Got called out at the gas station today by Camaro

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Pulled into the gas station today, noticed a camaro when i pulled in but didnt really check it over. I get out of the car and start fueling and i hear a voice aloud, "You wanna Race that thing?"

I turn and its the Camaro guy, I scan the front of the car and see its the Lt v8 period Camaro and and the rear tires are just reg radials said, "You gonna race me with what?"

He responds and points to his car, "With this."
I ask if it still has the LT in it and he says no.
I ask whats in it and he says LS6 and 6 speed from a ZO6. I say cool and ask what does it run he say 12.30's @ 115 with no spray and says all motor and he hates spray.
Asked what sixty foot and he says 1.9 with the tires that are on it.
I then agree on it and tell him to meet me at the spot sometime and then he gives me his cell # and tells me to call him when i'm ready.
Ask him who did the swap and he said someone in FLA.

He fired it up and left, car had a borla exh and no noticeable cam.
Should be a good race, ill spike the fuel for some more timing:cool:.

Ill let yall know the outcome and hopefully have a video as well.:D

Lol.... yea, he's gonna come back with some similar looken car with a TT LSX in it.:p

So when is this supposed to take place?

Hope you can run low 11s. Is this for fun, braggin rights, or money? He may show up with slicks, race gas, and the nitrous bottle he hates to admit he hid.;)
Not all street racers are dishonest when it comes to racing, but I've yet to meet any honest ones.

I have had my fair share of street racing and dealt with eth smack talk before and after.

I think it will be a good race if he gets out on me I may be done we will see, his mph is around mine maybe faster IDK since i havent been to tehtrack in a while and play on the street.

No money on the race........ just a race to see who wins... he just called me out and now we are gonna lock horns.:D

Lets hope my Mickeys hook. I have raced my fair share of LS/3rd gen SBC powered stuff including vettes. If it has spray im probably done we shall see.

I ask whats in it and he says LS6 and 6 speed from a ZO6.

Did he mean an LS7 and not the LS6 which was a 454 big block from back in the '70's?

I'm assuming so since you said he had a 6 speed. The stock modern day LS7 that is in the C6 Z06 is 505 HP; a 427 cubic inch monster in stock form with around 490 lb/ft of torque. In the lightweight C6 Z06 (~3200 lbs) with a good driver and sticky tires, they are capable of VERY low 11's with some even touching the very high 10.9x's. Of course, the Camaro is most likely much heavier and if he's on standard street tire radials (= spin fest for him), you should take him easily.

However - if his car is lightened, he shows up with drag radials, and he's a good driver (meaning he can actually shift the 6-speed) you will have your hands full.

Should be a very interesting race. Keep us posted.

its prob just a ls1 with a ls6 intake manifold and he doesnt know the difference, either way if hes only doing 1.9s you should destroy him off the line

Did he mean an LS7 and not the LS6 which was a 454 big block from back in the '70's?

They also made an LS6 5.7 (346) from '01-'05. It was installed in the '01-'04 Z06 and '04-'05 CTS-V. It was essentially an LS1 with a different cam, better heads and a slightly revised block. I'm sure this is the motor this guy has got.

They also made an LS6 5.7 (346) from '01-'05. It was installed in the '01-'04 Z06 and '04-'05 CTS-V. It was essentially an LS1 with a different cam, better heads and a slightly revised block. I'm sure this is the motor this guy has got.

I forgot about that one but you're probably right - that is most likely the one he has IF he has a true LSx motor.

Of course, anyone can say ANYthing, especially when it comes to street racing.

The purported 1.9 60' (if true) could be an indicator of several things and not just necessarily what engine he has, particularly of a poor launch (which in itself could be caused by lack of traction, driver abilities, etc...).

Like I said, it should be a good race IF he is being honest.

And THAT is always a big if...

;)

OK UPDATE.....

Camaro boy bailed at the last minute and said he couldnt make it and had my number and would call me??
Now this is after I spoke with him less than a hour from the meet time to make sure he was coming.. he was all ready then.

It is indeed a LS6 and yes with a hook and a 125 or so of dope I will need all I can get.

Since ovary Camaro boy was having vag cramps, etc and chickened out...

I did race a Isuzu Hombre(isuzu s10) pick up with a very stout solid roller, alum head, 355 with big ole Et streets twce from a dig and he LOST both times.

He jumped early on the second race and I still came around him in second.

So when Camaro kotex boy calls and we run ill be sure and post it up.

It was awesome after teh race bud in his WE4 and me and my GN pulled into the spot and another friend heard some of the mustang guys saying dont mess with those GN's...they are bad.

Man I love it!!!!

Hes scared, word got around to him about teh GN's in town.

Wouldnt do much good now anyways my trans is out right now. Dang convertor started making a racket :mad: