You can type here any text you want

GTA Cap Dress Up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WLDWST

I just got these wheel cap overlays from Mark at TR Custom Parts. They are made of 2-plex. I am so impressed. I wanted my new GTA wheels to have a center cap that had more of a stock look. The GNX style stickers are fine, but on a T I think these look better. Besides they aren't all wrinkled like a thin sticker. They are slightly different than the stock caps in that the stags face the opposite direction, but I can live with that. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC00539 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00539 (Medium).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC00540 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00540 (Medium).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC00542 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00542 (Medium).JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 323
Those overlays are great. Back when I had 18" wheels I had Turbo 6 center emblems for them and you wouldn't believe how many people asked "those 18's came stock?!".

I also had mine done by Mark at TR Custom Parts...I don't really know what's "2-plex" though...:confused: The only thing I should've asked for is to have the "power 6" symbol done in gray over black (like "WLDWST" has done...) . There's absolutely nothing wrong with the colors, but they stand out a little more that I thought they would...:rolleyes:

Claude :)

I found the turbo six in those colours a little bright too. These were the ones I originally wanted, but decided on the shield. Like I said, I am pleased how close they are to a stock cap.

Attachments

• blackalum6[1].jpg
    blackalum6[1].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 310
"WLDWST", just for curiosity, what kind of wheels are these?...I notice that the spokes do not intersect at the rim like the GTA rims do...:confused:

Claude :smile:

I have the gta caps with the tri-shields on my 84/85 GN vector style wheels and they look stock. I was the first one to have the tri-shields designed with the detail work done on them. When I first started looking at Marks tri-shield inlays they were just the three shield outlines with out the interior elements of the stars, lines, and antelope. With a simple email and a few pics of a factory trishield Mark had these done up in a day or two. Just another testiment to his great customer service and being willing to try and make the best products he can for us.

I have the gta caps with the tri-shields on my 84/85 GN vector style wheels and they look stock. I was the first one to have the tri-shields designed with the detail work done on them. When I first started looking at Marks tri-shield inlays they were just the three shield outlines with out the interior elements of the stars, lines, and antelope. With a simple email and a few pics of a factory trishield Mark had these done up in a day or two. Just another testiment to his great customer service and being willing to try and make the best products he can for us.

Let me see if I get this right, will the GTA center caps fit the Alum Turbo Wheels? Will the WS6 caps with the metal retainers also fit, anybody know?

Let me see if I get this right, will the GTA center caps fit the Alum Turbo Wheels? Will the WS6 caps with the metal retainers also fit, anybody know?

Yes the GTA caps will fit the aluminum wheels that came on the 84/85 GN's and the 86/87 T-Types without any modifications. They are a tad smaller diameter where the clips are that the stock caps so when I installed them on my wheels I put a few small dabs of silicone on a few of the tabs to just make sure they were secure. Now there is no risk of them coming off. I would asume that the caps with the metal retainers would fit as well as they are basically the same cap as the regular GTA caps just with metal retainers. In fact they would probably work even better with the metal retainers, but I havent ever tried them.

I figure these would look pretty close to the stock T caps at a more reasonable cost than the OEM caps. Considering what the stock ones are selling for, these could be had for a quarter of the price.

Attachments

• DSC00541 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00541 (Medium).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 216
There is a guy on ebay that sells reproduction GTA caps without the inlays for about $25-$30 shipped. Then you can get a set of inlays from Mark for another $30-40 and you will have factory looking caps.

Hey guys, The REAL craftsman is Kevin Williams, who does all the engraving on these. :D There are quite a few different tri shield logos out there.

Easiest way to describe the 2plex material is a sandwich of black plex material with a thin layer of clear plex over it. The engraving is done from the back thru the black material just into the clear. Then the engraving is painted from the back. The surface that shows is perfectly flat.

Funny, we have had people who bitch that the screw covers we sell looks like it was painted by a five year old. They are looking at the back of the 2 plex cover. I tell them to just flip it over and they will see what they really look like.:D Here is a pic of the back and front of one of our door sill overlays to show what I am talking about.

BTW, these overlays look good on aftermarket wheels as well as long as they have a flat surface to mount on.

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 175
Do any of you guys have pics of the tri shield caps on the car istelf? I currently have the color turbo 6 ones and Im not crazy about em. thanks

nice caps

I figure these would look pretty close to the stock T caps at a more reasonable cost than the OEM caps. Considering what the stock ones are selling for, these could be had for a quarter of the price.

caps are going to look good on your wheels i just bought some gta wheels i got the gnx caps from gbodyparts am sure the sticker is not going to last very long.

Do any of you guys have pics of the tri shield caps on the car istelf? I currently have the color turbo 6 ones and Im not crazy about em. thanks

Don't know if you can see them clearly. I can send you a larger pic if you give me your email address by PM.

Attachments

• DSC00794 (Large).jpg
    DSC00794 (Large).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 116
Guys,
Those are my wheels and caps shown on Mark's website. The wheels are Rikkens and the turbo 6 logo doesn't look that "bold" in person. For some reason when I took the photo the fine lines blended together. I will see if I have a better photo of them, but it matches the emblem on the steering wheel almost exact.

Wheel Cap Overlays

Matt

Back