Guess the car......

Been ten hours. Time for a pic. Anyone?

kirban 2 cents worth

I just sent a photo over to MR AMC Guy.....to post for me under this thread. Should happen later tonite. I been doing it under my thread also.

Not trying to step on anyones toes but figured with a lull as stated above I may get one squeaked in to keep things moving...

Not easy...

means I can't play

kirban

This is from Dennis Kirban.

Attachments

• Trivia.jpg
    Trivia.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 90
Either a 56 or 57 Corvette. no way to tell.

Mike B.

Gtc #51

I'm going to be out for most of the day, so I am going to submit one. Not stepping on anyones toes, but this thing showed up at the delaership yesterday.

Don't care about the year....make and model.....

On a side note. When this gets close to 100 submissions, I will offer something from Mr. Kirbans catalog as a prize. It will be for the 100th Guess the Car winner.

Attachments

• clip_image001.jpg
    clip_image001.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 82
kirban 2 cents worth

Tough angle....vintage around 1948-53 Mopar or in the Nash family maybe that will click with someone else.

Also I would chip in on the prize at the 100 mark.....kirban

kirban

gtc #51

Good one. I'm stumped. When I first saw it I was thinking 48-50ish Hudson. The grill looks kinda 48-50 Packard.

Not too far off, but not really that close either. I can tell you the year is 1947.

Here's another hint....

This model of car ceased to be made in 195o because of extensive "hand work"

kirban 2 cents worth

1947.....year I was born anyhow....not likely its a tucker too rare and I think they were a 1948 model.

Maybe a Dodge sedan or business coupe....in the chrysler family?

waiting for that other hint....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

New guess Kaiser.....another label that bit the dust....

kirban am I in the ball park or at a different game?

One particular part of the car was made in Arkansas and shipped to the manufacturing facility.

I bet if I post up a picture of the whole car you will kick yourself.

another hint....

Attachments

• tc1.bmp
    60.2 KB · Views: 69
It is a Chrysler of 1947 vintage. It was affectionately called one thing, but the brand had an official name.

There were 6 model names..."Royal", "Windsor", "Town and Country", Saratoga", New Yorker" and "Crown Imperial"...
Is the name you're looking for in that list?...or is it a "nickname" you're looking for?

Claude. :smile: