Guess the car......

kirban 2 cents worth

Seeing nothing new posted here goes one: Referring back to previous page 10 the white olds 442 hood....that is the clue.

What other performance car american made that I am thinking of also had a similar ribbed center hood area like the one pictured on page 10?

the clock is ticking

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

neither charger or amx is correct...may be rite but not the one I am thinking of.

kirban

Here's one with a picture, while we try to get Dennis ribbed center hood question.

Attachments

• 100_0158.jpg
    100_0158.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 107
kirban 2 cents worth

On my ribbed hood trivia...here is another clue this car was offered with 2 different performance engines.....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

On my ribbed hood trivia...here is another clue this car was offered with 2 different performance engines.....

kirban

1967 Impala SS 427, 396......They also show a 327 as an option. BUT it has hood louvers in about the same position as the 442.

kirban 2 cents worth

still no correct answers to my ribbed hood question keep in mind its a single bar of ribs in the center similar to the white 1975 olds featured on previous page.

The Chevy was a good guess but not correct. The Vette 63 model I had one years ago that had dummy ones I think a pair of them on the hood not one in the center.

here is another clue:

There is a sister car to this......that again only offered the same 2 engine options.

Currently at least as of last nite one are even on ebay for sale meaning the car is pretty rare to find today and valueable.

Keep the minds at work.....

the clock still is ticking on this one....

kirban

Olds hood.

Here's the hood pic agian for Dennis's hood quiz.

P1010009-1.jpg

Here's the hood pic agian for Dennis's hood quiz.

P1010009-1.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

Apppreciate that.....may help get a winner.......in review the car I am thinking of had a very similar ribbed center area in the stock hood. The car model only offered 2 performance engines. A sister car was also offered.....car I am thinking of was built prior to 1975 and American made. My defination of sister car is like a Camaro and a Firebird....as of last nite none where on ebay so the car is kind of rare even when new.

Camaro/firebird reference is for reference only no connection to the model in question.

the clock continues to tick..

with your guess put kirban car to save confusion

Chrysler 300 H on the hood question.

kirban 2 cents worth

very good guess....but wrong. That is a rare car.....I member seeing a few in my neighborhood when they were knew since the Hurst plant was 10 minutes from my house. My wife worked at Hurst in 1969-70.

kirban

the clock is still ticking on this one....

Center rib area on a performance car hood from the factory....you are looking to name the car/model. This car only had 2 engine options.