You can type here any text you want

Goodyear Drag Radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Robzomie, I'm not sure if it's the angle the pics were taken or what, but they look really tall.
Are those 275's? If you have rain like we do in Ohio you would change your mind about running them on the street.

They are 28'' tall, and yes if I drove in a monsoon or through standing water I know I'd hydroplane.
I have intentionally tested the limits on purpose so I wouldn't be surprised and also to know what to expect in any situation I might encounter.
They are 295/50/16 as stated in my sig.

So, I was at the shop today; where I'm having some work done on the Gn. I took over the 15x10 and the 15x8 rim that I have to do some per measurement for the 295/55/15 goodyears . Jerry, the shop owner, did the measurement and seem to think that I will have to rolled lip for them to fit. He just squared up the rear end earlier in the week. So what am I missing: Yes, they have a 4.5" back space, Yes, and I do have a spacer that I can run.

What do you guy think is the better tire the 275/60/15 on the 15x8 or the 295/55/15 on the 15x10? I really want to run the 295, I think the look of the car will be great.

Do you thank that I will have the roll the fender lip how to get done the work right. I really don't want to roll the fender if I don't have to. What else do you think I need to do to be able to have everything work without rolling the fender lip?

You won't be able to use 295s unless you have the correct back spacing.

You could see if they would test mount a tire and see where your B/S needs to be.

My B/S is off just a little and instead of buying new rims the previous owner massaged the frame in a 1/4'' over a 3'' area so it wouldn't rub.

The wheel lips are untouched and that is what's important to me.

If you have to purchase the 10" rims, it can be calculated for proper fit, but if they are your existing, then the b/s is going to dictate the f/l roll. I do like the idea of the mini frame notch.

I own both sets of rims so something has to give. I have 4.5" back space on both of the rims.

You might try putting on the 10" rim and use a 12" square and measure from the center of the rim to the frame and to the lip and see if you are going to have enough clearance. Using the dimensions from he tires. I haven't purchased a set of tires for my 10" gta's yet. the 8" wide have no issues.

You might try putting on the 10" rim and use a 12" square and measure from the center of the rim to the frame and to the lip and see if you are going to have enough clearance. Using the dimensions from he tires. I haven't purchased a set of tires for my 10" gta's yet. the 8" wide have no issues.

I will try that. I want the 295/55/15 for the car.

garrett said:
Has anyone tried the Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials? Any input on them?

I have them on my GTA wheels they hook ok but you have to heat them up real good

Will guys, I try to order the tires today from Jegs and Summit and they can't get them anymore for some reason:mad::mad::mad::confused:

USMC_Turbo6 said:
Will guys, I try to order the tires today from Jegs and Summit and they can't get them anymore for some reason:mad::mad::mad::confused:

You mean the Goodyears??? 295's?

Back