You can type here any text you want

GTA/GNX wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
I may be making repro GN and GNX wheels soon, my neighbor has a CNC machine and makes custom motorcycle and hotrod parts, accessories and wheels. so I got together with him and proposed the idea of making repro GN and GNX wheels out of cast aluminum (or Billet if you really want) he seems to be all for it. I gave him a GN wheel, and he is going to be making a 'prototype' sometime this next week, depending on cost, we will be making these wheels.

We will try and make the GN and GNX wheels in all sizes, from 15 to 16" from 7 to 10" wide.

So, what I need to know is if anyone has a spare GTA or GNX wheel just lying around that I can borrow that we can copy. I would prefer to have a GNX wheel because that has the correct backspacing to it. But, who has one of those sitting around right? lol

but if you have one of these, and your somewhere in the south Florida area, let me know so I can borrow this and maybe get this project under way.

Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

-Neil

It would be really nice if you could get the correct GNX offset. I wouldn't settle for the GTA offset/backspacing. It's been done too many times, it's about time someone does it right! :) I'd be interested in a set if this goes through...

-DC

Brett, what kind of rims are these that you have? i cant say that i know off the top of my head.

Sinful6, if this does go through i will let you know

thanks everyone

Originally posted by stickybones
Are there any legal issues with reproducing that wheel?

dont know, but i dont think its going to be happening, i cant seem to find a wheel and i think its going to be expensive, in a couple days i am going to know how much its going to cost to make the stock wheels, and if its not reasonable then i am just going to say screw it.. maybe i will start making intercoolers :D

Hollow ATR style rear sway bars.

How much could these things be?

How can GM sell a front hollow 36mm sway bar for $80 and ATR sells their rear bar for $180?

Back