You can type here any text you want

Halloween Contest

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dennis Kirban

Here goes:

The rules:

Open to anyone reading this thread exception being anyone connected to any of the various companies selling Turbo parts.

First correct answer posted in this thread is the winner. Second place also gets a prize. If I see the same answer twice before I check this thread.

First prize winner gets our new emergency kit which is a connector kit that we had Caspers make up for us consists of connectors for the wastegate solenoid, tps sensor, maf sensor and coil module. All plug ends that can easily break. Also included in this emergency kit is 3 powder coated c clips that secure throttle cable actuator etc. Also includes a used blue Buick owners manual holder A $39.95 value. Part number #7745 should be pictured on our website shortly.

If there is a second place that winner gets our kit that lets allows you to pull down your license plate and stay down. No holes to drill a great value you appreciate every time you fill your gas tank. Prevents spillage and fighting your spring pressure of your license plate bracket.. A $19.95 value.

There are the rules here is the question:

Two components exist under the hood of every original 1986-1987 Turbo Regal. They are both unique to the Turbo Regal.

BMW makes a diesel motor. This BMW diesel motor and the two Turbo Regal parts can be found in another vehicle. Give me the name of that vehicle. One of the turbo regal parts is the make only not the exact specs. The other is the exact component that is in the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

I know we got a smart group here so lets see how quick someone can nail down the answer I seek.

good luck participants!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Note: Caspers is currently making us this new kit so prize may not be awarded immediately.

Could it be the right side plastic fender liner (without the bosses) found on V8 cars?…and the Bosch fuel pressure regulator?

Claude. ;)

Maybe a Saab 9-3 with some sort of turbo diesel bmw motor in it. Saab, I think is GM, so maybe some turbo buick parts in there too. That's all I got. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BINGO we got a winner deezdad post #12 above.....the Vixen motorhome was made in Pontiac Michigan 1986-1989 had a BMW turbo engine Garrett turbo and a Buick powermaster brake unit. The clue that most readers missed was I said a vehicle and most concentrated on a car.

The Vixen shares the same powermaster as the Turbo Regal and a Garrett Turbo on the turbo I doubt its identical but I know the powermaster is because I had a 85 year old man bring one to our shop the other day to get a rebuilt one. The other tie in which I did not think about is these were assembled in Pontiac Michigan which as you know based on your VIN number the P in it stands for Pontiac Michigan which was the final assembly point for our cars.

I think those magnificent paint jobs was applied in Flint probably by a person that had very bad eyesight and using old equipment. .

So, I need the winner to email me denniskirban@yahoo.com so I can send them their prize also would appreciate it if they posted in this thread how they reached that answer.

As for the Saab guess not bad...I have sold several Saab Turbo cars which they have following alittle weird with the ignition key on the center floor area.

congrats to all those that posted their guess.

better luck next time

as for the next open house that person really plans for the future it would be next spring sometime usually held late April.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO we got a winner deezdad post #12 above.....the Vixen motorhome was made in Pontiac Michigan 1986-1989 had a BMW turbo engine Garrett turbo and a Buick powermaster brake unit. The clue that most readers missed was I said a vehicle and most concentrated on a car.

The Vixen shares the same powermaster as the Turbo Regal and a Garrett Turbo on the turbo I doubt its identical but I know the powermaster is because I had a 85 year old man bring one to our shop the other day to get a rebuilt one. The other tie in which I did not think about is these were assembled in Pontiac Michigan which as you know based on your VIN number the P in it stands for Pontiac Michigan which was the final assembly point for our cars.

I think those magnificent paint jobs was applied in Flint probably by a person that had very bad eyesight and using old equipment. .

So, I need the winner to email me denniskirban@yahoo.com so I can send them their prize also would appreciate it if they posted in this thread how they reached that answer.

As for the Saab guess not bad...I have sold several Saab Turbo cars which they have following alittle weird with the ignition key on the center floor area.

congrats to all those that posted their guess.

better luck next time

as for the next open house that person really plans for the future it would be next spring sometime usually held late April.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Well geez Dennis thanx once again, this was just a case of "google is your friend" combined with dumb luck in choosing the one vehicle of many that the BMW diesel motor was used in, although wikipedia does state 86-87 Vixen.. Almost feel guilty winning these things as I don't know crap about cars compared to many here.

kirban update

Dan has won two of our contests in a row......no it was not rigged. Dan also is lucky enough to own my test car #2 the dark blue Turbo-T with the black out package and was if not the first but maybe the 2nd Turbo-T to get a GNX suspension. RC did the install. This car also has a lot of unique features including a later CVD player Baer brakes power passenger besides being a very desirable color. Original Florida car so you know its clean underneath. I still remember leaving Richards around 10 pm to drive across the state. Around midnite a car maybe 3-4 cars ahead of me head a deer I drove over it and the stink hung with me until I got to a car wash the next day to hose the underside of the car. It was ugly....no damage just a bloody mess.

Dan your prize is being sent tomorrow actually sending you the kit we used for the photos. Also inthe package is 2 photos of your car to add to your documentation.

Tough making contests with the internet providing the answers.

I have no idea why the Vixen company chose a buick power master for a brake system. Maybe they liked systems that provides headaches? Wonder if they also used the turbo buick power window set up as well?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was lost from the get go. How can the two parts be unique to the TR but also be found in another vehicle? And...wasn't the powermaster also used in some caddies and Caprices? Oh well maybe next time I'll guess the number of m&m's or something.

I was lost from the get go. How can the two parts be unique to the TR but also be found in another vehicle? And...wasn't the powermaster also used in some caddies and Caprices? Oh well maybe next time I'll guess the number of m&m's or something.

GN Rick gotta re-read the clues one being vehicle so not limited to cars the part was the powermaster which is 100% exact as the one in the RV Viexn. not sure if that holds true in chevy or caddy I think not. as to the other item its the brand,,,,,the brand being garrett as in turbo same brand as the one in our turbo regals...again garrett would not appear in the chevy or caddy as you noted.

on a good note we will be doing a Thanksgiving M&M contest in the turbo lounge when the date gets closer...a tradition my Mom would do for us kids when we were growing up...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

You'll get more guess with m&m' s than these type of contest's

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Back