You can type here any text you want

Guess my 1/8 MPH

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

I had my fastest run to date yesterday but the 1/8 MPH wasn't working so I was wondering what it might have been...here's my time slip...I'm thinking around 104/105 MPH...what do you think?

60 ft - 1.53
1/8 E.T. - 6.79
1/8 MPH - ???
1/4 E.T. - 10.64
1/4 MPH - 127.28

I agree with pacecarta

the only time I took mine to the 1/4 I ran 126.58mph and it was only 101.5mph in the 1/8th

since then I have done 104+ in the 1/8th but have never taken it back to the 1/4.

Look at your old slips and see what your car picks up on the back half i would say you ran 101 to 100 if it has a good tune more if your tunes not on the money we pick up 28 on a perfect tune with iron heads with aluminums we pick up 30 pretty easily .Laz

102.9 to 132.22 on mine..

depends on the tune-up. Typically it should be aprox 25. So I concur on the 102 ish

So Laz are you saying I can tune better becuase I pickup 30 on iron heads :biggrin: :rolleyes: :eek:

Julio my homie you forgot that you dont have a buick gn , you have one of the most aerodynamic bodys to come from detroit .29 cd without mirrors if i recall so nope dosent work for me :p look at all your boys timeslips most buicks will not pull more that 28 on irons we pick up more in a swoopy mustang we pick up more than 30 stick shift .BTW get ready for brandenton tell richie im working on it hehe .Laz

I'm seeing Jenny Craig tommorrow for diet help next month.. not me the car :biggrin:

I guess if I take off the mirrors it will pickup 31? :confused:

Hehe.. cant wait for next month.. and I heard from a reliable source.. Richie is polishing his rear bumper :wink:

I pick up 30mph+ between the 8th and 1/4 but am making more power based on trap speed.
I think maybe gear/tire size/ and lock up or non lock up converter will make differences too.
As Laz said check your previous time slips and see what you normally pick up.

I am guessing 101 in the 8th for you.

Laz,
Thank you for setting it straight on comparing TTAs to TRs performance wise. They are not the same... When guys say "my TTA did this" I always say it wont work that way on a TR.

This is not a Dig at my buddy Julio, just in general. I seen may a Post comparing the 2. That slick body and low frontal area sure help alot going down the track. ;)

Ya.. but those GN1r's, 3.5 DP, ATR headers, and Big FM IC's..sure do help make up my Buick bretheren's abilities past the 1/8 mark :wink:

Razor said:
Ya.. but those GN1r's, 3.5 DP, ATR headers, and Big FM IC's..sure do help make up my Buick bretheren's abilities past the 1/8 mark :wink:
ohh dayyumm right back at em with that shot...

this looks like it could turn to another tyson fight :biggrin: wheres my popcorn?

Had riiiibbbbsss today, good as ever :biggrin:

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
ohh dayyumm right back at em with that shot...

this looks like it could turn to another tyson fight :biggrin: wheres my popcorn?

Had riiiibbbbsss today, good as ever :biggrin:

BW

T-minus 5.5 months and counting..... cant wait.... may just start dieting just for that.. new years resolution.. :biggrin:

Got to love them TTA irons.. :wink:

LOL , you are right. Nevertheless we are not talking about my car. :eek: :D

Back