got rear ended 2 nights ago please help!

Tony serio

] Hi guys im just now able to comprehend typing driving sat to the grocery store like 930 pm sitting stopped in traffic got plowed into by a guy doin 45 50 in an suv from a dead stop! who said he dropped his phone ! Anyway sent me flying atleast 4 car links To the turning lane no other cars in front of me , hit me so hard flew up then back broke the seat frame backwards from the brackets i was laying inthe back seat almost, blacked out 2 guys helped and were also witnesses he admitted he was looking for a phone all his fault i also had witnesses long story pushed the left side notch on the fram into the left tire quarter panels all rear cop let me limp home told him I refused anyone to move it he saw what kid of car it was and patted me on the back said ur good we all see he's at fault I spun on boost to drag it a street over to my house cooked the tire off i lived a block over ! Went to hospital severe whiplash clavicle sprain on all kinds of meds right now brused from neck down, next day hired a lawyer guy had insurence im sorry to ramble my heart is broken dont want to get low balled sueing for pain classic car lost wages i just cant think and need yalls advise ill send pics thanks u guys he really rocked me hard cAnt bare to look at her my wife came to the scene I was gonna rip his head off then settled down and the pain kicked in I'm not loosing my car blood sweat and tears why me !!! Never drove hard babied every stepI have no clue about body wrk again I'm sorry about rambling just feel really bad right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Wondering if that can even be fixed or back half it hut the body and quarters donar car?? Havent figured that on out yet

Last edited:
NADA and Hagerty both have pricing for classic cars but hopefully you have a appraisal of the car for insurance purposes.

Well were military it was insured for 16k through usaa lawyer is getting a classic car apprasing after his cracker jack insurence people look at it

What do u guys think about worse case options powertrain and trans are all fine and heavy modded kills me to even think about pulling the plug:cry:

Oh damn and its one of us Texas boys too. Well if it gets totaled buy it back from the insurance company and we will get it parted out to the locals or help you transfer it to another TR.

Thanks shawn Yeah there high off there ass if im sending that car away already told em it stays no matter the out come plus lawyers gonna rip him to peices

I know how you feel. My first T-Type was totaled in a hit and run. I had to chase the bastard down after he smacked me from behind doing 55. No license no insurance and the NRH PD let him drive off with a ticket. Woke up the next day with 2 herniated discs.

I am pretty sure they will right it off, there is more damage further up that you can't see. I would wait to see what they offer you, but I tell everyone " do your home work". Find 3 or 4 cars in the same condition and miles and what they are going for. Then you know if the offer they make is good, after you agree on the value buy the car back and fix it your self. I would buy another car for a frame/back half and start from there. Be patient and don't take the first offer. I worked for a body shop for a while and the games are frustrating. Glad you walked away, as bad as you feel and as frustrating as it is, you are still here to drive again.

Yeah absolutely thank God my kid wasn't with me but I already filled medical and legal action so I'm not worried about compensation on that end just sad ha can't put a price on time blood tears and love of a car I'll keep you guys posted thank u so much for feed back all hop on on mesds got depressed lol time for rest will return with updates later guys.

Well were military it was insured for 16k through usaa lawyer is getting a classic car apprasing after his cracker jack insurence people look at it

You have probably one of the best insurance companies out there. My advice would be to pay your deducible to USAA , let them handle the loss and in the end USAA will subrogate against the at fault parties to recover their money and your deductible.

If USAA should decide to repair your car USAA has a network of repair facilities called "STARS" shops that will stand behind the repairs to your car for life or as long as you own it.

Last edited:
If it is totaled, most insurance companies will let you but it back on the cheap. We just totaled an 05 Trailblazer and they offered it back to us for $385. May be best bet, save the drivetrain for later

If it is found to be a total loss by the insurance co. and you decide to keep the salvage... just keep in mind that state laws will dictate how to "brand" the title. The car may be deemed "rebuildable or unrebuildable" according to the damage estimate vs the vehicle value.

I know Texas is a bit more forgiving than Florida. I wrote an estimate for a insurance co. on a car in Florida that was registered in Texas and the state laws allowed the owner to keep the car on the road.
I can't remember if it was the value to damage ratio or the age of the car that made the two states different.

Last edited:
Don't tell anyone you will buy it back, it might raise the price, they automatically list that option when they total it.

Been there done that, it sucks big time.

Drove mine home and then for the next 10 years, only got hit at 20 or so mph. luckily.

Worry more about the medical and getting healthy, the car can be redone/replaced, a good lawyer can get you the $$$ to do it up even better.

Good luck.

Where is car at now. I have been hit twice before ( Not a TR) both times wrecking yard guys stole things off of it. They took the wheels and Edelbrock EFI kit off of my Monte SS.