You can type here any text you want

got spanked by a 02 corvette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eddiedellz

Gringo
got spanked by a 02 corvette on the way home from work
we raced up the onramp and i couldent catch tracion for half the way up but then agin on the highway and he pulled away from me .. verry dissapointing :(

my car just has a cat back, and a thrasher chip

your car is almost stock. You have to be kiddin yourself if a 245 hp car with a chip and cat back is gonna beat a 345 hp car. You are gonna have to do more tne that to beat one.. They (Corvettes)are mid to low 13 second cars stock ..

dude a STOCK GN will not keep up with much of anything these days...our cars were FAST back then but they are just mid range fast nowadays...i mean a 4 banger turbo neon is running in the same league as a stock GN now...that's how far technology has come...and a 350 horsepower c5 corvette will walk any stock GN...but do about $1000 worth of mods and you will WALK a stock c5 vette :)

What?!?!

Anyone who is going to be so much of a traitor as to say that are cars 'were' fast but basically wont cut it nowadays offends me and needs to see my thread on fish/kill stories entitled ''...Muffstain''.!! :confused: :mad:

hurt too!!

i had 4 people with me and put a new GT away. my car had a FPR($100), RJCPP($45), street chip(free) with some C12 all on my stock fuel pump not being able to WOT.

Re: What?!?!

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Anyone who is going to be so much of a traitor as to say that are cars 'were' fast but basically wont cut it nowadays offends me and needs to see my thread on fish/kill stories entitled ''...Muffstain''.!! :confused: :mad:

Sorry you are offended, chief, but his statement is true. Low 14's is not very competitive in todays performance market. The EvoVIII, The WRX, and the SRT-4 will all run with or beat a stock GN. Not to mention what a Camaro or Mustang would do to it. No shame in getting outrun 17 years later :)

i was referring to a "stock" GN as being FACTORY stock...that means down to the air filter! low 14's were the norm...and even in today's world with the cars being 17 years old they would probably run mid to high 14's if they aren't tuned perfect! a mustang GT will do the quarter in the low 14's to high 13's, the camaro and trans am does it in mid to low 13's....the c5 corvette is low 13's to high 12's...the z06 corvette is capable of mid to low 12's...the cobra is mid to low 12's capable...the viper is high 11's capable...neon, wrx, evo high 13's to low 14's...

the new GTO will be doing low 13's to high 12's...the new grand prix GTP will probably do low 14's

do i need to go on??? factory stock our cars will get walked by 75% of the market today...BUT just add about $1000 worth of simple stupid mods and that number goes down to like 25%...another grand or so and nothing will touch you in stock form!

Don , you are correct, but I wanted to clarify one thing. The new GTO won't be a 12 second car. no way no how. Its not gonna be as fast as a graden varity Corvette in fact.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
i was referring to a "stock" GN as being FACTORY stock...that means down to the air filter! low 14's were the norm...and even in today's world with the cars being 17 years old they would probably run mid to high 14's if they aren't tuned perfect! a mustang GT will do the quarter in the low 14's to high 13's, the camaro and trans am does it in mid to low 13's....the c5 corvette is low 13's to high 12's...the z06 corvette is capable of mid to low 12's...the cobra is mid to low 12's capable...the viper is high 11's capable...neon, wrx, evo high 13's to low 14's...

the new GTO will be doing low 13's to high 12's...the new grand prix GTP will probably do low 14's

do i need to go on??? factory stock our cars will get walked by 75% of the market today...BUT just add about $1000 worth of simple stupid mods and that number goes down to like 25%...another grand or so and nothing will touch you in stock form!

yeah it probably won't because of it's weight...my bad

mid 13's, low 13's with a professional driver:D

Ive had my a$$ handed to me plenty when i was bone stock buy alot of cars i remember racing a stock vette 1997 at the time from a roll and pulled him 30mph to 60-70 then after that i could bearly see tail lights

Now with mods i havent been beat on the street and really doubt i would unless by a bike or full blown drag cars

the morial is stock 14s was good back in 87 but now it aint sh#$ and 12s in 15yrs probley wont be either

Johnny

they do get harder to beat

Don't get all butt-sore, I just think it's sad that you have a message board where GN owners get together and talk about how the cars they drive suck nowadays, and then get responded to by folks who are all "Oh, yeah? Screw you, 'cause our cars ARE getting kinda lame!" I'm not here to argue with anyone about exactly how much HP this or that car has...it's just a pride in a classic thing. And as far as the whole 'only seven posts' thing goes, if Ken Duttweiler got on this thing and it was his first time, would you criticize HIM because he hasn't yet learned your secret handshake crap?:rolleyes:

Huh? Do you want us to lie about the performance of a stock GN? We're just trying to keep the stock GN drivers from getting beat badly by stock Corvettes, SRTs, and EVOs. I mean, it's making the rest of us look bad. :p

Then again, it might be easier for some of us to do some serious spanking in the future. :D

Again, repeat the montra... DON"T RACE A STOCK GN, DON"T RACE A STOCK GN...

These cars are so easily modifed it just doesn't make sense....

James

Sorry, autobot- apparently I have not made myself properly clear. Now, I could spend the next week or so going back and forth , both of us finding more and more eloquent ways to bad-mouth eachother...but I think we're all on the same team, here. I will this time accept that perhaps we had a miscommunication and leave it be at that. At NO POINT did I claim my car (or any other for that matter) could outrun anything on Earth, only that I hate to hear bad spoken of them, for right or wrong. So, rather than respond to everything you said, I will wish you luck with whatever, and reinstate my original core message: I love these cars and enjoy the opportunity to chat with all like-minded TR owners.
Sincerely, the professedly fastest land vehicle of all time...going from your sisters' house to mine in the blink of an eye.......oh yeah, and it's bullet-proof, too.
:rolleyes:

Wow everyone.:D

This is great! Not all cars from the factory run the same as others.
No matter what the car is. Where I am, I have seen stock z06's run any where from 13.0 to 14.5. The new Gt mustang runs low 15's same with the newer ls1's. I know that there are TR's out there that run quicker than that, that are stock. I know mine only ran right around 15's. But their have been much quicker that are stock.

Just making a statement. You really shouldnt tell anyone not to race their car because it's stock. Why cut their balls off? We are all on the same side here.:)

Originally posted by qwic87gn
Wow everyone.:D

This is great! Not all cars from the factory run the same as others.
No matter what the car is. Where I am, I have seen stock z06's run any where from 13.0 to 14.5. The new Gt mustang runs low 15's same with the newer ls1's. I know that there are TR's out there that run quicker than that, that are stock. I know mine only ran right around 15's. But their have been much quicker that are stock.

Just making a statement. You really shouldnt tell anyone not to race their car because it's stock. Why cut their balls off? We are all on the same side here.:)

damn all those cars you listed are like 1 full second off what they normally do...you in a really high elevation there?

Back