H&R poly motor mounts

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
Since it's out anyway, and since a 3" DP is part of the plan, I'm thinking of replacing the stock motor mounts with the H&R poly mounts. This should provide enough clearance for the DP, as well as some peace of mind, but can anyony tell me if false knock is apparent when using them? They are supposed to eliminate the need for a tie down strap, but are they really necessary for a mild street build? OEM mounts are significantly less expensive.

I was under the impression that these eliminated or reduced false knock, due to keeping the engine from twisting under accelleration and hitting the downpipe against the a-arm. You will be ok.

Did motor and tranny with them. No false knock and a lot more clearance for the DP. Great investment and no more torque strap.

Well worth every penny. We use them AND are a dealer for them. Real quality pieces, too bad you can't see them once installed. A lot of people just run the driver's side but I recommend doing both so the motor sits level. If your pass side one is worn out the motor will not sit level.

I just installed a set of the poly mounts and i kick myself in the rear for not doing it before now. i don't have any more engine vibrations than i did witht he stock type rubber mounts. I broke 2 eyebolts so i decided to do the poly mounts

I just ordered the drivers side poly mount so that I can do away with the tie down strap. The passenger side is a fairly new stock mount and will have to do for now. :smile: