You can type here any text you want

Haltech

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987MCSSAeroCou

wants boost!
Has anyone used a Haltech EMS in their turbo 6? If so what were the pros/cons, and would you recomend it for others.

Haltech EMS

I think Kenny Duttweiler had one on his race car, but then he went to the Motec. The FAST system or Accel DFI is much better for a turbo 6.

The FAST system or Accel DFI is much better for a turbo 6

Why is the FAST better? I saw a comparison of Speed Pro and Haltech and the Haltech looks better, I understand FAST is more advanced than speed pro, but how does it compare to the haltech? I know the Haltech is popular with Rotary engine guys because along with Motec it is about the only stand-alone ECU available and is about half the price. It has more tunability than the Speed pro according to the information I've seen, yet turbo6 people use speed pro and I haven't found any using Haltech, why is this, lack of support maybe?
http://www.hondata.com/ecucomparison.html
looks to me like the haltech is better than the speed-pro or the Accel DFI, I can even control my V-tech (hehe, riiight)

Well from what I've heard the FAST/Speed-Pro system is the most user friendly system out there and yes the tech support is much better with the FAST system. Unless you know somebody that knows the ins and outs of the Haltech with the turbo 6 and knows how to tune it you will have trouble making it work. I have also heard of the Rotary guys using the Haltech and there is a feature of a low 11 sec 3rd gen RX-7 in this months issue of Turbo Mag that was built by Rotary Performance in Texas and it uses the Haltech system. BTW, I haven't seen a turbo car running in the 6's @over200mph with the Haltech, but the PTE single turbo mustang of Steve Grebeck was running mid 6's @210+mph with the Speed-Pro and last time I checked Lawrence Conley's Tweaked II twin turbo Camaro that is also running mid 6's @210+mph uses the Speed-Pro system........... just a little food for thought :)

What about a wideband 02? Saw no mention of that in their webpages, and that feature is the biggest selling point in an aftermarket ECU for me.

Brian Green
89 TTA

I heve seen mention of tuning using a wideband O2, but it you're right, it may not actually read data from them, I'll have to check on that.

I saw it on a friends of mine RX7 ,WBO2 is an option
Hes got 650 rwhp,and its not that user friendly as our boxes
You can get the demo from their www page

Back