Grand National/Darth Vader ad??

mr.turbota

Hi all!
I seem to remember that there was a Grand National/Darth Vader tie in in a magazine ad.
Is this true?
Anyone got a pic to show.
I have someone talking about the 1996 Impala SS was the first tie in with Darth Vader.
So, is he right? Or me?

Thanks,

George:cool:

There was a picture of a Grand National along with and a caption on the cover of a popular car magazine back in 86 or 87 with the caption saying "Lord Vader your car has arrived". I have that magazine here somewhere but Lord only knows where it's at...lol.

I have an 11x14 Poster with the 96 SS that has the "Lord Vader, Your car has arrived" ...have been hunting for the alleged GN version of it, no luck so far

I don't recall ever seeing Vader in a GN ad. I do remember the Impala one, though.

This should help settle things...:). From the cover of the May 1987 issue of Car and Driver. It looks like the Impala SS gang's a few years behind the times and they need to find another mascot...lol.

Attachments

• darth vader mag.jpg
    darth vader mag.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,718
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to find this for me...my pleasure...:rolleyes:

Every new so called high performance car seems to want to use Darth Vader as their cult mascot. Most if not all of them come painted in a lot of different colors, and not just black and black alone. As in yeah bud your green Impala SS really does have a likeness to Darth Vader as you roll your eyes and walk away...:confused:

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
I'm surprised they used it again for the Impala, thanks for showing the magazine cover.

Drthv8r,
Thanks for posting this.
Sorry, but I don't get here right away, and that I offended you.

George:cool: