Got my 1st "nice Monte Carlo"

theCATman

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Yeah for me!!!! It only took 3 months to loose my Monte Carlo comment cherry. Ahhhh..... it felt soooo good too.:p

I had the GN out & stopped by a buddies house that I only see or hear from when he needs my mechanical knowledge (I know, not much of a friend right?) Anyhow, some tool friend of his is with him. My buddy makes the comment "What do you thinks of Tom's new pride & joy?"

Gomer Pile (who's driving a Hyundai) looks the car up, down, inside, out, looks right at the fender badge and says "I've always liked these Monte Carlos, they're some sharp cars"

My buddy pipes right up & tells him it's a GN, not a MC. Gomer says "Really?, a Grand National?, they're supposed to be rare or something, right?"

I just said "Yup" and changed the subject.:rolleyes:

hard to believe these cars are over 20 years old and people still dont know the difference between a BUICK & a CHEVY.

Since I'm just starting my little project I'm sure when I'm done I'll get at least 1 but it is an 82 and has the big stickers on her saying BUICK so we'll see what happens. lol

Nothing new....you have car people that know their cars and you have wanna be's that are just plain idiots.

I've had people call my Nova a Chevelle, my Chevelle a Nova and my Chevelle a "Cutty". (slang for Cutlass) And of course one guy referred to my Regal as a Monte.

You guys are too much.:mad:
I am a specific type of car car guy.
I like Turbo Buicks and most G-Bodies So I learned a little about them.
I Like Mustangs So I learned a little about them.
I couldn't tell one of these new imports from another BECAUSE I have NO interest in them.
So what they called your car something other then what it is Did your DICKK fall of?

I have had people show up at my house and say "WOW! CHECK OUT THAT NICE MUSTANG!!" and go look at my 73 Vega. Which still says "by Chevrolet" on the front and back. Still has the Vega on the rear hatch above the key cylinder. Has GT on the fenders and I wonder if that is why they think it's a junkstang. I quit correcting people a long time ago. I just ignore the MC comments like I didn't hear them and if they come up and ask me, I just tell them it's a Buick and leave it at that. :)

I couldn't tell one of these new imports from another BECAUSE I have NO interest in them.
So what they called your car something other then what it is Did your DICKK fall of?

Wow..... take a minute to cool off there bud. None of us are saying it upsets us like it obviously does you to hear us talk about it.

It's a goof. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just funny how non-car & some car lovers alike associate all G-Bodies with the Monte Carlo.

Talk about an over-reaction!!! :eek:

It's not like he yelled at the guy...just a funny story considering that the guy looked at the badges! :rolleyes:

Just last night, Saturday, July 4 a bunch of us were at Burger King on the Berlin Turnpike in Connecticut. It was their bi-weekly cruise and car show put on by the friends with the Mopars. I had my shiny, jet-black 1987 Grand National parked. Some guy complimented my Monte Carlo. I told him it was a compilation of a Monte Carlo and an Olds Cutlass Supreme. He bought it and said "No ****, bud, nice job!" My friends laughed their asses off.

Kinda out there but if they just say "nice ***" then they don't know what they are looking at. Like not knowing if you're a man or woman when it's pretty obvious. If they can't read the emblems then I act like I didn't hear unless they come right up to me. Then I politely correct them. No getting mad or upset over that. :biggrin: Might as well tell you "nice Van". :eek:

it's funny that everyone says that cars of today all look alike- but hoe many people have taken a step back and taken an objective look at all of the cars from any particular era? cars from the 40's and into the 50's tended to all look like led sleds, cars from the late 50's and into the early 60's tended to be gaudy monstrosities with fins and lots of chrome, cars from the 60's all tended to be boxes, cars from the 70's tended to be bloated, cars from the 80's (including our beloved regals) tended to be boxes again. every different design trend seems to be a backlash against whatever came before it.
today, cars all look like bubbles- with a few bloated boxy things popping up.

I am guilty of not even trying to see/read an emblem as to the type of car it is.

if I like the car and think its a nice looking car but I am not interested in knowing the make and model or the car I’ll just say "nice car" OR I’ll say " nice XYZ???" in a guessing tone and if I am really bored I’ll ask the make and model.

If a person takes their time to compliment my Work it doesn't matter if they know it’s not a Nova. Thanks for acknowledging my hard work :biggrin:

It's ok...when i was 10 my neighbor was trailing in a 62 Chevy II....was missing the tail lamps, headlamps, grille....and was in primer red. I actually thought for awhile it was a Ford Falcon. They do look similar at 30 feet away.

Would be interesting if some non car guy saw a car with a "Chevelle" name plate and confused it for "Chevette" as if GM forgot to cross the T's....then told you your nice Chevelle was a "nice Chevette". :p

It's ok...when i was 10 my neighbor was trailing in a 62 Chevy II....was missing the tail lamps, headlamps, grille....and was in primer red. I actually thought for awhile it was a Ford Falcon. They do look similar at 30 feet away.

Would be interesting if some non car guy saw a car with a "Chevelle" name plate and confused it for "Chevette" as if GM forgot to cross the T's....then told you your nice Chevelle was a "nice Chevette". :p

Not a bad idea.
I’ll check E-bay to see if I can get one for the back. I’ll pay $5.00 for one if it looks like it would fit in the same spot.