You can type here any text you want

GT3255E from PTE no longer produced

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
I was calling and getting some pricing on a new turbine housing and discovered that they are no longer making this turbo (said they have enough parts for to build a few). Looks like it was a parts availability thing.

The turbine housing was on the shelf, I think it was another part
I remember few years back when I had mine built it took a extra 2 weeks due to the exh wheel on back order or something so maybe that is the reason its gone.

I asked what they had lined up for replacement and he said they had some new stuff coming out at the first of the year and could not speak of it...

Sounds like some new school stuff coming down the pipe

can buy used gt3255e turbo??????

hello i need a little help... I can buy gt3255e turbo for 200-300 dollars with less than 50 miles on it... is it a direct bolt on fit on a86 t-type , also will my turbo shield fit????? is this a good turbo????? i have 50lb injectors, 3" down pipe, 3" atr dual exhaust. walbro 340 hotwired, stock block,smc alcohol. how much horsepower will it support or make???please help i need to buy real soon if a :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: good deal thanks in advance for all the help ........

hello i need a little help... I can buy gt3255e turbo for 200-300 dollars with less than 50 miles on it... is it a direct bolt on fit on a86 t-type , also will my turbo shield fit????? is this a good turbo????? i have 50lb injectors, 3" down pipe, 3" atr dual exhaust. walbro 340 hotwired, stock block,smc alcohol. how much horsepower will it support or make???please help i need to buy real soon if a :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: good deal thanks in advance for all the help ........

I ran one for a while. Great spool with stock converter and made good power. The only downfall would you have to push it hard to get the gains. If you are at 20 pounds or less it would be very similar to the stocker. I had to run 25+ pounds to get the most out of it. I ran mine at 28 pounds. Great upgrade over the stock turbo if you are not looking to run any faster than high 11's. I left my shield off and it's rated at supporting 545 hp. For that price I would scoop it up. I sold mine for $500 with about 3000 miles on it when I upgraded to the PT67.

I have a gt3255e on my daily driver 87 turbo regal, NOT the car in the sig.

It definitely pulls harder than the stock turbo i had on the car the day before, even at low boost numbers.
Once i turned it up to 23psi, my trans broke the second gear band that month after a few good street racing nights, guess it makes alot more power.

I think you are correct, there is no provision for the turbo shield and my daily has that removed.

If you can get it cheap with no issues then buy it.

The GT3255E on my car went 11.59 at 119 on a friends car. Nothing special than racegas and us tuning it.

BW

I also think that is a very low price, and sounds like it would be perfect for your combo...

Chuck

Thats a great price for a nice turbo. I had one on my T Type on alky.

Gt3255e

HEY I GOT IT BOUGHT.... 300.00 DOLLARS THANKS ALOT FOR THE FEEDBACK!!!!!!! I WILL GET IT INSTALLED AND PUT IT TO THE TEST IN THE T TYPE, HOPEFULLY REAL SOON..... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Excellent, thats a hell of a deal for that turbo.

What injectors do you have?
Do you have a Turbo Tweak Chip?

If you have a chip that has adjustable fueling, then i would add about 8% more fuel for WOT.

I went the cheap way, and purchased a set of used 009 / 42.5 lb per hour injectors here in the parts for sale section for about 125.00 per set.

They work great on my daily driver with that GT3255E.

With Eric Marshalls chip, i do not get the common tip in stumble that everyone used to get with these 009 injectors.

Next is a methanol kit, might as well get Julios meth kit, a TT chip and some tires...:biggrin:

Back