You can type here any text you want

GSX info...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Not sure where to post this, here goes.
Am looking at a 1970, that's being represented as a GSX.
Can someone clue me in on what to look for, to verify the accuracy of the seller's claim?
About all I think I know::rolleyes:
1. 455 engine.
2. Either yellow or white.
3. 4 speed, or t-400.

I realize that condition and such dictate price. NE idea of it's value, [ballpark], should it be as represented?? [Seller states "You got to see this one]:eek:
This 1 is a convertible. Anything I should look for there?
NE sites that can lead me to an "expert status", in 15 minutes of reading?? [I learn fairly fast..:biggrin:]

TIA,

Chuck,

No factory '70 GSX cars made as convertibles. The one you are looking at isn't a real one- that much I do know. No one would be strange enough to chop off the top and convert a real '70 GSX. Bet it's a clone/ tribute car and may have started out as a 350 GS or base Skylark model car. GSX could be had in either 455 or Stage 1 motor packages in '70. Two websites should have all the info you need on these cars: V8 Buick.com and buickperformance.com VIN should be 446370H Here's a site that offers up alot of good authenication information: Factory Stage1 Identification This one too: 1970-72 Buick GSX Registry
You also have a subject matter expert up your way that you could call and get everything you need in terms of history, info, documentation- Mark Reeves at Then and Now Restorations in the ATL area. HTH. :smile:

Whoops....

Thanks all.:D
The fact "no converts", pretty much did the trick!:mad:
it may well be a NICE car, but no clones in my budget.
The asking price is $20,000. For that much, I'll keep looking.

Back