You can type here any text you want

Grand National Options

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flying14

good morning everyone!

I'm trying to find out a little more about my family's grand national. It's an 87 GN that we have owned the car for over 25 years. And the car only has about 17,000 miles on it and is in immaculate pristine condition. Just trying to get a better idea of what the car really is.

Thanks
Kyle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
not sure what you mean "Just trying to get a better idea of what the car really is"
its an 87 gn (we2) ttop (cc1) with posi (g80), digital dash (u52), and other power options like seat windows etc
looking at vin it was an early build

if you want to break down the rpo codes
http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

Well I've always had an appreciation for the car and have looked at many different cars but haven't seen many cars with the same options as our car.

Thank you for the link that has a lot of good info

Is there any website with production numbers to see how many cars were produced with what options?

Is there any website with production numbers to see how many cars were produced with what options?
Pacecarta summed it up pretty well, but if you still want more info give Dennis Kirban a call, he might be able to answer some of your questions. My car is a we2 only without the ttops.

if your looking for a unicorn base don the options .., its one of 20,193
http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html
there really isnt a true breakdown on option rarity
of those 20,193 1987 grand national (WE2) the ttops roof seemed to more common than hardtop, the astro is the rarest of the available roofs
digital dash isnt as common but its also a novelty option as it lacks the tach and boost of the std turbo analog gauge

the 17k mileage is a little harder to come by these days and definitely adds to the value for a collector

if you want an appraisal from an experienced turbo buick appraiser contact terry shaw

Last edited:
Back