/60R15 (28'' x 11.5'' - 15'')
  • R2 Compound
  • Special Sidewall Construction for Quicker Launches
Part Number # 672-3754R

Non-Box_Fee.gif
$9.99

This item will ship Tomorrow.
$220.99 $441.98