Got an exhibition of speed ticket.

wiked87gn

Banned
To beging with Let me start by stating that i am innocent of all charges. :D , motorcycle cop said he saw me but i made sure i looked around both ways on the street before doing a burnout accross the whole intersection and did not see anyone unless he was hidding on a blindspot, about 40 seconds later once i got to the next light and i was sitting there waiting for the green light he came up behind me and gave me the lights, is there anyway to fight this one or is it a looser, exhibition of speed here in california counts as one point against your driving record and it is get this A (misdemeanor) you cannot go to traffic school for this one, so i am going all out to try and fight it, it started to rain slighty on the road so i was in a hurry to get the Beast that was just freshly waxed in the garage.. any suggestions has to how to handle this one, I honestly dont think he saw me but heard the tires screeching so then when he saw me at the bottom of the hill being the 1st car there with the huge MT drag radials outback he was able to put 2&2 together..

wikedgn

Could you plead for the point but still pay the fine amount? Works in PA if its first offence. Good luck!

your only chance is to contact a lawyer. Atleast around here if you get a lawyer involved they practically instantly reduce the charges, if not just drop them. Most courts don't bother wasting the time and money to have a trial with a case as small as something like exhibition of speed especially when there's a lawyer.

72firebird said:
your only chance is to contact a lawyer. Atleast around here if you get a lawyer involved they practically instantly reduce the charges, if not just drop them. Most courts don't bother wasting the time and money to have a trial with a case as small as something like exhibition of speed especially when there's a lawyer.

Yes a lawyer helps a lot. In IL I got 60 days court supervision for 25 over.

I could've tried on my own, but the best I could've hoped for was 6-12 months supervision. The lawyer was only $150 too.

Pete

Around here you see tons of advertisements for lawyers that handle traffic tickets, whether on TV or in the paper, phone book, etc. What they do is get the charges dropped down to a non-moving violation. Its usually an out of court deal and you just pay through the lawyer for his fees as well as the court's.
Id be surprised if you dont have the same type of lawyers that specialize in this where your at. Look in the Yellow pages/phone book and you'll probably find some ads. Your going to be out of some cash either way so your main concern needs to be to keep your driving record from being affected (which will cost you more in the long run).

gotta be careful with those burnouts! A friend and I had a little 0-60 blast jsut for fun one night(I spun the whole 0-60 in my mustang and so he kept pretty close to me in his cougar) and about 5 minutes later we got pulled over for street racing and all we were doing at the time was driving UNDER the speed limit(by like 5mph) and talking car to car where we were going to go eat. There were no cops around when we did that...there was no one...I don't know if he pulled us over for that or if he thought we were going to race when we were driving down a street with "moderate traffic" as he put it(one car passed the entire time we were pulled over). I managed to get it taken care of with a lawyer, but I'm jsut saying you never reeally know if anyone is watching or not.

You need to hire an attorney. They have scheduled days of the week they go from city to city to work with prosecuting attorneys on getting a reduction of fine, plead, or get deferred adjudication. City to city has different tollerences, and you may or may not get a break based on past tickets if you have them. Your chances of getting off are slim to none, but a settlement is attainable. Not sure they would buy the "My car was freshly waxed and rain was coming" defense.......... :biggrin:

actually it had started to rain when he pulled me over, wet road lots of torque, accidentally spinning tires on wet road is a good defense. :) plus i dont think he actually saw me do it, i dont think he even knew i was passing on the right shoulder or he would off wrote me for that too, and he put on the ticket that conditions were dry which where not by far, thats an error he will have to explian when my lawyer cross examines him on the stand, i think i have a good chance of getting off .

Ok, good luck to you. Just trying to help. Married to the city prosecutor of our city, and just trying to save a possible guilty conviction, court costs, full fine amount. I dont live there and dont know what your chances are there. I just know here, that would be a tough sell.

tell them your v6 monte would never spin the wheels. if you would have gotten the v8 like you should have then you would have been all over the road. ;)

Update needed.

So, any news on this? Get to court yet? Get it dismissed? Drop the soap and make any new friends in prison?

... Bonz

Bonzai said:
So, any news on this? Get to court yet? Get it dismissed? Drop the soap and make any new friends in prison..Bonz

Do you speak from experience about the soap, ;) .ticket was dismissed since it concerns your so much :) it is good to have friends who are lawyers and know the District attorney.. hehehehe

wiked87gn said:
Do you speak from experience about the soap, ;) .ticket was dismissed since it concerns your so much :) it is good to have friends who are lawyers and know the District attorney.. hehehehe

No dude, "Soap-On-A-Rope" for the win.

Grats on ditching the ticket. But will you learn from it? Jury is still out. (Pardon the pun.)

Glad you got it taken care of. My friend got an exhibition of speed in his GN. When he went to court the judge asked why he did it. He replied that it was his sister's birthday and she asked him to do it. To my amazement the judge told him he liked birthdays and not to do it again. With that he dismissed the ticket. Talk about not fair.