You can type here any text you want

Got to the track tonight :)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Eric, I'm running a very tight converter considering the turbo I have. It stalls around 2500-2800 on the footbrake before it starts to creep or spin the tires. But on the transbrake I launch at between 3800-4200, depending on how much boost I launch with. I spent alot of time sending the converter back, going looser and tighter trying to get a good comprimise of ability to spool and minimise top end slippage. Converter slip was the most important thing to me because I dont have a lockup converter. I am currently at about 8% converter slip in high gear, which is pretty good.

If I was running a 200-4R or a lockup conversion on a TH400(which I want to go with eventually)I would run a considerably looser converter to start with to aid in spoolup and help in bracket racing(where reaction times actually count :) ). Then if it were too loose send it in and get adjusted. Probrobly 3200-3500 would be enough, more if you want quick spoolup without building boost first.

HTH,
Steve

Your car is runnin' good! Paint that front bumper, slap it on and send Rick Jensen some pics so all of us can see your car in GMHTP:D :cool:

Hey it was just a thought cause Rick's in Jersey so you're right around the corner;)

Guys have got to stop giving Steve a hard time over that front bumper :eek:

We love ya brother :D

Steve's car is garbage...how can you have a red car and a white bumper :rolleyes:;):D:D:D:D

As always good times man. You're proving that theory that you can't run fast on pump gas wrong. I'm going alchy which you know(one of Julios kits). I'm sure you'll learn more about it once we get my motor running.

Speaking of that, I need to get my wiring harness up to you since the motor is out now.

Keep up the good work man, I gotta get a ride in that now with the new gears. I guess I'll check it out when I'm up there for the wedding :)

Originally posted by fly89gta
Steve's car is garbage...how can you have a red car and a white bumper :rolleyes:;):D:D:D:D

You keep talking like that I'm gonna come down there and take my old red bumper off your car :) ;)

When you wanna meet up about that harness lemme know we'll work something out. BTW any news on your motor?

Steve

Back