Got my best on a stk turbo & alky

V8Killer

GM speed junkie
Took the T up to NED today, cool air and good traction. Ran several 11.9's and 12's, best was 3rd run 11.8@112. Mods are in sig. Stock long block, turbo, trans, and converter. All runs were pump 93 and alky. on 4 year old BFG 265/50 drag radials
Here are the details:
60' 1.651
330 4.84
1/8 7.54
mph 91.0
1000 9.88
1/4 11.88
mph 112.35

What? No whiz-bang billet turbo and roller cam?:biggrin:

You have mph to gain between the 1/8 and 1/4 since you currently only gained 21.3 mph. :)

You have mph to gain between the 1/8 and 1/4 since you currently only gained 21.3 mph. :)

Ya.. but the other limiter is the stock turbo running out of steam. Fastest I have heard of with a stock turbo is 116. I had a 112 once and could never go faster. I guess depends on weather and little tricks to squeeze out a few more drops out of it. The 116 was at 40 degree's late in the day.

It was about 50 yesterday. The Tasco Ford team next to us had a weather thingie and the guy said it read something like 900' below sea level?? It was dry cold air.

Great times, have you tried adding boost considering the V4 probably gave you back at least 4psi of backpressure?

You're a great candidate for Preturbo Injection, you'd get more out of that stock turbo for sure.

Great times, have you tried adding boost considering the V4 probably gave you back at least 4psi of backpressure?

You're a great candidate for Preturbo Injection, you'd get more out of that stock turbo for sure.

Great point on the preturbo.. would be a neat test.

I've tried more boost and did'nt go any faster. Then i also ran 110 on the stock downpipe and elbow with a gutted cat.:biggrin:

Meth hitting a turbine @ 80k RPM :eek: how long will that last ?

The beauty of a stock turbo is value. I wont do it with my 76 ball bearing turbo :D

Like whats the absolute worst that can happen.. you mess up a $100-200 turbo.

Best thing.. it actually improves the performance.

The 78 Turbo Buicks had a quadrajet if front of the turbo.. so gasoline was pumped through it.