Greatest song ever?

Yea, Humiliative was the first shugga I learned on guitar - my drummer got me into them when he played the line from War. I think he was on mad crack when he spit that sh*t out.

I like all that fast, "what the f*ck is that, anyway" stuff.

What bout some Deicide?! - Legions - now thats some crazy stuff - talk about endurance!

Originally posted by PhilM
Yea, Humiliative was the first shugga I learned on guitar - my drummer got me into them when he played the line from War. I think he was on mad crack when he spit that sh*t out.

I like all that fast, "what the f*ck is that, anyway" stuff.

What bout some Deicide?! - Legions - now thats some crazy stuff - talk about endurance!
Legion is their best, far and away. I've followed Deicide for a lot of years, but I don't think I'll be buying any more of their new albums...they've really lost their fire. But Fear Factory will always be my fav. Demanufacture (I thought) was a concept album the likes of which hadn't been seen since 'The Wall'.

What kind of axe you slingin'? I play a Jackson Professional. (NOT Performer or Pro....the Professionals were very limited in production......man, seems like eveything I like is old and expensive!)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Legion is their best, far and away. I've followed Deicide for a lot of years, but I don't think I'll be buying any more of their new albums...they've really lost their fire. But Fear Factory will always be my fav. Demanufacture (I thought) was a concept album the likes of which hadn't been seen since 'The Wall'.

What kind of axe you slingin'? I play a Jackson Professional. (NOT Performer or Pro....the Professionals were very limited in production......man, seems like eveything I like is old and expensive!)

Legion was my intro to death metal. Deicide has gotten a little too generic and repetitive lately though, but they're still great.

I agree 100% about Demanufacture, I have all Fear Factory (except two digipacks) and it has been played a lot more than pretty much any CD I own.

And what do you know, I play a Jackson Rhoads V from the 80's, currently undergoing a refinishing (new paint, new Floyd, new tuners, new pickups, the works) and an Ibanez S470 thru a new AVT combo and 5150 half stack.

The best song in the world is "The End" by the doors
and it is so bad*** when it plays the the end of the movie Apocalypse Now. genius pure genius.

Ok, you guys are freakin me out now. :eek:

I play Ibanez RG with emgs - its a 7 string with solid bridge n no frills. I also got 2 strats for my blues/rock years, and a few acoustics - Esteve nylon string, Taylor Steel str. I play through my own tube amps which you can see some of on my site - My current rig is a boss gt6 thru crown pwr amps and my own 4-12" cabs and one full range cab for more punch. Ive been into the f*cked up metal for almost a year now but been playin for almost 10. Any basists out there? the one we had is a ****in addict and is always stoned.

Sorry, i dont like to play Jacksons too much - i guess its because i was used to strats with big ass strings and high action 4 da blues that i use the Ibanez. Also, for some reason I have this thing with finding cheap ass electrics that uniquely play GOOD. You can find em everywhere. The one i got plays so nice and only cost me 250used. - the pickup is almost more expensive than the guitar!

U guys into the new chamira? I like FF alot too- n they kinda sound a lil like em now that FF is disbanded or sumin?

man in black. - cash
2 minutes to midnite. - iron maiden
train, train. - blackfoot
train kept a rollin. - aerosmith
ace of spades. -motorhead
the devils chasin me - rev. horton heat
get it on. - turbonegro
idle hands. - murder city devils
mystery train. - zeke
born with a tail. - supersuckers
hot rod racer. - **** dale & his deltones
wreckin' crew. - meteors

Theres my 2 cents. kind of a strange mix I know.

Oh and time warp from rocky horror.:D

FF has a new bassist and their next album, 'Archetype' was completed on 1/6 and will be released in April.

....I have to play Jackson because I can't live without the sharkfin inlays! Ibanez does make a great guitar, I play my friend's RG from time to time....but you're right, they can be very strat-like, and that's not the best thing for my average sized hands.

Lately, I can't stop listening to Lamb Of God's 'As The Palaces Burn'.

Jimi Hendrix-"stone free"
ZZ Top-anything pre-eliminator
Muddy Waters "mannish boy"

ok I'm gonna go out on a limb here METALLICA SUCKS there one of the most overrated bands ever, And Social D is a kick A$$ band but unfortunatley the only song by them on this thread is "ball and chain" EEWW how about "dear lover" "cold feeilings" "don't drag me down" etc etc.

Here are the bands from my era (me being 16) that are actually good
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Social Distortion
Nirvana
Oasis
King's X(bitchin band but no one knows about em')
Counting Crows
Wallflowers
AudioSlave
Rage Against the Machine
Supergrass
Ben Folds Five
Everclear
Foo Fighters

If you like any other music from the 90's up it most likely sucks.

"Polka Dot Undies", Bowser and Blue, and I second the choice of "Linus and Lucy" by Vince Giraldi(sp?) for one of the greats.

Originally posted by BGN8711
And Social D is a kick A$$ band but unfortunatley the only song by them on this thread is "ball and chain" EEWW how about "dear lover" "cold feeilings" "don't drag me down" etc etc.

obviously,you've never played it on acoustic around a campfire:D ...one of the best songs ever.i could've listed about 50 social d tunes(i've been listening to them since '86 :eek: ) but i was just trying to make a point...

oh yeah,for you gearheads-i primarily play my '93 gibson les paul studio(black with ebony fretboard:cool: )thru a peavey rockmaster preamp into an early '70's siverface bassman head.i also recently acquired a 5150 head...i'm still trying to achieve "my" sound with it,it's just too buzzy...gotta do the bias mod and play with some tubes...

Pantera .... Cowboys from hell , & Cemetary Gates
Nugent ....Stangle Hold
Metalica ..... Fade to Black , One , Seek & Destroy , Sanitarium , For Whom The Bell tolls
Guns & Roses....many songs
Korn.....Here to stay , Alone I Break , Thoughtless
Prodigy....Smack my B!tch up

Cant for get those 80's metal music.....(the good old days)

Jesse
:cool:

Best song in the world anywhere hands down

The Star Spangled Banner

Whitney Houston singing it will make you swell with pride and bring a tear to your eye. Roseanne Barr can also make you teary eyed with this ditty.:D

WFO, that's way cool than I thought you were one of those wanna be social d fans who only listens to the self-titled album, Ball and chains ok, just not one of my favorites but hey everyone has diff opinions. So sorry bout that ROCK ON SOCIAL D

P.S do you go on sxdx.com? If not check it out if you do please tell me your name on there

Zager and Evans

"In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)"

Reached #1 07-12-69 on the Billboard Charts

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find........

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine, doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
``Guess it's time for the Judgement day''

In the year 8510
God's gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say ``I'm pleased where man has been''
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man's gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing...

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday...

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find.......
I just just heard that song for the first time and remembered tis post

Bump

Great, now I have to listen to it.

I am a huge music lover.

With over 1400 CD's and over 22,000 songs on my iTunes. it's hard to pick a favorite. But I will put up 2 phenomenal songs.

Iron Maiden - hallowed be thy name
Thin Lizzy - Black Rose.

30 + years later and their songs haven't aged a bit.

I love great double leads and blazing guitar solos.

These two bands are the standard.

Picking the best song ever is like picking the best guitar player ever.
They are a dime a dozen.

You can't even make a top ten list without replacing someone every ten seconds.

Love music. It's always playing.

D