You can type here any text you want

Guess the car......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

Getting tough for me to follow but on Claudes car....chrysler product maybe aspen or volare....

just another stab in the dark for my guesses...

kirban

Dennis...yeah, unfortunately, it IS a stab in the dark!...But don't despair and please, try again! this is fun! :biggrin:

Claude. :wink:

Here's another hint: This car was sold under two different names in the US and in Canada...but the car itself was the same...

kirban 2 cents worth

Take a stab and say its a Ford product Mercury full size maybe 1972-93 vintage...

kirban

gotta work on getting my next trivia up tonite yet

kirban 2 cents worth

Take a stab and say its a Ford product Mercury full size maybe 1972-93 vintage...

kirban

gotta work on getting my next trivia up tonite yet

Oh oh!...now you're getting closer!!!:eek: ...Ok it's a Ford product...now try to give year, make and model (either US or Canadian, both are ok...)

Claude. :smile:

kirban 2 cents worth

My last stab tonite on this.....

In looking at the portion of the back bumper it appears to be the extended style which came in effect I think 1973 5 mph deal...

So, based on that I say 1973 or 1974 model. A Ford Product.

I still go with the Merc family of cars and full size model...

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

My last stab tonite on this.....

In looking at the portion of the back bumper it appears to be the extended style which came in effect I think 1973 5 mph deal...

So, based on that I say 1973 or 1974 model. A Ford Product.

I still go with the Merc family of cars and full size model...

kirban

Ok Dennis...I'll tell you 'cause I want you to have a good night's sleep...:biggrin:

It's a 1973 Mercury Monterey (in the US)...OR 1973 Meteor Rideau 500 (In Canada...)
Believe it or not, but the GREEN one was MY car!...:eek:

Good night!...

kirban 2 cents worth

Hey I was a rite full size merc....keep in mind in the usa we don;t see many canadian versions....at shows I have seen the Chevelle or Pontiac ones think they are called beaumonts?

Again no ability to post so you gotta do it again...

kirban

Here's a easy one for the old farts.

P1010011-2.jpg

Mike B.

kirban 2 cents worth

Hey I was a rite full size merc....keep in mind in the usa we don;t see many canadian versions....at shows I have seen the Chevelle or Pontiac ones think they are called beaumonts?

Again no ability to post so you gotta do it again...

kirban
Yes, Beaumont's were Chevelles sold at Pontiac dealers. The reason for this is that the Pontiac line did not offer the Tempest/LeMans in Canada until 1970. When they finally did become available in '70, the Beaumont got discontinued...:(...Last year for the Beaumont was 1969.
There were a few differences between Chevelles and Beaumonts however...mostly grilles, taillights, chrome trim and emblems were different as well as the Beaumont's having the same dashes the Tempest/LeMans line...:wink:

Ok now, here's an easy one...

Post #588 car.

62 Cadillac.:)

Might be a sixty-two coupe.

Mike B.

kirban 2 cents worth

I second the caddy guess above...definately just after the huge fins of 1959 and 1960 models.

Either way 2 tons plus of automobile...

kirban

Too bad they never offer the GTO in Canada......you guys got the turbo buick though...

kirban 2 cents worth

Too bad they never offer the GTO in Canada......you guys got the turbo buick though...

Dennis...we DID get the whole "Tempest/LeMans/GTO" line in Canada, but only beginning in 1970...

-->Now, let's try to find "SPOOLFOOL"s car...(post 587)...!...Could it be a 1957 Studebaker Hawk ?

Yup.

Dennis...we DID get the whole "Tempest/LeMans/GTO" line in Canada, but only beginning in 1970...

-->Now, let's try to find "SPOOLFOOL"s car...(post 587)...!...Could it be a 1957 Studebaker Hawk ?

See, I said that it would be easy for an old fart to get.;) :D

P1010012-2.jpg

Time for bed. Us Old Farts need sleep too. Over and out.

Mike B.

It's a Volkswagen "Rabbit", not an Omni...Also, several cars in that picture seem to be VW's...Aside from the Rabbit, there's a green Beetle and a recent Jetta in the background...The orange coupe looks like an Opel though...Maybe it's a museum in Europe??...

Claude....

P.S: Let's NOT forget the car I posted!!

I figured that out about 2 minutes after i posted so I edited it, and someone STILL got me quoted writing it. That's the price you pay to be on a decent sized BB.

kirban 2 cents worth

I think you slipped in one of those canadian cars from GM chevelle/version?

1968-69?

Gotta stick with US cars unless I am wrong in my assumption....

kirban

The decklid and fender were obviously 68-69 chevelle. Google did the rest. :)

More than the deck lid and fenders...the WHOLE CAR (minus the grille, taillights and dash) was the SAME as a Chevelle! It's unfortunate that the Beaumont was dropped after the 1969 model year because it would've been interesting to see how a Beaumont would look like using the newer, squarer '70-'72 Chevelle body!...:rolleyes:,but it never happened...:frown:

Claude. :)

Back