You can type here any text you want

H@R LOWER CONTROL BARS plus 1/4 inch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

I have 2 problems and shortening my lower bars 1/2 inch would fix both problems .....driveshaft 1/2 inch to short....and my MT 275 60 15 DRAG RADIALS are rubbing on the rear of frame where it curves in....sooo by cutting the lower control bars i will be able to advance the diff 1/2 inch forward and readajust my pinion angle with my adjustable uppers and fix both problems....BUTTTTT will this upset geometry of suspension or create other other problems

Time out......

What backspace on rims?

I run the 1/4 longer H&Rs with 275/50/15 no rub.

3.5 w alum. drums.

present moment 15 x 7 x3 3/4 no spacers ,and it rubs on the round part of the tire ..edge cornor...but i am picking up a set of 8 inch wide same BS ...but i am also trying to fix my short driveshaft problem at the same time

present moment 15 x 7 x3 3/4 no spacers ,and it rubs on the round part of the tire ..edge cornor...but i am picking up a set of 8 inch wide same BS

Bob, if you're going with some 15"x8"s, try finding some with a rear spacing of 3.5" and it should solve the tire/frame problem. now about the driveshaft being too short...I dunno what to say, sorry...do you still have the 200-4R ?

Claude :smile:

I will install 8 inch wheels and tires, then make decesion if i will lengthten driveshaft or shorten arms,,,,yes still have 2004r with billit parts and ptc torque converter

By shortening the arms you will change the way the rear works. See if you can find a shaft in the for sale section or have one made. Much better than moving the rear foward.

Bob, don't forget that if you move the rear axle forward, it's more than likely that the tires will touch the wheel opening moulding in the FRONT of the tires...especially with 28" tall tires! :mad: ...

Claude. :smile:

mentaly I went thru all that ,even had an estimate on price of extended tube about 160.00..........so i will wait to try wheels out first and claude i agree with you

claude i agree with you

Yep!...Believe me, it happened to me...:rolleyes: It's the late Eric Schertz who solved this for me by installing some H&R longer lower control arms...but curiously, I never had any driveshaft length issue...:confused:

Did you replace uppers also?

Yes. Eric replaced the lower control arms with longer ones to solve the problem of the tires rubbing against the front of the wheel opening mouldings and also because the urethane bushings in them were worn. These BGC bars came with some relocating plates (Southside style...) which were the "old school" way to change the pinion angle when used IN CONJUNCTION with stock length upper control arms. To be able to adjust the pinion angle again, he then installed some adjustable upper control arms and the car's been like that ever since...

Back