Grand National Project #1

gn-ph27.jpg

gn-ex2.jpg

gn-ex3.jpg

gn-ic1.jpg

They're ugly that's why...IMHO. The car's turning out nice, love the exhaust system & the coilover setup :eek: .

Well it's a good thing they make about 1000 different rims then. :tongue: Personally I LOVE them. :D

The exhaust is a full custom stainless set up. When the rest of the undercarriage stuff gets in, I'm going to to give the entire exhaust a spun look like the rims. Right now it still looks raw. Billet pullys, top plate, etc.....are all on the way, plus we are going to take off a bunch of brackets and chrome them, replace all the bolts with stainless allen heads, etc.....It will look a LOT nicer than it does even now when it's done.

Those pictures seriously blinded me! Everytime I blink my eyes now, I see little hazy purple images of a GN! No, seriously the car looks exceptional! That is the shiniest GN I have seen in a while. I love the coil over set up. Could you take pictures of the upper mounts? I actually like those rims. I just sold a set of 6 because they would clear my brakes, otherwise I would have kept them. Keep posting pictures! Looks great! ------Jeremy

Well it's a good thing they make about 1000 different rims then. :tongue: Personally I LOVE them. :D

The exhaust is a full custom stainless set up. When the rest of the undercarriage stuff gets in, I'm going to to give the entire exhaust a spun look like the rims. Right now it still looks raw. Billet pullys, top plate, etc.....are all on the way, plus we are going to take off a bunch of brackets and chrome them, replace all the bolts with stainless allen heads, etc.....It will look a LOT nicer than it does even now when it's done.

siccckkk!

Those pictures seriously blinded me! Everytime I blink my eyes now, I see little hazy purple images of a GN! No, seriously the car looks exceptional! That is the shiniest GN I have seen in a while. I love the coil over set up. Could you take pictures of the upper mounts? I actually like those rims. I just sold a set of 6 because they would clear my brakes, otherwise I would have kept them. Keep posting pictures! Looks great! ------Jeremy

Thank you. The previous owner had the car painted about a year back. As for the suspension, it rides a MILLION times better than it did and feels massively more connected and stable. I'm very happy I did the entire thing. As for more under the car pics, my buddy who is a photographer took tons of pics under the car. I will post them when he sends them to me. Everything had to be modified pretty much. Dana at Virtual Works pretty much modified EVERYTHING to fit and what he didn't like he custom made including the MAF pipe, upper and lower radiator pipes, the exhaust, etc....100% from scratch.

You're doing it right. Keep it up and keep posting. Love the wheels.

Thanks. I always have loved those wheels, and I knew they would look great on the GN, especially with the ride adjusted perfectly with the adjustable shocks. I think with the stance it has, it sits perfect and the wheels compliment it very well.

Be careful with centerline rims of your application. these rims prevent/reduce ventilation of the braking component. Over-heated brake will provide poor braking performance.

nice work:biggrin:

Be careful with centerline rims of your application. these rims prevent/reduce ventilation of the braking component. Over-heated brake will provide poor braking performance.

Thanks. I thought about that with the brakes. I'll just have to upgrade front brakes then I guess. ;)

Great build up! Nice to sit here and vicariously live through another when it comes to a turbo regal. Car looks very nice. Just wondering a couple different things.

Have you seen the RJC pullies yet?

Why did you go with such a small turbo?

Don't want to come across as picking apart your car at all. I would be very proud to call it my own. Great work.

Great build up! Nice to sit here and vicariously live through another when it comes to a turbo regal. Car looks very nice. Just wondering a couple different things.

Have you seen the RJC pullies yet?

Why did you go with such a small turbo?

Don't want to come across as picking apart your car at all. I would be very proud to call it my own. Great work.

I have seen the pullys. They showed up today. As for the turbo, I don't want to blow up this engine. haha. I'm going to be doing an entirely new engine in a few months and I wanted to drive this car over the summer as is. It gets 115 degree AIR temp out here, so big turbo cars are pretty much relegated to the garage during the day. I wanted to drive this car until I redid everything and sell the engine to my friend. I will eventually be changing the turbo and all the internals of the engine.

Looking good the coil overs look awsome bet it handles like a new car the wheels are ok but as stated no cooling of the brakes so be careful it is coming along great whose front mount and exhaust.

Looking good the coil overs look awsome bet it handles like a new car the wheels are ok but as stated no cooling of the brakes so be careful it is coming along great whose front mount and exhaust.

The car handles and hooks now which is nice. The IC is a Precision, the 3.5 inch is a fully custom stainless by Virtual Works here in Vegas. I will put up some pics after we spin the finish on it to clean it up.

Just a little update.....going with an all aluminum set up, TA block, aluminum heads, etc......fully built 1000whp capable. Spoke with Jack Cotton this morning and as soon as he gives me the go, it's a go. :D I can't wait!!

I was just about to bring that up. had some real-world experience with that "back in the day" ;) The AutoDrags *look* awsome on a GN, but they WILL overheat the brakes after repeated hard applications.

anyway, top-notch job Vegas! WOW!!! :eek: I think you're gonna have a lot of fun with your GN. :cool:

Just a little update.....going with an all aluminum set up, TA block, aluminum heads, etc......fully built 1000whp capable. Spoke with Jack Cotton this morning and as soon as he gives me the go, it's a go. :D I can't wait!!

smart man...going with Jack you will not be disappointed