You can type here any text you want

Grand National / T Type Installation of Rear 3 Pc Spoiler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

true85HA

I have not seen anywhere that showed how to put this spoiler on and I was scared to screw into the trunk and mess up sooooo. I went the SMC way and got a quart of SMC Filler/Bonding Agent and molded it to the trunk and sides. The important things are. 1. Make sure you rough up the areas with 40 or 80 Gritt 2. Do the trunk spoiler first and put some weight on it while its drying so it hardens on tight. 3. The end caps where a little low on the front spot so i had to build up the body so the spoiler wa level all the way across. 4. sand all seams so its clean lines and make sure you have all edges fill so no water gets under the spoiler.

Here are a few shots below it took a bout 3 hrs cause i was tryin for perfection. Im going to shoot highbuild and block the area so it look clean

hit me with any questions

Attachments

• IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2796.jpg
    IMG_2796.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 132
you were afraid to mess it up by bolting it on, so you glued it instead?

That looks like WAY more work than installing it the proper way...
the spoiler i got was not a spoolfool or oem one so there were no pre-installed screws and the end caps were not bolt on either so when i read the instructions it said try and mark and measure or use SMC. im pretty good at body work so i went the smc way. it will never come off, loose, its has all the oem seams like its bolted flush to the trunk and water can never leak in a screw hole. im not saying it the best but was worked out great for me ill add pics when i primer it tomorrow im still blocking the car.

Well it looks like it came out ok but what happened to your bolts and nuts ? What happens if it has to come off?

Well it looks like it came out ok but what happened to your bolts and nuts ? What happens if it has to come off?

The Spoiler I got was a fiberglass one so it came with threaded screws you had to drill in the spoiler then in the car. and the end caps were hollow they were not the normal ones with bolds already installed

Looks good. Since you were doing bodywork anyway why didn't you just feather it completely into trunklid and quarter extensions instead of making a fake seam. I have same spoiler and I'm unhappy with how its fastened so I was thinking of doing this but making it seamless.

Back