You can type here any text you want

Guess the car......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Post #498.

Why do I think that it has a propeller out back?;)

Is it an American car?

I am going to have to agree with some of the guys on here.

Keep it production, Keep it American, try to post the odd angle or cropped picture.

Most of us are intimate with older cars and even the curve of a bumper will give it away. Which is what makes the game fun.

Even I am guilty of posting the occasional obscurity, but I started the game.....:biggrin:

Is that a Holden?

i cant catch a break!

I'll throw in another. Dad's car on a rotisserrie.

Hint: There are very few reproduction parts for this car. He used 10 cars to make one and is still missing a couple things.

Attachments

• de18^005 sized.jpg
    de18^005 sized.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 98
kirban 2 cents worth

If it is a Mopar your Dad shold be at Chrysler at Carlisle this weekend....one of the biggest events held at Carlisle....must have been about a dozen of the wing cars....probably 2 dozen red wagons....and more hemi cars than I could count. Even saw two of the rare Hurst 300-H cars.....

I go with Pauls guess Sports Fury....if so does he have the wedge motor for it?
(staggered carbs?)

kirban

It IS a Plymouth Sport Fury. If you were real good you'd know it was a 65 by the location of the trim holes but close enough. The max wedge thing was mostly a belvedere/coronet thing, since b bodies were lighter. He said to hell with the numbers matching small block auto crap, he stuffed in a 440 4 speed, and thinking of swapping in a 6 speed. Would have done the cross ram thing but the a/c brackets would have to be fabricated and setting them up for a reliable open road car is a bitch.

Wing cars? The guy that restored this car specializes in wing cars. Him and dad went to school together and have been into mopars since before they were cool. Dean's Body Shop The green 73 Charger SE big block is my mom's. I haven't seen them all but the orange hemi bird was in the stall next to dad's and that dark green daytona is absolutely flawless. And yes I know what flawless looks like.

kirban 2 cents worth

A few closing comments.....at the Mopar event at Carlisle was a 3,800 mile original winged are can't member which plymouth or dodge version.... they had a special huge tent set up for survivor cars bone original examples...

locally to me years agoI had a friend that had one of those early max wedge cars and he had the round air cleaners made by the same source that makes some of our parts.. these were the aluminum air cleanrs think they were optional or for race set ups....been years ago now he has passed away and his car got sold....was black with a red gut.

gotta run

kirban

Post #513 car.

Guess make, model and year. I may add another photo if needed.

P1010017-3.jpg

P1010016-3.jpg

Mike Barnard

58, Edsel "Pacer"

1958 Edsel.

Claude. :)

I'll give it to you. I told my buddy Lou, who owns this car, that someone would guess it with in an hour. Here's some other pictures of it.

Also, I think that this would make a great 12 second sleeper with a mild Turbo Buick engine in it. ;)

P1010015-3.jpg

P1010018-3.jpg

Mike Barnard

I've got a few more goodies if anyone wants?

Mike B.

Post #517 car.

Well, it's been two hours since the last one was figured out. No one's posting. So, I'm posting another.:)

This is lou's son's car.

Must have make, model, and year.

P1010021-3.jpg

P1010023-2.jpg

Mike B.

1960 Ford Galaxie.

Claude. :smile:

Must have proper year, make, and "specific" model.

One more hint.: If you look in the last full car photo (the Edsel in post #515) you'll see part of this car in the lower right corner.

Here's another shot too.

P1010019-3.jpg

Mike B.

Must have proper year, make, and "specific" model.

One more hint.: If you look in the last full car photo (the Edsel in post #515) you'll see part of this car in the lower right corner.

Here's another shot too.]

Mike B.
Well, it's a 1960 Ford 4 dr. sedan, but with all chrome trim being off the car, it's next to impossible to say if it's a Galaxie or a Fairlane 500, but probably one of these two...:confused:

Claude.

Back