You can type here any text you want

GTA wheels rubbing.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
I have GTA wheels on my GN. The usual front on the back and back on the front setup. I have 245/50/16 on the front. They rub a little more than I like. What are my options? Should I run spacers or smaller tires? If so what is the tire size I should run or spacer size......or etc.......

I never ran GTA's, but I thought it was all 4 fronts for the GN ???
Try one of your rears on the front to see how that fits.
Someone here knows ;)

Can I run spacers on the front? Will it help a little? I have 245s on the front. Since they don't match my 255s on the rear, I cant rotate them anyway. Should I go for a smaller tire? If so.....what is the smallest tire I can put on the front GTA wheel?

Here is what I'm running

Rear with 5/16” Spacers on GTA’s (4 Fronts), P225/55R16 Fronts, P255/50R16 Sumitomo’s.

Needed longer wheel studs.

Had 245's on it before, they would rub in a hard turn. The 225/55's do not.

255/50 are the correct height, the 225's are .5" smaller.

Here's a calculator:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i had rears on the front of my car with a 5/16" Mr Gasket universal spacer for the first year i had the car.at first, i had 255/50's all around and the fronts rubbed just a little bit. i later got 245/50's all around and had no rubbing.
i got another set of GTA's later and transferred 2 of the 245's to the "front" wheels and put them on and have no rubbing issues at all.

I used to run 245/50's rear and 245/45's on the front on Kirban GNX style 16's for a little more clearance all around.

Do I need to run longer studs for the front?

FWIW, GTA fronts on rear and GTA rears on front work fine if running GM B-car spindles! NO SPACERS REQUIRED! Use Camaro 1LE rotors as they have the correct bolt circle and metric studs. You will need Edelbrock upper tubular control arms designed for the taller spindle....You get much improved camber curve so car handles much better and you get a 12" rotor so it stops much better as well. New cost for the control arm is $700, Ebay and/or used $300. The 1LE rotor is about $100 new at Autozone or Advance.
Hot Air

I recently installed Blazer front spindles/hub and caliper setup. Will GTA's work on these without issues?

FWIW, GTA fronts on rear and GTA rears on front work fine if running GM B-car spindles! NO SPACERS REQUIRED! Use Camaro 1LE rotors as they have the correct bolt circle and metric studs. You will need Edelbrock upper tubular control arms designed for the taller spindle....You get much improved camber curve so car handles much better and you get a 12" rotor so it stops much better as well. New cost for the control arm is $700, Ebay and/or used $300. The 1LE rotor is about $100 new at Autozone or Advance.
Hot Air

The drawback with this set up is it increases bump steer issues. You're better off converting to the S-10 spindles and get bigger brakes for them. Cost wise about the same but headache wise much easier.

I recently installed Blazer front spindles/hub and caliper setup. Will GTA's work on these without issues?

Yes they will David. It moves the front wheels out slightly but I don't remember how much. If you haven't found new bearings send me a PM and I'll send you a link for them. I found them cheap with a 1 year warranty.:biggrin:

There are NO bumpsteer issues with my car!
Conrad

I have 4 GTA fronts and yes the 245/50 tires rub, the GNX front wheel wells were modified to fix this problem. When I replace my tires I will step down in size, I can see the rub marks on the wheel well in a couple of spots.
Mike

I need some GTA fronts. I have the wrong rims. Have 245s on the front. It rubs a lot. Need to take off the wheels and inspect the rub spots. See rub marks on the back side of the A arm, and on the plastic wheel well liner just above the same mark on the A arm. Do you know what kind of mods ASC did to the GNX?

I need some GTA fronts. I have the wrong rims. Have 245s on the front. It rubs a lot. Need to take off the wheels and inspect the rub spots. See rub marks on the back side of the A arm, and on the plastic wheel well liner just above the same mark on the A arm. Do you know what kind of mods ASC did to the GNX?

Can't answer your question regarding ASC mods, but do you have factory springs that aren't sagging? Try going to the gnx thread for specific gnx related questions.....ask someone for pics of their wheel well !

The drawback with this set up is it increases bump steer issues. You're better off converting to the S-10 spindles and get bigger brakes for them. Cost wise about the same but headache wise much easier.

Yes they will David. It moves the front wheels out slightly but I don't remember how much. If you haven't found new bearings send me a PM and I'll send you a link for them. I found them cheap with a 1 year warranty.:biggrin:

what about Blazer front brakes and rear GTA wheels on front with no spacer??? will that work??

The brakes should push the wheels out enough so you don't have to run spacers.

I run the fronts on the rear and rear on the front like you, with 255/50 on all corners. I use a 5/16" (I'm pretty sure) spacer on the front. It rubs a little at full lock but all else is good.

Back